Erling Haaland

NikkiCFC

25 minutes ago, Mana said:

We better have a plan B if this all fails.

Because another season like the past two seasons (which is likely unless Werner and Havertz do a major U turn) would put us out of the top 4, let alone trying to catch up with top 3. Arsenal just had their worst season ever, yet they only finished 6 points behind us. Let that sink in.

Every single forward that we have is simply not good enough at the moment.

As @Tomo said before, it's almost comical that people are rather closed minded when it comes to expecting/seeing our players improving. This is a young team with room for improvement, not an ageing team. Why do people always seem more positive when it comes to other teams rather than ours? 

And it's always Arsenal with you, isn't it? 🙄

35 minutes ago, Mana said:

We better have a plan B if this all fails.

Because another season like the past two seasons (which is likely unless Werner and Havertz do a major U turn) would put us out of the top 4, let alone trying to catch up with top 3. Arsenal just had their worst season ever, yet they only finished 6 points behind us. Let that sink in.

Every single forward that we have is simply not good enough at the moment.

Funny thing is I remember at the end of Mourinho and Conte's title winning season's when we were playing poorly but getting results due to Hazard coming clutch you were at pains to tell us all that our luck would eventually run out and ofcourse you were right.

So why (in your opinion) can't that work in reverse?

12 minutes ago, Mana said:

Well so far, I've seen little improvement. Two seasons ago I thought Pulisic finally turned a corner, but he got injured and he has been back to his poor-self. Same can be said for CHO.

Only RJ I've seen improvement but based on what I've seen to the two previous mentioned players, let's see if he can hold on to his form next season. The consistency with these players are very below par.

Until any of these young players prove me wrong that they become "good", I have the right to be what you call "closed-minded". We got a good coach now. No excuses next season, we need to see improvement within these young ones, otherwise we are wasting our time. You can't go through two coaches (some of them THREE), play in the highest level for three years and still look ordinary/poor.

Werner and Havertz I'm giving them a small benefit of the doubt because they only had one season to settle. But from what I've seen last season and in the Euros I'm not holding my breath.

All of them delivered in clutch moments in the second biggest competition in football (possibly biggest if you factor the decline or international football).

Havertz especially moved in the middle of a pandemic, caught the thing (badly) and spent half the season under a manager who didn't know how to utilize him.

And out of interest who is your ideal striker option if (as is looking likely) we can't sign Haaland? And did they score more than Kai and Timo the year before they joined us?

6 hours ago, Strike said:

+1 or even Romano, Fjortoft. Ignoring all of Sky's reporting on this - pretty clear after the way they were discussing the Sancho story last year they haven't got a source at Dortmund. 

Not Fjortoft. He is a grade 3 BS'er who posts anything to get clicks. He is just above grade 4 only as he does seem to know the Håland's. 

Edited by King Kante

13 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Not Fjortoft. He is a grade 3 BS'er who posts anything to get clicks. He is just above grade 4 only as he does seem to know the Håland's. 

Yes only in the case of Haaland

2 hours ago, whats happening said:

this is obvious for everyone except for our board it looks like.

The board knows every single thing all of us put together know about football transfers and many, many times more. They live in reality with all facts at their disposal and have handled hundreds of transfer negotiations. This compares very favourably to our combined zero facts, and zero experience dealing with football transfers.

It can only be a desire to see squad improvements, plus frustration that we don't know what is happening that cause you to go so far overboard with your comment. 

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

24 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

The board knows every single thing all of us put together know about football transfers and many, many times more. They live in reality with all facts at their disposal and have handled hundreds of transfer negotiations. This compares very favourably to our combined zero facts, and zero experience dealing with football transfers.

It can only be a desire to see squad improvements, plus frustration that we don't know what is happening that cause you to go so far overboard with your comment. 

image.thumb.png.09a85b1179f62e64c0d1e2edae2535fe.png

Board in 2015

I said from the start this isn't happening and I'm sticking by that statement.

