The Tuchel Thread

Jase

12 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

It was never in question. Just hope the board feel the same way. 

I don’t think it will be in any doubt, the board have made mistakes before but I don’t think anyone would be so stupid to back Lukaku over Tuchel. But at the same time, I think Tuchel may leave the door open for Rom to get back into the group pretty swiftly though if he apologises sufficiently enough that he, the players and also certain club personnel accept it and he then proceeds to gets with the programme.

I do think the situation will be re-evaluated in the summer due to the nature of the comments but I also think Tuchel wouldn’t be stupid to completely write off someone who may have some use to him throughout the second half of the season.

I mean he kept and has brought guys like Ruben and Ross in from the cold at the beginning of the season when others wouldn’t have because we’ve needed numbers/he’s seen they can maybe offer something so I don’t think Rom is going to be completely shunned up to the summer or sold this month.

Edited by OneMoSalah

https://theathletic.com/3046668/2022/01/03/romelu-lukakus-interview-the-fallout-the-meetings-with-tuchel-the-future/

Excerpt - 

As one source explained to The Athletic: “I was speaking to one of the players and asked him if anyone was sticking up for Lukaku. He said no. None of them can believe he’s done it.”

Noticeably Tuchel appears to have the backing of the squad for how he dealt with Lukaku. He decided to confer with five or six senior players before making a final decision to omit Lukaku from the Liverpool game. It is believed that Jorginho, Cesar Azpilicueta, N’Golo Kante and Antonio Rudiger were among those consulted.

Asked why he felt the need to discuss it with squad members, he replied: “I don’t take decisions in the office or around my thoughts. I take decisions for the team and I listen to them. I hear their opinion, what they think and then I make my decisions once I hear them out. It is their club, their team and it is not a personal thing from me to decide only on my thoughts.

“We have a squad who we protect, which is strong in belief and behaviours. We want a clearer understanding of the situation and take a decision on a bigger foundation.”

Just now, Superblue_1986 said:

Watching United the last few games, getting Tuchel over Rangnick last January has to be one of the biggest wins in recent times.

Have you noticed when United players lose the ball, they prance around like show ponies ? Wolves schooled them today

2 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Have you noticed when United players lose the ball, they prance around like show ponies ? Wolves schooled them today

They either have players with talent but not willing to put in the defensive/pressing side of the game, or players who are capable of doing that side of the game but can barely kick the ball.

There is no middle ground with them and it leaves their team so imbalanced. 

2 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

They either have players with talent but not willing to put in the defensive/pressing side of the game, or players who are capable of doing that side of the game but can barely kick the ball.

Which is fantastic 😉

8 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Watching United the last few games, getting Tuchel over Rangnick last January has to be one of the biggest wins in recent times.

Without even hindsight, think that is clear. Rangnick's reputation has come as a sporting director or roles along those lines as opposed to a manager. Plus, he has never managed a big club in his career before. He may have done a good job at them but all the club he's managed are below United/Chelsea's level. 

5 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Don't think they have the players to play a modern pressing game. This squad have been largely formed on the back of two managers who are pragmatic and like to play more on the counter. 

Just now, Jase said:

Don't think they have the players to play a modern pressing game. This squad have been largely formed on the back of two managers who are pragmatic and like to play more on the counter. 

Its more of a case of Ole and Rangnick have no idea how to manage massive individual egos, for all Fergusons faults, he would have this lot performing perfectly and in fear of him

1 minute ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Its more of a case of Ole and Rangnick have no idea how to manage massive individual egos, for all Fergusons faults, he would have this lot performing perfectly and in fear of him

Think it's a combination of different things. They haven't had a dominant manager, someone who will hold these players accountable etc in ages. They haven't had a proper manager who is in tune with the modern game in ages. They also have a squad with some very average players.