• Werner
    • Havertz
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Kante (sub)
    • Silva (sub)
    • Emerson (sub)

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Why else would he persistently ignore Giroud or Abraham though? They arent amazing players but you cannot tell me they wouldn’t offer more than Havertz or Werner have of late? 

Its clearly sending a message of some sort whether its to the actual players or the club, I don’t know. But it feels like one to the club for me.

The problem with Giroud is that if he doesn't score, he offers nothing. He has no pace, no mobility, his link-up play is average at best. And given Tuchel's style of pressing and counter pressing, it just doesn't suit Giroud at all.

As for Abraham, I don't what are the reasons to be exact but we all have had our discussions over him. Maybe Tuchel doesn't rate him for the same reasons that many of us don't. 🤷‍♂️

Just now, different level said:

Nice. Unless we do a West Brom again next week we're going against Real Madrid in the semi finals.

Wow easy there. It just takes them to get off to a fast start in the next leg to completely turn this tie on its head. They’ve probably been the better side over the course of the game if I am honest, in terms of their intensity, how they’ve recovered the ball, how they got it forward, how theyve threatened at set plays etc. One moment of brilliance and a mistake doesn’t change that. In fact their fullback for the first goal doesnt dive in the likelihood its not a goal either. 

Thought that was one of the poorest performances of the season. Next to zero attacking threat, midfield buildup was nearly nonexistent, allowed Porto to bully us physically. And worst of all was the constant long, aimless passes from our players. We looked like we didn’t have a clue what we were doing.

And yet two fantastic goals and win 0-2.

🙃🙃🙃

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

The problem with Giroud is that if he doesn't score, he offers nothing. He has no pace, no mobility, his link-up play is average at best. And given Tuchel's style of pressing and counter pressing, it just doesn't suit Giroud at all.

As for Abraham, I don't what are the reasons to be exact but we all have had our discussions over him. Maybe Tuchel doesn't rate him for the same reasons that many of us don't. 🤷‍♂️

True with Giroud his lack of mobility doesn’t help but Abraham strikes me as someone who would suit Tuchel’s philosophy. Obviously he is far from a fantastic player but he showed some big improvement at the beginning of the season, particularly linking the play etc also. Plus every player has shown an improvement under Tuchel of sorts. 

Jesus if Chilwell can do what he did tonight in front of goal every week I’d happily see him upfront than either Timo or Kai for a period. Basically played with 9 men for the bulk of the time they were on.

Edited by OneMoSalah