German clubs can be parculiar at times... I'm not sure if it's pride or ignorance but what I do know for sure... they love holding an Engliah club over the barrel. 

1 hour ago, DDA said:

I said from the start this isn't happening and I'm sticking by that statement.

German clubs can be parculiar at times... I'm not sure if it's pride or ignorance but what I do know for sure... they love holding an Engliah club over the barrel. 

It is probably just economics. For Dortmund they have a value on what Håland is worth to them if he stays. 

There will be more than just his buyout fee next year minus whatever we offer. They will also take into consideration: 

Cost of replacement

Cost of replacements wages compared to Hålands now. 

Eyeballs Håland brings to them

Endorsement money Håland beings in directly 

Money at risk if he goes and they fail to qualify for the CL because of it

I cannot say what it is worth and I doubt you can really pin it down into cold hard numbers as there are so many variables, however it is probably significant cost/risk for them. Additionally, Dortmund know we are desperate for a CF so they can milk us, like almost any seller would do to a buyer. 

Edited by King Kante

23 minutes ago, King Kante said:

It is probably just economics. For Dortmund they have a value on what Håland is worth to them if he stays. 

There will be more than just his buyout fee next year minus whatever we offer. They will also take into consideration: 

Cost of replacement

Cost of replacements wages compared to Hålands now. 

Eyeballs Håland brings to them

Endorsement money Håland beings in directly 

Money at risk if he goes and they fail to qualify for the CL because of it

I cannot say what it is worth and I doubt you can really pin it down into cold hard numbers as there are so many variables, however it is probably significant cost/risk for them. Additionally, Dortmund know we are desperate for a CF so they can milk us, like almost any seller would do to a buyer. 

Exactly. There are just too many variables that for me say this isn't going to get done. 

3 hours ago, Strike said:

image.thumb.png.09a85b1179f62e64c0d1e2edae2535fe.png

Board in 2015

That's 12 more transfer deals in one season than all of us have completed in the whole of our lives combined. Experience is experience. Whether it concerns a positive outcome or a negative one, it all adds to the knowledge base. My point stands that the board know way more about the business of handling transfers than we do.

You are implying that the board made bad transfer decisions in 2015. Well that would depend on whether or not the board made the decisions. The answer to that question is just one item in a long list of things that we don't know. Meanwhile, of course the board know the implications of a smaller market this window Vs a more competitive market driven by a reduced fee next summer. Not even the original poster can really think they don't.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

1 hour ago, Jas said:

That means Real Madrid will get him unless they have shifted their focus from Mbappe. So, let's go for Mbappe then as he is also available for the right price and he has great relation with Tuchel as well.

1 hour ago, avrobsws said:

That means Real Madrid will get him unless they have shifted their focus from Mbappe. So, let's go for Mbappe then as he is also available for the right price and he has great relation with Tuchel as well.

Not sure Real will be able to do it still. Even next season he is going to be super expensive as there is still a €80m fee. For me, they're much more likely to go for Mbappe. 

1 hour ago, avrobsws said:

How did you deduce Real Madrid will go for him from that? 🤣

12 hours ago, DDA said:

Exactly. There are just too many variables that for me say this isn't going to get done. 

Honestly which team can realistically afford Haaland this season ... None other than Chelsea/City maybe PSG (dont see Haaland going there), all this talk about Madrid getting in for him i feel is just BS. They are know to be going after Mbappe and cant afford Mbappe so Haaland is out of question for the next 2 years. Clubs are on a downhill in terms of finances and I feel it will continue for 2 seasons so such crazy buys mite not happen. 

In England, City is after Kane and United has already broken the bank. City if they get Kane wouldnt look for another, United maybe next year MITE. 

I would love if Haaland doesnt get sold for the next 2 years which is possible (I know there is a release clause activated next season but wishful). Then it would be fun to see how much golden is this egg when he goes in his final year. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You