Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Liverpool 0-1 Chelsea


Jas
 Share
Followers 0

Man of the Match  

28 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

    • Mendy
      0
    • James
      0
    • Azpilicueta
      0
    • Christensen
      10
    • Rudiger
      2
    • Chilwell
      0
    • Jorginho
      0
    • Kante
      0
    • Mount
      16
    • Ziyech
      0
    • Werner
      0
    • Pulisic (sub)
      0
    • Kovacic (sub)
      0
    • Havertz (sub)
      0


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Patrick Bamford said:

Evq0hPrWQAE9maS?format=jpg&name=large

Mount needs to drop that stupid dance celebration he did just before the moment above. It's so cringey! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Klippety has lost the plot -just said we 'had one chance and scored, but Liverpool had loads of chances'. Oh dear

what a goal. best of his Chelsea career maybe.

You are probably the most monothematic member on here. We got it, you don't like Lampard. Time to move on.

A lot of people were concerned when they saw Jorginho in the lineup, especially against Liverpool's press but he was magnificent. Controlled the game. Christensen and Mount brilliant once again too. Christensen and Jorginho were written off by a lot fans throughout the season, especially Christensen. He was suuperb and did not have Thiago Silva alongside him. We did not give them a sniff and was also brilliant. Delighted and bar Man City, we have played all the 'major teams' away from home now which is a bonus.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Jason said:

Mount needs to drop that stupid dance celebration he did just before the moment above. It's so cringey! 

You mean this? 

EvqyNRBXUAU5d-p?format=jpg&name=large

At least it isn't on the same Lingard cringe level

xRz7zf.gif

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Mount was fantastic but for me Christensen was top class and gets my MoTM. Rudiger was pretty damn good too. It's amazing how well those two are playing after their antics last season. Just goes to show, you think a player is poor and there may be no way back for them but under a different manager you can see their true qualities. 

Edited by DDA
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, DDA said:

Mount was fantastic but for me Christensen was top class and gets my MoTM. Rudiger was pretty damn good too. It's amazing how well those two are playing after their antics last season. Just goes to show, you think a player is poor and there may be no way back for them but under a different manager you can see their true qualities. 

Even under Lampard pre collapse the defense improved immeasurably.

They weren't ever that big a problem, Kepa and Willy were.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So furious about the Werner offside. The commentators also called it onside at first look.

A goal like that against big opposition would have done wonders for his confidence.

VAR rears its ugly head again. And this time the pitch referee couldn't do anything about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest, wasnt expecting a win I was sure it would be a draw but wow! good to be proved wrong. Saw the highlights and it seems that we're improving in the final 3rd. It seems everyone was superb yesterday, I hope we continue with this momentum. Go Blues!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

To be honest, wasnt expecting a win I was sure it would be a draw but wow! good to be proved wrong. Saw the highlights and it seems that we're improving in the final 3rd. It seems everyone was superb yesterday, I hope we continue with this momentum. Go Blues!!!

It's kinda funny how a goal or a win can make the difference here. After that 0-0 draw with United at the weekend, people were feeling pessimistic going into this. But because we scored that 1 goal, because we got the win, everyone's feeling confident again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Patrick Bamford said:

You mean this? 

EvqyNRBXUAU5d-p?format=jpg&name=large

At least it isn't on the same Lingard cringe level

xRz7zf.gif

 

Still...the goal should probably be disallowed for that shit celebration! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tomo said:

Even under Lampard pre collapse the defense improved immeasurably.

They weren't ever that big a problem, Kepa and Willy were.

It did improve and I'm sure it was the collapse of our free flowing attacking prowess that was a result of Frank tightening things up at the back. We were frightening when going forward under Frank at first but he couldn't find the balance of defence and attack... hopefully Tuchel will... so far he hasn't but last night showed early signs off there being a real balance. Lots of room for improvement though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's kinda funny how a goal or a win can make the difference here. After that 0-0 draw with United at the weekend, people were feeling pessimistic going into this. But because we scored that 1 goal, because we got the win, everyone's feeling confident again.

Honestly I'm still not sold on Tuchel, just glad or rather surprised that we got all 3 points. While we surely have strengthened our defense yy concern is still our final third play. 

Like I said from the highlights it looked we're improving so yes it surely can bring back some confidence. One win can do loads of things & that is a fact, if u have doubts please watch Arsenal Fan TV :) 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, DDA said:

It did improve and I'm sure it was the collapse of our free flowing attacking prowess that was a result of Frank tightening things up at the back. We were frightening when going forward under Frank at first but he couldn't find the balance of defence and attack... hopefully Tuchel will... so far he hasn't but last night showed early signs off there being a real balance. Lots of room for improvement though.

Did Lampard really tighten things in defence? He only did it for Sevilla and United after the Southampton debacle. 

The biggest difference between Lampard and Tuchel has been the tactical acumen the latter has brought to the team (the lack of tactical acumen was arguably the biggest problem with Lampard). We looked okay under Lampard until we started playing a bunch of top half teams in December. We just looked tactically clueless in pretty much every game and all the flaws with our team shape on and off the ball etc were horribly exposed. Tuchel came in, chose a formation and has given us a tactical organization, a solid foundation not seen since the days of Conte. We now know when/where/how to attack, to defend, to press and counter press, individually and collectively. Obviously, there's still room for improvement but at the very least, we don't look like headless chickens any more the minute we come up against a half decent side and the record so far speaks for itself - we've won 2 of the 3 games against the current top half teams under Tuchel compared to just 1 win out of 9 under Lampard this season. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Spot fucking on, they have ruined the game.

The officials really had a fucking tragic night with the handball/offside rule. There was also the stupid goal ruled out for Fulham against Spurs. 

By disallowing Werner's goal last night, the officials are indirectly saying players can score with their hands. But then, you have the Fulham goal ruled out for handball and it wasn't on purpose at all!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Two minute silence for those who thought Alonso will be a regular under Tuchel.

  • Like 1
  • Smile 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Patrick Bamford said:

Evr9Wg4WQAAOf4g?format=jpg&name=medium

Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

 

@Magic Lamps and I mentioned this during the game. Easy chance for through ball to Werner but he passes on sideway to Chilwell. 

This is why he has zero through balls this season and zero open play assists in the league. Definitely something he has to improve massively in his game.

But he scored winner hard to be harsh on him now! 😄

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NikkiCFC said:

@Magic Lamps and I mentioned this during the game. Easy chance for through ball to Werner but he passes on sideway to Chilwell. 

This is why he has zero through balls this season and zero open play assists in the league. Definitely something he has to improve massively in his game.

But he scored winner hard to be harsh on him now! 😄

How long before you turn on him again?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jason said:

How long before you turn on him again?

3 or 4 games without doing anything in the final 3rd that leads to goal. So in 2 weeks? 😆

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jas changed the title to Liverpool 0-1 Chelsea
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...