• Kante
    • Kovacic
    • Mount
    • Ziyech
    • Giroud
    • James (sub)
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Werner (sub)

Looking ahead of this game, I thought I would look at the betting markets for what WWE (WWF) finisher will Harry Maguire pull and not get penalised for. Here is the market for those that are interested: 

Rock Botton - 8/11 

DDT - 10/11

Leg Drop - Evens 

Sweet Chin Music - 2/1 

Peoples Elbow - 4/1 

RKO - 7/1 

Pedigree - 12/1 

Powerbomb - 20/1 

Stone Cold Stunner - 25/1

Tombstone - 33/1 

Million Dollar Dream - 40/1 

Cross Face Chicken Wing - 60/1 

Walls of Jericho- 80/1 

Swanton Bomb (from the top of the Shed) - 120/1 

Mendy

Azpi            Thiago           Christensen

CHO           Kante         Jorginho            Chilwell

Mount                                   Pulisic

Werner

Havertz and Ziyech looked very good when they came on. I'd like to see one of them start instead of Werner or Mount, because both desperately need a rest. I hope Chilwell starts as well, I can't trust Alonso just yet.

Christensen had a superb performance and showed me that he should start over Rudiger to be honest. I think he'd do well with Thiago Silva in a back three. 

This would be my line-up:

Goalkeeper: Mendy

Defence: Azpi-Christensen-Silva

Midfield: CHO-Kovacic-Kante-Chilwell

Attack: Havertz-Giroud-Pulisic

Edited by Azul

1 hour ago, Azul said:

Havertz and Ziyech looked very good when they came on. I'd like to see one of them start instead of Werner or Mount, because both desperately need a rest. I hope Chilwell starts as well, I can't trust Alonso just yet.

Christensen had a superb performance and showed me that he should start over Rudiger to be honest. I think he'd do well with Thiago Silva in a back three. 

This would be my line-up:

Goalkeeper: Mendy

Defence: Azpi-Christensen-Silva

Midfield: CHO-Kovacic-Kante-Chilwell

Attack: Havertz-Giroud-Pulisic

I would enjoy watching this lineup even though Kova and Kante seem to not work well together. Really think Pulisic could offer pretty much the same if not better than Timo on the left flank, just needs to stay healthy and play smarter. Havertz to start in Mount's position to see if he can produce anything. 

Mendy 

Dave AC Silva 

James Kova Jorgi Chilwell

Mount Puli

Werner 

This game will be difficult as not only will we be playing Utd but VAR as well. In my opinion, James and Chilwell need to play at WB as they look to counter and are really fast on the break so we cannot risk Alonso (even though I think he is the better WB) or CHO (who isn't a good enough defender) at WB. 

Upfront, I would go with pace as McForehead and Lindelof are a disaster against pace if you can get in behind them. There is some arguement to play Giroud to have his backboard abilities but I think we may see a fluid False 9 situation with Puli>Mount>Werner. CHO could potentially start instead of Puli but I think Puli may get the nod as he has slightly better feet in tight spaces. 

As for Mount he will 100% start as you need someone pressing effectively in the front 3rd as Penandez and Pogba drop deep in Utds system to set up their counters and I do not trust any of our other AM's to do this properly/to the level Mount does. 

At the back, AC should keep his place as he has been our best CB since Silva went out. However, I am not moving him away from the CCB role as he isn't comfortable in a left sided position. If Silva comes back play him LCB. After that the only question is whether you move Rudi to RCB or keep Dave there. 

Edited by King Kante

7 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Mendy 

Dave AC Silva 

James Kova Jorgi Chilwell

Mount Puli

Werner 

This game will be difficult as not only will we be playing Utd but VAR as well. In my opinion, James and Chilwell need to play at WB as they look to counter and are really fast on the break so we cannot risk Alonso (even though I think he is the better WB) or CHO (who isn't a good enough defender) at WB. 

Upfront, I would go with pace as McForehead and Lindelof are a disaster against pace if you can get in behind them. There is some arguement to play Giroud to have his backboard abilities but I think we may see a fluid False 9 situation with Puli>Mount>Werner. CHO could potentially start instead of Puli but I think Puli may get the nod as he has slightly better feet in tight spaces. 

As for Mount he will 100% start as you need someone pressing effectively in the front 3rd as Penandez and Pogba drop deep in Utds system to set up their counters and I do not trust any of our other AM's to do this properly/to the level Mount does. 

At the back, AC should keep his place as he has been our best CB since Silva went out. However, I am not moving him away from the CCB role as he isn't comfortable in a left sided position. If Silva comes back play him LCB. After that the only question is whether you move Rudi to RCB or keep Dave there. 

TBH, playing Werner upfront is useless as long as those behind him are incapable of finding his runs and play the early passes to him. They couldn't even do it against Southampton in the second half and there were so many moments to do so!

8 hours ago, Blues11 said:

I would enjoy watching this lineup even though Kova and Kante seem to not work well together. Really think Pulisic could offer pretty much the same if not better than Timo on the left flank, just needs to stay healthy and play smarter. Havertz to start in Mount's position to see if he can produce anything. 

