• Jorginho
    • Kante
    • Mount
    • Ziyech
    • Werner
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Havertz (sub)

Mount was fantastic but for me Christensen was top class and gets my MoTM. Rudiger was pretty damn good too. It's amazing how well those two are playing after their antics last season. Just goes to show, you think a player is poor and there may be no way back for them but under a different manager you can see their true qualities. 

Edited by DDA

18 minutes ago, DDA said:

Mount was fantastic but for me Christensen was top class and gets my MoTM. Rudiger was pretty damn good too. It's amazing how well those two are playing after their antics last season. Just goes to show, you think a player is poor and there may be no way back for them but under a different manager you can see their true qualities. 

Even under Lampard pre collapse the defense improved immeasurably.

They weren't ever that big a problem, Kepa and Willy were.

So furious about the Werner offside. The commentators also called it onside at first look.

A goal like that against big opposition would have done wonders for his confidence.

VAR rears its ugly head again. And this time the pitch referee couldn't do anything about it.

To be honest, wasnt expecting a win I was sure it would be a draw but wow! good to be proved wrong. Saw the highlights and it seems that we're improving in the final 3rd. It seems everyone was superb yesterday, I hope we continue with this momentum. Go Blues!!!

8 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

To be honest, wasnt expecting a win I was sure it would be a draw but wow! good to be proved wrong. Saw the highlights and it seems that we're improving in the final 3rd. It seems everyone was superb yesterday, I hope we continue with this momentum. Go Blues!!!

It's kinda funny how a goal or a win can make the difference here. After that 0-0 draw with United at the weekend, people were feeling pessimistic going into this. But because we scored that 1 goal, because we got the win, everyone's feeling confident again.

5 hours ago, Patrick Bamford said:

You mean this? 

EvqyNRBXUAU5d-p?format=jpg&name=large

At least it isn't on the same Lingard cringe level

xRz7zf.gif

Still...the goal should probably be disallowed for that shit celebration! 

5 hours ago, Tomo said:

Even under Lampard pre collapse the defense improved immeasurably.

They weren't ever that big a problem, Kepa and Willy were.

It did improve and I'm sure it was the collapse of our free flowing attacking prowess that was a result of Frank tightening things up at the back. We were frightening when going forward under Frank at first but he couldn't find the balance of defence and attack... hopefully Tuchel will... so far he hasn't but last night showed early signs off there being a real balance. Lots of room for improvement though.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's kinda funny how a goal or a win can make the difference here. After that 0-0 draw with United at the weekend, people were feeling pessimistic going into this. But because we scored that 1 goal, because we got the win, everyone's feeling confident again.

Honestly I'm still not sold on Tuchel, just glad or rather surprised that we got all 3 points. While we surely have strengthened our defense yy concern is still our final third play. 

Like I said from the highlights it looked we're improving so yes it surely can bring back some confidence. One win can do loads of things & that is a fact, if u have doubts please watch Arsenal Fan TV :) 

48 minutes ago, DDA said:

It did improve and I'm sure it was the collapse of our free flowing attacking prowess that was a result of Frank tightening things up at the back. We were frightening when going forward under Frank at first but he couldn't find the balance of defence and attack... hopefully Tuchel will... so far he hasn't but last night showed early signs off there being a real balance. Lots of room for improvement though.

Did Lampard really tighten things in defence? He only did it for Sevilla and United after the Southampton debacle. 

The biggest difference between Lampard and Tuchel has been the tactical acumen the latter has brought to the team (the lack of tactical acumen was arguably the biggest problem with Lampard). We looked okay under Lampard until we started playing a bunch of top half teams in December. We just looked tactically clueless in pretty much every game and all the flaws with our team shape on and off the ball etc were horribly exposed. Tuchel came in, chose a formation and has given us a tactical organization, a solid foundation not seen since the days of Conte. We now know when/where/how to attack, to defend, to press and counter press, individually and collectively. Obviously, there's still room for improvement but at the very least, we don't look like headless chickens any more the minute we come up against a half decent side and the record so far speaks for itself - we've won 2 of the 3 games against the current top half teams under Tuchel compared to just 1 win out of 9 under Lampard this season. 

4 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Spot fucking on, they have ruined the game.

The officials really had a fucking tragic night with the handball/offside rule. There was also the stupid goal ruled out for Fulham against Spurs. 

By disallowing Werner's goal last night, the officials are indirectly saying players can score with their hands. But then, you have the Fulham goal ruled out for handball and it wasn't on purpose at all!

19 minutes ago, Patrick Bamford said:

Evr9Wg4WQAAOf4g?format=jpg&name=medium

Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

@Magic Lamps and I mentioned this during the game. Easy chance for through ball to Werner but he passes on sideway to Chilwell. 

This is why he has zero through balls this season and zero open play assists in the league. Definitely something he has to improve massively in his game.

But he scored winner hard to be harsh on him now! 😄

1 minute ago, NikkiCFC said:

@Magic Lamps and I mentioned this during the game. Easy chance for through ball to Werner but he passes on sideway to Chilwell. 

This is why he has zero through balls this season and zero open play assists in the league. Definitely something he has to improve massively in his game.

But he scored winner hard to be harsh on him now! 😄

How long before you turn on him again?