The Tuchel Thread

Jase

13 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Who is matching CHO's 100K wages? 

Who is matching Ziyech's 120K wages?

Who is matching Pulisic's 150K wages?

Who is matching Werner's 170K wages?

Fact of the matter is we have too many players on high wages with little to no return in performance output. No club will touch CHO on those wages when they continue to see the amount of chances he squanders and poor decision making. No club will touch Ziyech on those wages when they see how weak he and inconsistent he is. No club will touch Pulisic on those wages when they see he hasn't had a good full season to his name. And no one will certainly match Werner's wages unless by some miracle either Dortmund or Bayern are feeling generous. You then add the likes of Alonso, Loftus-Cheek, Barkley, Sarr, Bakayoko, etc where we genuinely cannot do a thing until their contracts expire. 

This club will forever reap the consequences of having no long term vision or identity when it comes to buying players. 

CHO is on £120,000 PW

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/sep/19/callum-hudson-odoi-signs-new-Chelsea-contract-to-2024

On 30/12/2021 at 16:06, Jase said:

Oh for sure. I'm not saying Tuchel should be sacked. Nowhere near it. Tuchel still has credit in the bank for the Champions League and Super Cup wins. Am just pointing out the reality vs the expectation of the squad when it comes to the title challenge. We have been more of a cup team than a league + cup team over the last decade. 

This is probably the first time since our Christmas 2006 rut under Jose I haven't thought the manager has been largely responsible for such a poor run. Ofcourse there's a few things he's done wrong (should never have broken Callum's momentum from the autumn) but if anything I think he's stopped this rut being even worse.

The biggest statement he can make right now is to send the U23's (and Bettenelli) out against Chesterfield, maybe even have Andy Myers managing the game.

I'd feel bad for them as they'd have got a big tie only for it to turn into a glorified EFL trophy match but I don't see how we've got any other choice.

33 minutes ago, Tomo said:

The biggest statement he can make right now is to send the U23's (and Bettenelli) out against Chesterfield, maybe even have Andy Myers managing the game.

I'd feel bad for them as they'd have got a big tie only for it to turn into a glorified EFL trophy match but I don't see how we've got any other choice.

It's a shame for them it's not on telly really. The teams that have been picked most play each other twice anyway.

Wonder what he will do for that one

5 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

It's a shame for them it's not on telly really. The teams that have been picked most play each other twice anyway.

Wonder what he will do for that one

U23's and Barkley, Sarr, Ruben, Saul, and Bettenelli

26 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

U23's and Barkley, Sarr, Ruben, Saul, and Bettenelli

I'd say not risk any of them bar the latter (on the assumption he wants his token appearance if he's not arsed give him the time off too). As horrifying as it is to think about we're a few more injuries away from having to rely on all of those above.

Give the squad as many days off as we possibly can without buggering match fitness, they need a mental break aswell as a physical one.

4 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Break is coming after 23rd January. 

But before that we have 5 games in 13 days from tomorrow. 

I would agree that the Chesterfield game needs heavy rotation. Maybe not to the degree of just fielding a complete U23 team.

It represents a good game for some players like Barkley and Sarr to play, like the Brentford game did. @Tomomentioned we're a couple of injuries away from relying on them, but on the flip side you'd also not want them coming into the team cold if that situation happened. It may also represent an opportunity for a couple of players to get some fitness for 45-60 minutes like Werner who may need the game as a key run out.

On 30/12/2021 at 03:17, Strike said:

There is a big difference. We are looking to bridge that gap to the top 2. We wont get there overnight.

There is no difference, and we dont need to bridge any gap to City or Liverpool, we actually just beat City in a UCL final few months ago...and you can go from finishing 10th in a season to winning the league in another one. 

This squad is good enough to win PL, and Im pretty sure If the players were available, at this point the team would be sitting confortably at the top of the league.

This team will finish inside top 4, and will win at least a major trophy this season.

Edited by Henrique

6 hours ago, Henrique said:

There is no difference, and we dont need to bridge any gap to City or Liverpool, we actually just beat City in a UCL final few months ago...and you can go from finishing 10th in a season to winning the league in another one. 

This squad is good enough to win PL, and Im pretty sure If the players were available, at this point the team would be sitting confortably at the top of the league.

This team will finish inside top 4, and will win at least a major trophy this season.

There is a difference between having yo-yo seasons where we're up there and then not compared to consistently challenging for the league title. We haven't shown the ability to do this for the last decade.

And we are very capable of beating anyone on our day, hence the UCL triumph last season but to consistently churn out win after win, week after week we haven't shown this for a long time and this consistency is something we do need to bridge between us and City (and a lesser extent Liverpool).

I do agree though if we hadn't have been decimated in recent weeks by injuries and covid, I think we'd be comfortably at least around City still and there would be a much more interesting title race developing then there is now.

7 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

There is a difference between having yo-yo seasons where we're up there and then not compared to consistently challenging for the league title. We haven't shown the ability to do this for the last decade.

And we are very capable of beating anyone on our day, hence the UCL triumph last season but to consistently churn out win after win, week after week we haven't shown this for a long time and this consistency is something we do need to bridge between us and City (and a lesser extent Liverpool).

I do agree though if we hadn't have been decimated in recent weeks by injuries and covid, I think we'd be comfortably at least around City still and there would be a much more interesting title race developing then there is now.

Apprently we've dropped 11 points from winning positions and watching us go ahead you can clearly see how and why. Thats something we need to fix fast and like you say consistency 

Its a shame its another title race we're not involved with..oh well.

19 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I think this is a perfect opportunity for us to get rid of rom. 

I think the club will back tuchel and get rid of rom. 

We should now buy the fiorentina striker 

Fiorentina owner apparently eager to sell Vlahovic in January to avoid losing him to Juve. 

33 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I think this is a perfect opportunity for us to get rid of rom. 

I think the club will back tuchel and get rid of rom. 

We should now buy the fiorentina striker 

When we signed Rom a lot of people complained about Serie A’s standards of defenders so is going for another CF who plays in Serie A necessarily a great idea? Or is just a matter of anybody but Romelu? Like it is for Alonso also re the links with Digne? 

Its hard to judge because he has had a fantastic 18 months or so but Lukaku also scored 64 goals for Inter in 2 seasons. Yes he’s younger but I just seem to get a sort of Stevan Jovic vibe off him right now.

I don’t buy that all of a sudden a lot of people have went from bashing Serie A standards and defenders when we were trying to buy/signed Rom to all off a sudden thinking its an incredible/much better standard now theres links to Vlahovic.

I do think Lukaku’s is in hot water though and could be expendable come the summer.

Edited by OneMoSalah

22 hours ago, Tomo said:

Very surprised that came from you, Tomo. lol

As someone else has mentioned, it's a good chance to give some players who just came back from COVID, who maybe need game time to play. It could be a similar lineup to the one we saw against Zenit and/or Brentford in the cup.