Yeah Pulisic is better everywhere at the moment, his dribbling/finishing/movement is ahead of Werners currently. I really think he'd do much better in that position.

Ziyech or Havertz can start instead of Mount because the boy needs to rest at some point. 

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

TBH, playing Werner upfront is useless as long as those behind him are incapable of finding his runs and play the early passes to him. They couldn't even do it against Southampton in the second half and there were so many moments to do so!

I agree, but he does not help himself as well. Even though there are so many opportunities where Mount could pass to him, when he gets the pass he does not do anything with it. I remember when Ziyech gave him a great through ball but he kept on running in a straight line instead of running towards the box and scoring the goal. 

6 minutes ago, Azul said:

I agree, but he does not help himself as well. Even though there are so many opportunities where Mount could pass to him, when he gets the pass he does not do anything with it. I remember when Ziyech gave him a great through ball but he kept on running in a straight line instead of running towards the box and scoring the goal. 

Agree but that seems to be a big issue with everyone in the team - the end product, no consistency with that. 

When you talk about Mount passing to Werner, which game are you referring to? Because I don't remember Mount playing Werner in at all at Southampton. There was one yesterday and Werner did poorly with the final ball. Fair enough there.

If I'm getting the right situation about the Ziyech, he did get a shot away from a tight angle although I think he was looking for the support run from the other side and when he saw there was none, he took that shot. 

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

Agree but that seems to be a big issue with everyone in the team - the end product, no consistency with that. 

When you talk about Mount passing to Werner, which game are you referring to? Because I don't remember Mount playing Werner in at all at Southampton. There was one yesterday and Werner did poorly with the final ball. Fair enough there.

If I'm getting the right situation about the Ziyech, he did get a shot away from a tight angle although I think he was looking for the support run from the other side and when he saw there was none, he took that shot. 

You misunderstood me, I'm saying Mount misses a lot of opportunities to spot Werners runs. 

On the Ziyech through ball, rewatch the clip and you'll see that he should've run more diagonally to get a shot that isn't from a tight angle. I noticed that every shot Werner takes is from a tight angle because he's afraid to make a proper run towards the middle which is very frustrating.

Another thing I noticed is when he is one on one with a defender, he should try to cut inside instead of going out wide and crossing/shooting the ball with his left foot. All the top left wingers/strikers, cut inside and shoot the ball with their right foot. He always seems to go wide instead of cutting inside which is very annoying.

3 minutes ago, Azul said:

You misunderstood me, I'm saying Mount misses a lot of opportunities to spot Werners runs. 

Weren't you talking about Werner in the latter part of this?

35 minutes ago, Azul said:

Even though there are so many opportunities where Mount could pass to him, when he gets the pass he does not do anything with it.

5 minutes ago, Azul said:

Another thing I noticed is when he is one on one with a defender, he should try to cut inside instead of going out wide and crossing/shooting the ball with his left foot. All the top left wingers/strikers, cut inside and shoot the ball with their right foot. He always seems to go wide instead of cutting inside which is very annoying.

Am fine with him going down the byline and play a cross in etc (we saw the reward of it against Sheffield United and Newcastle for example) but otherwise yeah, I'd like to see him cut inside a bit more and have a shot or two at goal. Thought there were opportunities for him to do that against Newcastle but he didn't take them. All part of the attacking problems for Tuchel to solve! 

Every one on this forum is too logical for me 😀 We're are going to play one of the most important game of the season to reach the four top, just like a miracle regarding our december-january results and most of you want to rest our best player (Mount), by far, since several months and  get away our best impact player (Giroud) during the big games. Please, help me to understand ! You just want Tuchel to prepare next season by making play our young stars who struggle or you're just giving your teams for playing fifa ?

Edited by MONEYBALL

41 minutes ago, Jason said:

Weren't you talking about Werner in the latter part of this?

Am fine with him going down the byline and play a cross in etc (we saw the reward of it against Sheffield United and Newcastle for example) but otherwise yeah, I'd like to see him cut inside a bit more and have a shot or two at goal. Thought there were opportunities for him to do that against Newcastle but he didn't take them. All part of the attacking problems for Tuchel to solve! 

The latter part was about Werner and the first part was about Mount. That's where the confusion might come from.

He needs to cut inside way more, he's going wide too much. Tuchel is here to solve issues, but these things are also down to individual ability. I'd like to see Pulisic in Werner's position and see how he does. Werner has not shown that he should be a starter week in week out for me, we should expect much more from him.

Edited by Azul

10 minutes ago, Azul said:

He needs to cut inside way more, he's going wide too much. Tuchel is here to solve issues, but these things are also down to individual ability. I'd like to see Pulisic in Werner's position and see how he does. Werner has not shown that he should be a starter week in week out for me, we should expect much more from him.

Yes, it is down to individual's decision making but at the same time, you also need movement in the final third to create space to shoot. The last thing we want is for Werner - or anyone for that matter - to constantly cut inside, run into traffic and shoot into bodies. Pretty sure we have seen Ziyech done that a few times on the other side this season.