Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Liverpool 0-1 Chelsea


Jas
 Share
Followers 0

Man of the Match  

28 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

    • Mendy
      0
    • James
      0
    • Azpilicueta
      0
    • Christensen
      10
    • Rudiger
      2
    • Chilwell
      0
    • Jorginho
      0
    • Kante
      0
    • Mount
      16
    • Ziyech
      0
    • Werner
      0
    • Pulisic (sub)
      0
    • Kovacic (sub)
      0
    • Havertz (sub)
      0


Recommended Posts

Ashley Cole saying Tuchel has the foundations from Franks spell including players and then the style... man oh man.... players right, style though completely wrong. Suppose they’re never going to fully give Tuchel credit for anything this season. 

Excellent performances from Jorginho, Kante, Christensen and Azpilicueta. 

Much more half chances/chances created tonight. Goals need to come more but huge signs of improvement.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Klippety has lost the plot -just said we 'had one chance and scored, but Liverpool had loads of chances'. Oh dear

what a goal. best of his Chelsea career maybe.

You are probably the most monothematic member on here. We got it, you don't like Lampard. Time to move on.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

I'll bite...again. Are people just gonna criticize Werner when he doesn't score just because of all those misses he's had? 

The stupid offside goal aside, the only 2 chances he had was the early one, which had an awkward bounce and made it not-an-easy chance to score and the other in the second half that was saved decently by Alisson. If we look at the incidents individually, those weren't bad at all as even the best strikers have those. But I suppose because of his misses this season, every chance - even hard one - not converted gets magnified more than necessary at times.

None of his misses were clear chances or shocking today like we've seen in the past.

Overall I was impressed with Werner but we signed him to lead the line and convert some of these opportunities that aren't so easy. It's probably unfair but that's what we really need from him in the future to keep getting results. The whole attack needs to be better too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

yes, HUGE game, Everton

massive

and against King Carlo

A year to the day on from that 4-0 aswell.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Ashley Cole saying Tuchel has the foundations from Franks spell including players and then the style... man oh man.... players right, style though completely wrong. Suppose they’re never going to fully give Tuchel credit for anything this season. 

Excellent performances from Jorginho, Kante, Christensen and Azpilicueta. 

Much more half chances/chances created tonight. Goals need to come more but huge signs of improvement.

Well, Sky put Lampard's cousin and mate to analyze his successor. What do you expect? 🤣

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

When Tottenham were on their good run and looking strong, someone got worried and posted to say things were getting scary and that they might actually win it. I replied that there was nothing to worry about because Liverpool were going to win the league. Well, Liverpool have hardly won a game since and I'm taking the credit of course. I clearly jinxed them. :)

Never since 2012 have I been so happy to be so spectacularly wrong.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Jason said:

1. Bloody huge win! Not decisive but hopefully it will give us confidence for the coming games. 

2. Watching us under Tuchel right now really reminds of Mourinho's first season back in 2004. Score very few goals and just grind out narrow 1-0 or even 2-0 wins. Great we're getting the wins but so stressful!

3. Jorginho was surprisingly good enough. What a shocker!

4. Still very annoyed with that stupid offside for Werner's goal!

Mourinho had Eto and Eden. Antonio had Diego and Eden. Right now there is no such talent upfront. There was the younger Willian also.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jason said:

Well, Sky put Lampard's cousin and mate to analyze his successor. What do you expect? 🤣

Yep.

I am curious what our points total would be if we had someone like Tuchel in earlier or from day 1 of this season.

Unrealistic obviously as the circumstances around his appointment was us replacing another manager but someone with clear ideas and a proper way of playing, based on what we’ve seen so far, we would probably be like at least 7-10 points better off I reckon. 

I know this season isn’t done and dont want to focus on too far ahead but a few players in and a strong finish in these 11 games, next season could be very interesting.

I like what I am seeing from us with Tuchel though. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Yep.

