Erling Haaland

NikkiCFC

2 minutes ago, Jas said:

Even if that story was true, I doubt the club even offered that amount of cash to start with.

that was based off the €175m price that so many claim is what they want

I cannot please everyone (I still say they would take €150m cash)

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

that was based off the €175m price that so many claim is what they want

I cannot please everyone (I still say they would take €150m cash)

I meant valuing the player for XXX amount and then offer the remaining in cash. I mean, if the club could say 100 million immediately, I highly doubt the remaining 50 million is a problem. Am sure the club would try to get Dortmund to lower their price. 

8 minutes ago, Jas said:

I meant valuing the player for XXX amount and then offer the remaining in cash. I mean, if the club could say 100 million immediately, I highly doubt the remaining 50 million is a problem. Am sure the club would try to get Dortmund to lower their price. 

well, all you need to do then

if you take my figure of €150m

is reduce the cash on all my posts above by £21m

simple maths

Edited by Vesper

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Won’t believe we’ve made an offer at all until someone reliable reports it. Ornstein or Law.

+1 or even Romano, Fjortoft. Ignoring all of Sky's reporting on this - pretty clear after the way they were discussing the Sancho story last year they haven't got a source at Dortmund. 

54 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Won’t believe we’ve made an offer at all until someone reliable reports it. Ornstein or Law.

46 minutes ago, Strike said:

+1 or even Romano, Fjortoft. Ignoring all of Sky's reporting on this - pretty clear after the way they were discussing the Sancho story last year they haven't got a source at Dortmund. 

Well, here's your Romano update aka non-update...

Honeslty don’t know what we’re waiting for. The season starts in almost exactly 1 month, right? It’s pretty much common knowledge now that they’ll sell for the right money. We know how beneficial it would be to have him in for a whole preseason. So what’s the hold up? 

Like @Jas has been saying, perhaps we have to sell a bunch of players to fund the move. But how could that be when we’ve just received mega payouts for winning the CL and finishing top 4? Surely we’re more flush with cash than ever before?

Regardless, the longer this goes on the higher the likelihood some other big club wakes up and makes an offer. City, Real Madrid, someone…

Feels like we have to move soon or miss out…

15 minutes ago, Jas said:

Sky are backtracking now. 🤣

Hopping off the Sky bandwagon. They are going to milk this for what its worth -  do a whole 'Will he, wont he' when there is no bid/ no movement happening

If Haaland stays, the race will be open to many clubs next summer -  €75m release clause.

This is now or never for Chelsea. If we are to sign him, it will have to be this summer. Next summer there will be huge, huge competition. This is up to board. But seeing our youth being sold here and there makes you wonder.

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Honeslty don’t know what we’re waiting for. The season starts in almost exactly 1 month, right? It’s pretty much common knowledge now that they’ll sell for the right money. We know how beneficial it would be to have him in for a whole preseason. So what’s the hold up? 

Like @Jas has been saying, perhaps we have to sell a bunch of players to fund the move. But how could that be when we’ve just received mega payouts for winning the CL and finishing top 4? Surely we’re more flush with cash than ever before?

Why do people seemingly assume that just because we won the Champions League and we finished in the Top 4, we have all that money to spend on transfers? I mean, it's not news that the club still have other costs to bear and just like any other club, we are also impacted financially due to the pandemic. On top of that, think the club also want to strengthen other areas and hence come the conundrum - do we bomb what essentially would be our entire transfer budget on one player (transfer fee + agent fees + wages etc) or do we spend that money on a few players instead in those other areas etc? The club's interest on Haaland is not a secret at this point but think it has also been partly overplayed, overdramatized (whatever the right word is) by the media. The media, the journalists seem to think Roman has a bottomless pit of money going by some of the reports. 

9 minutes ago, Jas said:

Why do people seemingly assume that just because we won the Champions League and we finished in the Top 4, we have all that money to spend on transfers? I mean, it's not news that the club still have other costs to bear and just like any other club, we are also impacted financially due to the pandemic. On top of that, think the club also want to strengthen other areas and hence come the conundrum - do we bomb what essentially would be our entire transfer budget on one player (transfer fee + agent fees + wages etc) or do we spend that money on a few players instead in those other areas etc? The club's interest on Haaland is not a secret at this point but think it has also been partly overplayed, overdramatized (whatever the right word is) by the media. The media, the journalists seem to think Roman has a bottomless pit of money going by some of the reports. 

Enough with your sense and realism. Bomb it all on Haaland. 👍🏼

3 hours ago, Milan said:

If Haaland stays, the race will be open to many clubs next summer -  €75m release clause.

This is now or never for Chelsea. If we are to sign him, it will have to be this summer. Next summer there will be huge, huge competition. This is up to board. But seeing our youth being sold here and there makes you wonder.

this is obvious for everyone except for our board it looks like.

6 minutes ago, Jas said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57853877

According to BBC, Guardiola has been monitoring the Haaland situation and Dortmund are gonna dig their heels in by rejecting any offers for Haaland, especially after already losing Sancho this summer. 

Smart business. Let the far less important player go for big bucks and keep the difference maker, who will not lose any value anytime soon.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You