• Kante
    • Mount
    • Ziyech
    • Werner
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Havertz (sub)

29 minutes ago, Fernando said:

It was a good away game, like a European night away game. 

This actually gives me at least some confidence for the Champions League and FA Cup. In those one off / knock out games.

53 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Owen saying that Mane dont win (dive) penalties anymore because he does not want Salah to score them 😂

I been saying the exact same thing for time. The same thing happened against Sheffield United too. Mane deliberately stayed on his feet which was odd and a penalty was not given. Sometimes having two players trying to outscore each other can work against you. There have been several occasions where both have avoided passing to each other and gone for personal glory.

5 hours ago, Jason said:

The officials really had a fucking tragic night with the handball/offside rule. There was also the stupid goal ruled out for Fulham against Spurs. 

By disallowing Werner's goal last night, the officials are indirectly saying players can score with their hands. But then, you have the Fulham goal ruled out for handball and it wasn't on purpose at all!

Its BS Jason, the attacker gets zero benifit and yet people have the nerve to say we want goals....

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

Owen saying that Mane dont win (dive) penalties anymore because he does not want Salah to score them 😂

Michael fucking Owen......garbage ass pundit

28 minutes ago, Stats said:

I been saying the exact same thing for time. The same thing happened against Sheffield United too. Mane deliberately stayed on his feet which was odd and a penalty was not given. Sometimes having two players trying to outscore each other can work against you. There have been several occasions where both have avoided passing to each other and gone for personal glory.

If I was the manager I would not stand for it

2 hours ago, Strike said:

Two minute silence for those who thought Alonso will be a regular under Tuchel.

Sorry to burst your bubble but Alonso will be back as soon as we do not play against a team with no quick forward players or a team that we should dominate possession. In my opinion, that probably means he'll be back Monday. 

1 hour ago, Stats said:

Is this really a thing?? i had no idea...

4 minutes ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

Is this really a thing?? i had no idea...

I remember last year Mane pulled up holding his hammy and then sat down for medical after hitting Salah on a break away. The game announcer said Mane sat down because he knew Salah was never going to pass the ball back. 🤣

One thing i noticed a few times last night was Liverpool player's gearing up to hit one from range but decided against it. Salah at one point was in an identical position to where he scored THAT goal.

That is one of the under the radar differences having Mendy in makes, Kepa in goal they hit them and atleast one probably goes in.

Biggest difference for me was both Jorginho and Kante making space for themselves to receive a pass from the back line.  Small but very crucial patterns of play implemented since Tuchel arrived. we were all worried that this wouldn't work under Liverpool's press, but we managed to get by even without Kovacic. 

This was virtually non existent under Lampard. 

2 hours ago, King Kante said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but Alonso will be back as soon as we do not play against a team with no quick forward players or a team that we should dominate possession. In my opinion, that probably means he'll be back Monday. 

I think the team balance and attacks down the left side are much better with Chilwell in the side. Alonso can be used for specific games - horses for courses and all that. But Chilwell needs to be the regular left back - He is our long-term option on the left side too

7 minutes ago, Strike said:

I think the team balance and attacks down the left side are much better with Chilwell in the side. Alonso can be used for specific games - horses for courses and all that. But Chilwell needs to be the regular left back - He is our long-term option on the left side too

I think it was just a matter of him finding his way with playing wingback. We are a better team if we can be selective about rotating the two, but I agree that Chilly is the future.

12 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

@Jason Must of been a breath of fresh air for you seeing Jorginho finally playing lobbed passes to Werner. 

It was just one pass and then it was ruined by a stupid offside call! 😭🤬

43 minutes ago, Strike said:

All the stick Chilwell got from this game and these were the noteworthy stats of his performance yesterday...

7 progressive passes - Joint 1st
3 passes into final third - Joint 1st
5 shot-creating actions - Joint 1st
2 key-passes - Joint 2nd
3 progressive passes received - 3rd
8 loose-ball recoveries - 3rd

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

All the stick Chilwell got from this game and these were the noteworthy stats of his performance yesterday...

7 progressive passes - Joint 1st
3 passes into final third - Joint 1st
5 shot-creating actions - Joint 1st
2 key-passes - Joint 2nd
3 progressive passes received - 3rd
8 loose-ball recoveries - 3rd

Not bad from a Lampard buy. 

Lampard as a coach was not good, but I would take him back at the club in dealing with transfer.