Erling Haaland

NikkiCFC

On 01/07/2021 at 00:55, DH1988 said:

Crazy how the media casually forget psg and barca transfer fees in recent years, making it seem like the £137m is impossible, sigh.

and Eden going to RM (with huge add-ons that end up with us getting around £140m) and João Félix to AM

all of these were over that or damn close (with add-ons in some cases, so I guess we would have to know the add-ons), all are well over £100m

(CR7 to Juve was too, but he was £105m with little add-ons I think)

Pogba must be close to £100m now, with inflation (as it was 5 years ago)

so the over £100m club (with no inflation) has 8 members

IF Mbappe and Håland both move this summer, it will have 9 members, and 10 transfers (Mbappe twice)

Mbappe

Neymar

Eden

Countinho

Dembele

Griezmann

João Félix

CR7

150m euros (the figure I have seen the most that was quoted as Dortmund's supposed price for Håland this summer) is £129m

€150m makes sense as that is double his (again, supposed) release clause of 75m euros next summer

Edited by Vesper

5 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

Let’s say we got Haaland, what formation do we play? Rules: Havertz must play.

in terms of 3 CB set-ups

3-1-4-2

or

3-5-2

or

3-4-2-1

or

3-4-1-2

or

3-4-3

or

3-3-3-1

or

3-3-1-3

or

3-3-2-2

or

3-1-3-3

or

3-2-4-1

or

3-2-3-2

or

3-2-2-3

or

3-1-5-1

or

3-5-1-1

or

3-2-1-3-1

many different options depending on opponent and who we put out there

1 hour ago, Clockwork said:

Is Haaland that good? I have not watched much of Bundesliga, given our success with ST signings hard for me to be overjoyed or be interested in if we will sign him or not.

Cl topscorer last season at 20 years old...

3 hours ago, Clockwork said:

Is Haaland that good? I have not watched much of Bundesliga, given our success with ST signings hard for me to be overjoyed or be interested in if we will sign him or not.

He is over hyped, however his stats stand up and he is potentially a player that could solve your CF issues for 10-15 years. 

The latter part is primarily why he is going to go for mega bucks. 

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

He is over hyped, however his stats stand up and he is potentially a player that could solve your CF issues for 10-15 years. 

The latter part is primarily why he is going to go for mega bucks. 

Doubt Haaland could solve our ST issues for 10-15 years as he won't stay for that long. I give him max 5-6 years with us before moving to either Barca or Madrid.

9 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Doubt Haaland could solve our ST issues for 10-15 years as he won't stay for that long. I give him max 5-6 years with us before moving to either Barca or Madrid.

6 years (age 21 to age 26, he turns 27 in the middle of the summer after his 6th season if he comes now) as our CF would be a dream

let him go to Real at 27, they would get 3 seasons of sub 30yo play out of him, versus our 6

deal

Edited by Vesper

47 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Barca are essentially Leeds circa 2003 broke and Real are in quite a pickle too. Not sure how either team is going to get out of their hole in the next five years. I mean Barca have to cut their wage bill by over €300m before next season starts. As for Real, they need a squad overhaul and they don't have any assets to sell as they've all aged out. 

The stadium renovations and lack of government money has been a real bitch for them. 

42 minutes ago, Vesper said:

6 years (age 21 to age 26, he turns 27 in the middle of the summer after his 6th season if he comes now) as our CF would be a dream

let him go to Real at 27, they would get 3 seasons of sub 30yo play out of him, versus our 6

deal

Or he could stay with us for less like 3-4 years, depending on our results in both PL and CL.

4 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Barca are essentially Leeds circa 2003 broke and Real are in quite a pickle too. Not sure how either team is going to get out of their hole in the next five years. I mean Barca have to cut their wage bill by over €300m before next season starts. As for Real, they need a squad overhaul and they don't have any assets to sell as they've all aged out. 

The stadium renovations and lack of government money has been a real bitch for them. 

They are broke now because Covid 19, likely won't be in the next 3-4 years.

7 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

They are broke now because Covid 19, likely won't be in the next 3-4 years.