I am curious what our points total would be if we had someone like Tuchel in earlier or from day 1 of this season.

Unrealistic obviously as the circumstances around his appointment was us replacing another manager but someone with clear ideas and a proper way of playing, based on what we’ve seen so far, we would probably be like at least 7-10 points better off I reckon. 

I know this season isn’t done and dont want to focus on too far ahead but a few players in and a strong finish in these 11 games, next season could be very interesting.

I like what I am seeing from us with Tuchel though. 

within 5 points of Citeh

that is a pretty educated guess going through all the 27 games

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Klippety has lost the plot -just said we 'had one chance and scored, but Liverpool had loads of chances'. Oh dear

He must not like Tuchel very much maybe 😆 yes we only got one goal and he talks about the little details but in general play, if they played like that the amount of raving from folk about them would be insane.

That was a top performance from us for the best part of 70-75 minutes as there was moments we “suffered” as Tuchel put it, which at Anfield against Liverpool you would expect to do at some point.

I would say the manner in which we played, is what the absolute top teams must do in big games, just unfortunately we only scored one goal. Not every top team can do what City do and score the 4 goals v Tottenham, Liverpool and whoever else or whatever. But the aspects of the performance was everything you want in a top performance outside of maybe not scoring more than one.

Edited by OneMoSalah
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Blues11 said:

None of his misses were clear chances or shocking today like we've seen in the past.

Overall I was impressed with Werner but we signed him to lead the line and convert some of these opportunities that aren't so easy. It's probably unfair but that's what we really need from him in the future to keep getting results. The whole attack needs to be better too. 

Oh, for sure. All I'll say now is, Werner is just fucking cursed! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jason said:

Oh, for sure. All I'll say now is, Werner is just fucking cursed! 

Next season! 

I remember Suarez going through a spell where nothing went in. Then all of a sudden- he couldn't stop scoring.

This is what I think will happen to Timo. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Jason said:

 

2. Watching us under Tuchel right now really reminds of Mourinho's first season back in 2004. Score very few goals and just grind out narrow 1-0 or even 2-0 wins.

we scored 72 league goals that season, hardly a shit total

only Arse scored more, and no other teams were remotely close to us

our GD was insane

+57

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jason said:

09b63c0732639ae7526d793b7addcbfb.gif

it was obvious on the first replay already. same as when we had 2 "offsides" vs Arsenal in the Fa Cup final last season and for the giroud goal vs utd. they use whatever angle they see fit. interesting that usually they use an angle that is parallel to the touchline while for our games they use some weird perpendicular one.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blues11 said:

Defensively he was good , he made a lot of effort making runs down the flank and giving players an outlet. 

His final ball was frustrating though, even when given space he tends to just not look up and throw in a cross that's 10 yards away from any Chelsea player. 

Chilwell will play against teams with pace and Alonso will when teams do not or we are going to dominate possession. 

Chilwell is going to have to improve quite a lot in the opposition half to take Alonso's place back. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Yep.

I am curious what our points total would be if we had someone like Tuchel in earlier or from day 1 of this season.

Unrealistic obviously as the circumstances around his appointment was us replacing another manager but someone with clear ideas and a proper way of playing, based on what we’ve seen so far, we would probably be like at least 7-10 points better off I reckon. 

I know this season isn’t done and dont want to focus on too far ahead but a few players in and a strong finish in these 11 games, next season could be very interesting.

I like what I am seeing from us with Tuchel though. 

At the risk of jinxing it, ever since Tuchel took over, we're second best team in the league - behind only Man City (what a shocker!) - and have the best defence, although we are also one of the lowest goalscorers since then. 8 sides have scored more than us since Tuchel came in. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Patrick Bamford said:

Evq0hPrWQAE9maS?format=jpg&name=large

Rudigers thinking, 'that's gay lads'

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jas changed the title to Liverpool 0-1 Chelsea
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...