• Kovacic
    • Mount
    • Ziyech
    • Giroud
    • James (sub)
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Werner (sub)

4 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

I think Ole's decision to play Bruno in the Thursday fixture might have backfired. He looked lethargic. 

He always look like that in big games. In 7 big games this season UTD scored just once (from penalty).

9 minutes ago, Patrick Bamford said:

5 defenders, no striker. We play against a shitty ManUtd like it's prime Barcelona.

What the fuck is this bullshit? 

Would you rahther we go all for it and get sucker punched and lose while udt go 9pts clear? We need every pts we can have, we still had enough chances to score at least 1.

3 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

whenever we have the chance to play foward with a quick vertical pass we chose to go the safe route and pass it square. really furstrating. Also Ziyech is maybe the most underwhelming of our signings. Kai gets a pass for now due to the heavy covid fatigue but Ziyech is 27, shoud be on the prime of his game but has let us down since november.

It looks that way but when there is no one upfront they have to make square passes.
But what I see happening many time is that players with a free run prefer to stall and play safety. Yet again if you are robbed -like Willian- it's dangerous.
The problem is that we don't have Eden to whiz around and drive the defenders crazy.

17 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Yeah I kinda get that but we must be patient, nothing will come to you in an instant all at the same time

Right, but it doesn’t leave much hope when Tuchel comes out saying he doesn’t like getting involved or being strict in our play in the final third as he is with the first 2/3 of the pitch. Clear as day these players need a massive guidance in decision making on the attacking end. It’s embarrassing. 

24 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Chilwell was alright i thought. Imagine how alonso would have been wrecked today. 

Wouldnt say he did anything of note to cement his role in the team. People have been clambering for him to play under TT because of a dislike for Alonso (who ultimately has performed when played) but Ben really didn’t look much better than he did when he was in that poor run in the team under Frank last year. So I can see him dropping out. 

24 minutes ago, Jason said:

You want Alonso vs Salah and TAA? 🤣

Its based on the performance, you telling me that Chilwell played better than Alonso has in the run he has had under Tuchel? Or even looked much better than he did in that spell in the team under Frank today? If it wasnt Alonso you’d likely be agreeing - I didnt see anything that showed me today that he should be starting next week or that he really wanted to impress the manager. Or are you going to claim TT has a blindspot for Alonso if he starts him like you did when we said about him starting v Atletico 😂

Also another point unrelated, felt the back 3 were great and we really missed Jorginho. Kante did well to stop some counters and in some moments he did his thing getting the ball back but you could see he gave away some really easy balls in midfield. Particularly first half. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

A bit frustrating as we created the three pretty good chances but didn't take them - Giroud header, Ziyech shot, James ball in before the break away but didn't have anyone to finish them. A draw is not the worst result but this game was in a nutshell why we aren't a top team i.e. need to play 3atb to have any consistent shape and no strikers or AM's that are clinical enough to finish off chances. 

Player that I was most annoyed with today was Chilwell. All I have heard since Alonso has come back is how out of order it is that Chilwell has been dropped for the 'cockroach', 'Alonslow', 'the snail paced LWB' etc. Well today was his opportunity to shine and he pretty much did nothing other than be fast enough to cover. That boy should've been bombing forward, yet with the exception for one time (and even then he was forced into it) he always cut back onto his right and played a safe ball. He probably will play against the Dippers but I wouldn't be surprised to see him dropped again after that and only used against quick counter attacking sides. 

As for MotM, AC gets that which makes it two in a row for him. Good to see him playing well. 

5 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Right, but it doesn’t leave much hope when Tuchel comes out saying he doesn’t like getting involved or being strict in our play in the final third as he is with the first 2/3 of the pitch. Clear as day these players need a massive guidance in decision making on the attacking end. It’s embarrassing. 

So after defensive coach we now need offensive 😂

Bruno on his day is a good player, but his on-field antics are cringeworthy. Never won anything of note, but pretends to be some sort of big leader that led his teams to multiple trophies. Constantly winding other people up, shouting at the referee or managers, but gets away with it every time. 

As a singular result draw is ok. But on the back of a draw at southampton and before heading up to anfield it is quite daunting. 
our defenders look like the real deal under Tuchel. Rüdiger and AC look rejuvenated. But our attackers bar Mount look even worse than before. We create very few chances and are not exactly clinical at converting them. It is a recipe for stagnation. Coming from disaster to stagnation is a progress but not a very satisfying one. 

16 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Not being strict does not mean he gives no fucks about it though, yes we must be better in attack but im sure it will come.

10 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Its based on the performance, you telling me that Chilwell played better than Alonso has in the run he has had under Tuchel? Or even looked much better than he did in that spell in the team under Frank today? If it wasnt Alonso you’d likely be agreeing - I didnt see anything that showed me today that he should be starting next week or that he really wanted to impress the manager. Or are you going to claim TT has a blindspot for Alonso if he starts him like you did when we said about him starting v Atletico 😂

We can argue till the cows come home on this but I really don't see what Alonso does that is so WOW that he should be the undisputed starter. 

Let's not make as if I have anything against Alonso the person/player. If he had any pace, mobility, agility in him, I wouldn't be sitting here and arguing so much about this. We are the only top side around obsessed with such a slow FB/WB to begin with and would you have complained much at all had we sold Alonso in the summer or in January?