• Jorginho
    • Kante
    • Mount
    • Ziyech
    • Werner
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Havertz (sub)

I for one am absolutely delighted with our incredible defensive solidity and positional discipline. We are terrible to watch but we are even worse to play against. I really do not care that much any more as long as we are getting results. If Tuchel is given time I can imagine us becomeing more prolific. But it is clear his focus is on securing top four with a solid defence rn. Do not expect him to deviate much from back 5 until summer.

Mason is becoming an absolute talisman. He has his deficiencies but so many qualities as well it is really hard to see how anyone keeps him out of the team with this consistency. There are more talented and more technical or creative players out there but he grabbed that chance Lampard gave him with both ends and other than the majority of all the academy player many of which more talented he delivered more often than not.

6 minutes ago, Hutcho said:

And here is the reason why this place is a joke 😂

If we didn't have the "pe teacher" the match winner and best player of the pitch would be currently on loan somewhere. Bore off and support city or something. 

And Christensen would be off. No I won‘t support City, last time I checked Lampard fucked off to City 

1 minute ago, Blues11 said:

Have you been watching how Rudinger, Azpi, and Christensen have been playing? Jorginho, Kova, and Mount all playing better under TT. A lot of these players were deemed as useless when Frank was in charge, TT is putting them in positions to succeed.

Yes, the finishing is still an issue but we're getting results  including a win at Anfield. You act like that's an easy feat...

Hmm I never saw those players as written off 🤔 we need a big squad with all the games this season.

I agree TT has sorted the defence properly. 

My only worry is 1-0 and lack of finishing 😭 but we beat the Dippers. I'm delighted 👍👍👍

Just now, Muzchap said:

Yeah I can't take 1-0 leads.

Honestly- we always get 1-0 and then we end up with a stupid draw.

It's been like this for the past 8 years and it kills me. 

Yes TT has transformed the defence- I cannot praise him enough.

If he can get us to score 2 goals or more whilst doing that. I will eat my hat and apologise that I have seriously misjudged him 👍

1 nils are a grinder mentally, but I love defence above all else

that 2004/2005 15 goals conceded side under Mou is my all time favourite, and I was really young that season (1 and 12yo) so it imprinted on my mind

2 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I for one am absolutely delighted with our incredible defensive solidity and positional discipline. We are terrible to watch but we are even worse to play against. I really do not care that much any more as long as we are getting results. If Tuchel is given time I can imagine us becomeing more prolific. But it is clear his focus is on securing top four with a solid defence rn. Do not expect him to deviate much from back 5 until summer.

Mason is becoming an absolute talisman. He has his deficiencies but so many qualities as well it is really hard to see how anyone keeps him out of the team with this consistency. There are more talented and more technical or creative players out there but he grabbed that chance Lampard gave him with both ends and other than the majority of all the academy player many of which more talented he delivered more often than not.

Yup, can hold my hands up and say TT HAS SORTED THE DEFENCE and made us hard to beat.

Good analysis 👍

Just now, Vesper said:

1 nils are a grinder mentally, but I love defence above all else

that 2004/2005 15 goals conceded side under Mou is my all time favourite, and I was really young that season (1 and 12yo) so it imprinted on my mind

Yeah and that season ruined it for 1-0 - under Mou I never worried about concededing. It was genuinely game won when we took the lead.

Post that era - I have suffered multiple heartattacks and aged 50 years. Never has a clock run so slowly.

Not got much time to write a lengthy post but I just want to say how pleased I am with AC. I have held a candle for him, nearly by myself, and so glad he is now starting to look like the player he looked like he could be. Still a lot more work to do, but he has been excellent since coming in for Silva. 

As for the game, super important win. Now lets push on for the rest of the season. 

KTBFFH

Edited by King Kante

1 minute ago, Muzchap said:

Yeah and that season ruined it for 1-0 - under Mou I never worried about concededing. It was genuinely game won when we took the lead.

Post that era - I have suffered multiple heartattacks and aged 50 years. Never has a clock run so slowly.

the system is producing a lot of chances and we have great talent, eventually the goals will come, I have faith

2 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

Hmm I never saw those players as written off 🤔 we need a big squad with all the games this season.

I agree TT has sorted the defence properly. 

My only worry is 1-0 and lack of finishing 😭 but we beat the Dippers. I'm delighted 👍👍👍

Definitely need to get better up top. I thought Werner was promising leading the front line there with his pace and effort, unlucky on the offsides call but had other chances he squandered. 

2 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Not got much time to write a lengthy post but I just want to say how pleased I am with AC. I have held a candle for him, nearly by myself, and so glad he is now starting to look like the player he looked like he could be. Still a lot more work to do, but he has been excellent since coming in for Silva. 

As for the game, super important win. Now lets push on for the rest of the season. 

KTBFFH

Yeah - him and Stones look like different players - long may it continue.

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

the system is producing a lot of chances and we have great talent, eventually the goals will come, I have faith

Yeah it's either Score a few and concede a few or hardly score and hardly concede.

Realistically, we are still in for 2nd place- which is unbelievable compared to 8 weeks ago.

1. Bloody huge win! Not decisive but hopefully it will give us confidence for the coming games. 

2. Watching us under Tuchel right now really reminds of Mourinho's first season back in 2004. Score very few goals and just grind out narrow 1-0 or even 2-0 wins. Great we're getting the wins but so stressful!

3. Jorginho was surprisingly good enough. What a shocker!

4. Still very annoyed with that stupid offside for Werner's goal!

Just now, Vesper said:

Chilwell looked really lively as well

His decision making is weird. Think it's a confidence thing. He looked so much better early in the season. Let's hope he finds some form. 

Him and James have immense crossing abilities - if they can get it together and be consistent - we could have a killer attack force. As defenders will move out to close them down, will leave more space for Werner/Giroud/Tammy and Mount/Kova from midfield