• Kante
    • Kovacic
    • Mount
    • Ziyech
    • Giroud
    • James (sub)
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Werner (sub)

Two points dropped. The defenders had a good game but I wouldn't give them too much credit. I think Tuchel could have shown more ambition here. Way too safe

Edited by Strike

I wonder why Abraham is left out.
He 's not Didier or Osgood or Pele but he's more than a decent centre forward compared to what we had the last six years (except perhaps Diego).
Havertz and Werner were supposed to leave him out but Havertz is not playing and Werner came in as a substitute the last fifteen minutes.

1 minute ago, NikkiCFC said:

I've been saying. Last two games before this. Penalty and Giroud wonder strike. It is the same. We are dreadful in attack. Back on earth from what? Draw with Southampton? 

Based on last 4 games there yes! 😂

Just like against Arsenal or Saints, right?

2 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

He 's not Didier or Osgood or Pele but he's more than a decent centre forward compared to what we had the last six years (except perhaps Diego).
Havertz and Werner were supposed to leave him out but Havertz is not playing and Werner came in as a substitute the last fifteen minutes.

word is Tammy was injured. All three of our strikers are not exactly an ideal solution right now.

2 minutes ago, Milan said:

Last season against United 0-4 and 0-2. This season 0-0 and 0-0.

We have not scored a single League goal against them in the last 2 seasons.

Our last League win against them was 2017..depressing 

Edited by Laylabelle

1 minute ago, Milan said:

Last season against United 0-4 and 0-2. This season 0-0 and 0-0.

We have not scored a single League goal against them in the last 2 seasons.

United are better than Atletico but nothing special really.
The really good PL teams we faced this year were City and L'pool when we met them, but L'pool has become disaster area now.

whenever we have the chance to play foward with a quick vertical pass we chose to go the safe route and pass it square. really furstrating. Also Ziyech is maybe the most underwhelming of our signings. Kai gets a pass for now due to the heavy covid fatigue but Ziyech is 27, shoud be on the prime of his game but has let us down since november.

5 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Kante and Kovacic were stellar.., and for that matter even United's CM's were very good at shielding their defense.

Mount and Ziyech were forced to run ragged just to make their way to the final third. I think they did better than their counterparts in Bruno and Rashford., but still not enough to make a telling contribution. 

I think Ole's decision to play Bruno in the Thursday fixture might have backfired. He looked lethargic. Mount on the other hand was full of energy even up to the 90th minute.

I think it was a good idea to trade Giroud for Pulisic to give Lindelof and Maguire trouble, but Pulisic hasn't been Pulisic for nearly a year now. That last shot he took and skied, after he wriggled past the defense was telling of his current form.

In retrospect, draw isn't the worst, but we very much needed a win. I was less worried about this fixture, than the next one at Anfield. Only saving grace was Arsenal doing us favor and knocking out Leicester earlier today.

4 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Tuchel just said thats not true in the post match. Said he has to make hard decisions and Tammy didnt make it.

Anything to do with contract situation? I think Tammy is out the door this summer