Lets see, Barca are over €1bn in debt and Real aren't far behind. Both are having to take refinance at bad rates just to keep the lights on. Neither really have any sellable assets due to age and contracts (ok, Barca do but that is selling the family silver territory; Pedri/De Jong.) Also, they can't sell out to oil money (officially at least) owing to their tax beneficial 'membership' model and their members having voting rights. 

It is the only reason why they are still signed up to the Super League as without the €400m it is pretty much goodnight, god bless as my old Nan used to say. 

Just now, King Kante said:

Lets see, Barca are over €1bn in debt and Real aren't far behind. Both are having to take refinance at bad rates just to keep the lights on. Neither really have any sellable assets due to age and contracts (ok, Barca do but that is selling the family silver territory; Pedri/De Jong.) Also, they can't sell out to oil money (officially at least) owing to their tax beneficial 'membership' model and their members having voting rights. 

It is the only reason why they are still signed up to the Super League as without the €400m it is pretty much goodnight, god bless as my old Nan used to say. 

Both Barca and Madrid are still having massive revenues, they are in top 3 richest clubs in the world alongside United. In 19/20 Barca had €715.1m and Madrid had €691.8m. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deloitte_Football_Money_League

Edited by Blues Forever

12 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

Both Barca and Madrid are still having massive revenues, they are in top 3 richest clubs in the world alongside United. In 19/20 Barca had €715.1m and Madrid had €691.8m. 

As I said, lets see. La Liga have introduced a €380m salary cap. Barca are currently over by €300m and cannot register their new signings officially yet or re-sign Messi because of it. 

Barca and Real, unlike the PL clubs, both draw a lot of revenue from their stadiums. It has been 18 months since they have been able to use them properly. That dollar has gone and isn't coming back, whilst their debt interest has been racking up at the same time and at increasing rates. The issue this causes is that they are rumoured to be €150-€300m down since covid, whilst their debt payments have gone up. 

They both also cannot sell their way out of trouble as their players are unsellabable due to their contracts/form. 

On top of this their are rumours that a lot of Barca's commercial deals are tied to Messi and that they drop from anywhere from 10%-50% if he leaves, which looks like he may have to as they simply cannot register him unless the rest of the squad take 50%+ cuts to their wages.

Then we get to TV rights, even the PL had to take a bit of a hit on the 2023-26 set. La Liga's is meant to go down even more best of it due to its lesser audience. As for their international revenues a lot was tied (apparently) to the stars in the league such as CR7 and Messi. So, that is also coming to an end.

Then we get to how their government money has dried up due to EU legislation. That essentially saved Real in the early 00's as without their land deal with Madrid Council they essentially bankrupted themselves with the first Galatico set of spending.

Tbh, Real, I don't think are in as much trouble, however they have had to seriously reduce costs in the past five years. I think I read that they are something like the 30th net spender in Europe over the past five years, that is going to have to continue for the foreseeable. 

14 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

As soon as Pessi fucks off, I predict at least a 25% drop in Barca revenue, especially if they do not sign Mbappe or Håland. Plastics need a god to toss off to or they move on.

21 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

Wait, I have just realised something. Is Barca's turnover only €715m? There wage bill is approx €680m which is 95% and that is pre-covid. They're actually even more fecked than I thought they were as I thought their wage to turnover was 75%. 

95% wage to turnover is so ridiculous I cannot even find the right word to describe it.

I used to think they just hit the crack pipe too hard. Instead I now think they must party like the guys in Wolf of Wall Street but don't know anything about money at all. 

2 hours ago, King Kante said:

Wait, I have just realised something. Is Barca's turnover only €715m? There wage bill is approx €680m which is 95% and that is pre-covid. They're actually even more fecked than I thought they were as I thought their wage to turnover was 75%. 

95% wage to turnover is so ridiculous I cannot even find the right word to describe it.

I used to think they just hit the crack pipe too hard. Instead I now think they must party like the guys in Wolf of Wall Street but don't know anything about money at all. 

No, the €715 was during Covid, the previous season 18/19 (Pre-Covid) Barca got €840m.

Edited by Blues Forever

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You