• Mount
    • Kovacic
    • Havertz
    • Werner
    • Giroud
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Gilmour (sub)

2 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

When I saw Tammy coming on I thought he'd play wide right since he did that a lot in youth football. Must have been something tactical SFL had in mind but it didn't play out. 

It happened in midweek as well but the thing just doesn't make sense whatsoever. Werner also used to be a winger but it's clear that he isn't one and so is Abraham. 

57 minutes ago, Hutcho said:

No one was expecting us to win the league anyway. Its just come about after us starting well. Liverpool still ahead of us as they should be. It's a new team and at the moment our academy boys are the ones firing. We aren't gonna win every game and walk to the title. People thinking otherwise are dreaming.

Shit game onto the next one

Actually I do. With city struggling and Liverpool injuries. The league is there for the taking. Squad wise we also don't need much other than a dm. 

16 minutes ago, communicate said:

Actually I do. With city struggling and Liverpool injuries. The league is there for the taking. Squad wise we also don't need much other than a dm. 

But with their injuries so far.. Liverpool have been fine. May change as it goes on but still just one random loss..

Really poor game, hopefully one of those every team has sometimes and we move on.

I think the only player that could really say they had a decent game was Reece.

The likes of Chilwell, Mount, Kovacic, Werner, Giroud it was the worst I've seen them all play this season and Havertz since Covid has looked alarmingly off the pace.

These sort of games we need that bit of luck to help pull us through and unfortunately we didn't today, hitting the post twice but even then we frankly didn't deserve anything tonight.

No pace, urgency to our game. No one seemed to want to take responsibility on the ball and to drive the team forward. 

Hopefully it's just a one off and we can get it out of our system against Wolves midweek.

We played a game with no out and out wingers because of injuries.
We have a team with basically 6 new starters without a preseason. These things take a lot of time to gel and we've seen glimpses of it. But we have depth in some positions but not the position we seem to keep getting the injuries.

I believe the squad is good enough to win the prem but this season has come a bit too soon.

After 12 Premier League games:
2019/20:
W - 8
D - 2
L - 2
Pts - 26
Pos. - 3rd
2020/21:
W - 6
D - 4
L - 2
Pts - 22
Pos. - 3rd (could be overtaken on Sunday)

Apples and oranges. We're way better than last season as we are right now by a country mile. A blind man could see that.

8 minutes ago, Hutcho said:

We played a game with no out and out wingers because of injuries.
We have a team with basically 6 new starters without a preseason. These things take a lot of time to gel and we've seen glimpses of it. But we have depth in some positions but not the position we seem to keep getting the injuries.

I believe the squad is good enough to win the prem but this season has come a bit too soon.

we need a 4th winger

said it since the end of last season when we knew Willian an dPedro were leaving

Havertz is not a winger, he is wasted there

same for Werner

Mount is not a winger

nor is Faustino Anjorin

Before this game, a lot of us agreed that we needed to get results in fixtures against Everton, W Ham and Wolves in order to take advantage where others such as Liverpool, Tottenham and City could not.

In retrospect, I expect we'll see the other teams also drop points in away fixtures now that crowds are returning to some of these grounds.

11 minutes ago, Vesper said:

we need a 4th winger

said it since the end of last season when we knew Willian an dPedro were leaving

Havertz is not a winger, he is wasted there

same for Werner

Mount is not a winger

nor is Faustino Anjorin

Have a feeling that Lampard intended Werner to be our 4th winger.

If you think about it, rotating between CHO/Ziyech/Pulisic/Werner especially when you can accommodate Tammy/Giroud/Werner in CF, and have Havertz as a spare,....that's not bad at all.

Its just our freaky luck that all 3 of CHO, Ziyech and Pulisic became injured simultaneously. Can't make this up. Especially with CHO, who has been relatively unused this season. Best chance for him to start a few games, and he's out.

That being said, we are fucked if Pulisic is not available for the Wolves game.