• Mount
    • Kovacic
    • Havertz
    • Werner
    • Giroud
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Gilmour (sub)

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

It's all about taking James out of the game. Almost everything positive they do starts with him. We cut off the supply to their strikers and they're useless. Richarlison and Calvert-Lewin aren't going to dribble through our team and score worldies.

Stop James from playing through balls and don't let give away silly free kicks around our box for him to line up a shooting chance. Do that and I think we win comfortably.

Mount, Kante, and whoever the third midfielder is will be the keys.

For a second there, I thought you were talking about our James and I was like "HUH!?", only to then realize you were talking about Rodriguez. :lol: 

• Like 3
  • Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, shit. Everton were already in a rough patch of form with James in their side. Without him they aren't nearly as dangerous. That's their best attacking player out and both starting fullbacks.

Continuing with the 4-3-3 with Abraham and Werner flanking Giroud was laughable. 

Remember when we had a fit Pulisic after the restart last season? For a significant number of games? Good times...

Why is everyone pessimistic all of a sudden. Yes Chelsea’s record at goodison park is not stellar, but the same goes for st James park and we beat Newcastle, have faith in the team. 
my team selection the same as the rest:

Mendy 

James    Silva      Zouma     Chilwell

Kova       Kante     Mount 

Werner        Giroud         Pulisic 

• Like 3

This is always a tough game for us, hopefully having no fans in the ground will help. 

Mendy

James Zouma Silva Chilwell

Kova Kante Mount 

Puli Giroud Werner

Subs: Kepa, Rudi, Dave, Billy, Kai, CHO, Tammy

Yeah, considering how much more effective Puli is on the left side, he should play there and move Werner to the right side. That should not influence Timo game that much.

7 hours ago, Jason said:

Lampard's full quote on Pulisic...

https://www.espn.com/soccer/chelsea/story/4258679/usmnt-midfielder-pulisics-recovery-from-injury-a-work-in-progress-chelseas-lampard

"Christian Pulisic had a tiny bit of awareness off the back of the Leeds game with one of his hamstrings but he was training normally so we should be as we were [with players available to play Everton]," Lampard said. "With Christian, it is a work in progress.

"I don't want to call this an injury that he had in midweek. If the game had been a different type of game, it may have been one where I would have felt I would have used him.

"We know his abilities, that's very clear. He showed them when he came on against Leeds last week. I just have to find the right way to get the best out of him regularly and consistently."

6 different people posted the same lineup [emoji38] is not easier just to say I agree with others? 
Probably because barring any late fitness dramas and havertz or Kova the team picks itself
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Hutcho said:
5 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:
6 different people posted the same lineup emoji38.png is not easier just to say I agree with others? 

Probably because barring any late fitness dramas and havertz or Kova the team picks itself

Havertz here, Kova vs Wolves on Tuesday

19 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

when was the last time we had a convincing win against this lot at Goodison? 2017?

Yep. End of Conte's title winning season. The day we knew that the title was safe. 

and that mad 6-3 under Jose 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Strike said:

Havertz here, Kova vs Wolves on Tuesday

I would think it would be the ither way around. Kova here and Kai against a very okay-ish wolves this season so far.

30 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

I would think it would be the ither way around. Kova here and Kai against a very okay-ish wolves this season so far.

We have nearly a week off after Wolves so if need be we can probably go full strength for both.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Strike said:

Yep. End of Conte's title winning season. The day we knew that the title was safe. 

and that mad 6-3 under Jose 

nice, in both those seasons we won the title, it would be great if we could do it again with this new group of players :) 

• Like 2

Havertz over Kova,,the more he play against strong midfield club like Everton it's could be good for his adaptation. come on,,we don't buy a talented and expensive player just to sit on the bench...

• Like 2