Chelsea 2-0 Fulham

Jase

2 minutes ago, Jas said:

Saw this on BBC...

Mason Mount (five goals, two assists) and Timo Werner (two goals, five assists) have been involved in more Chelsea goals under Tuchel than any other player.

It is Pulisic if we put some context there...

4 goals and 2 assists in less minutes and without pens and set pieces...

And Havertz way less minutes with 3 goals, 1 assist, 1 pen won, 1 shot that lead to own goal... So those two definitely have better goal/assist per minutes.

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

What did you take? 

I had my cell phone to watch the game, but this was my wife’s morning and me staring at my phone was probably not a nice thing. I got to see the second half on the way home.

1 minute ago, NikkiCFC said:

It is Pulisic if we put some context there...

4 goals and 2 assists in less minutes and without pens and set pieces...

And Havertz way less minutes with 3 goals, 1 assist, 1 pen won, 1 shot that lead to own goal... So those two definitely have better goal/assist per minutes.

Classic NikkiCFC post. 🤣

1 hour ago, Jas said:

I really don't understand this tendency of people to write Werner off - or just a player off in general - after one season. Is there a quota to fill or something? Has he been great? No. But he hasn't been completely hopeless either. His numbers also suggest that he's been doing something right.

And before I get called out for being a Werner apologist again, I also defended Pulisic last season when people were questioning him and back then, it was probably worse when we had people saying he should be loaned out!

While I don't disagree that in Werner's case he's done enough to give us hope I don't buy the narrative players can't be written off after a season.

We've rightly done just that with many players and should have done so with others not naming any names Torres.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

While I don't disagree that in Werner's case he's done enough to give us hope I don't buy the narrative players can't be written off after a season.

We've rightly done just that with many players and should have done so with others not naming any names Torres.

This and the main suspect is Ziyech completely useless player.

2 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

3pts was in the bag and we needed to save energy

2 hours ago, chippy said:

Yes, but this time, once the second goal went in, the lads were correctly conserving as much energy as possible. 

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

Our players looked like they knew Fulham couldn’t lay a glove on us so they just kinda coasted for much of that 2nd half. The whole back 5 just look insanely comfortable and confident even if a mistake is made since there’s enough pace to cover. Even when changes are made.

Hope Rüdi is back for Madrid, though. Don’t trust Zouma in a game like that where they’ll be really pushing to score.

Yeah, I wasn't really complaining, more just making a statement of fact. 

12 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

We are playing Fulham who have Lemina and Anguissa, not Xavi and Iniesta. Plus they are playing what looks like a 442 on paper so we aren’t outnumbered in there either. Havertz, Ziyech will be able to come inside/drop in to help us get the ball in those areas also so we will be fine.

And Fulham finished the game with more possession. And more attempts on goal. This is what I meant when I saw lineup. If games like this don't make people appreciate Jorginho more, I don't know what will... 

28 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Anyone noticed how our last 3 goals came after great long balls from defenders? Rudiger (Real) and yesterday Silva and Chilwell.

Likely part of the plan to bypass the press and when we have pacey players upfront, it makes no sense to not try and play them in early. Playing slow, possession football is also shit anyway, especially when we need goals. 

21 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Anyone noticed how our last 3 goals came after great long balls from defenders? Rudiger (Real) and yesterday Silva and Chilwell.

I wonder if the long balls is something TT has talked to our defenders about? One of the big criticisms of our play has been the excessive sideways passing between our defenders. Not only is it tedious to watch but its also not doing anything to help us create chances and score goals. Just gives the opposition plenty of time to get men back into defensive positions. Don't want us to become a longball team (sure we wont) but mixing up play is defo something we should do more of.

Watched on the ipad as stuck with pretty limited Internet.

Thought the team played well with the defenders bombing forward.

Very disciplined performance- shame we didn't create a bit more, but professional performance and the train is rolling onwards.

hace 11 horas, NikkiCFC dijo:

And Fulham finished the game with more possession. And more attempts on goal. This is what I meant when I saw lineup. If games like this don't make people appreciate Jorginho more, I don't know what will... 

Maybe but when your playing every 3 days you have to rotate also and especially when you play a CL semi mid week and already have a CM out injured in Kovacic. 

Dont disagree re Jorginho but ultimately if Billy had played more games and had some actual consistent playing time and even more so if Mount did a bit more in the first half defensively in midfield, I think we would of been better off. Second half he wasnt that bad, he was tidier on the ball. We needed Kante in there though Mount was great going up the pitch but struggled also going back the way. Billy was for sure sloppy first half but got better second half as I said there. He was playing 2 v 1 a lot, Mount seemed to reign it in a bit second half but I felt he played more out on the left closer to Chilwell as opposed to in the middle of the park and that left spaces.

Ultimately we still had control of the game I would say after their period in the first half. Possession stats are misleading - even then 52% v 48% hardly that bad not like Barca having 70% v us home and away so would say your greatly overreacting to this. Stats on attempts on goal can also be misleading. Would probably say half their attempts were from outside the box/long range efforts. They weren’t big or clear cut chances, yes they had the one Mendy had to readjust to save due to a deflection and a few others he made from long range efforts but wouldn’t have said they should have scored in that game. Or  that they had created any real clear chances to do so. Plus we had 9 shots in all they had 10, but ultimately we had more shots on target, 5 v their 3, which is more important than overall attempts and leading on from there we scored 2 goals and they didn’t. Plus we scored an offside goal also and looked more purposeful in the final third IMO.

4 hours ago, Muzchap said:

Watched on the ipad as stuck with pretty limited Internet.

Thought the team played well with the defenders bombing forward.

Very disciplined performance- shame we didn't create a bit more, but professional performance and the train is rolling onwards.

Exactly what it was, professional......we did what we had to do to win but at the same time conserve energy for RM. I loved it, was proper.