Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Everton 1-0 Chelsea


Jase
 Share
Followers 6

Man of the Match  

11 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

    • Mendy
      0
    • James
      8
    • Zouma
      1
    • Silva
      0
    • Chilwell
      0
    • Kante
      0
    • Mount
      2
    • Kovacic
      0
    • Havertz
      0
    • Werner
      0
    • Giroud
      0
    • Abraham (sub)
      0
    • Gilmour (sub)
      0


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Down to 4th. Will be down to 5th if Leicester win later...fan-fucking-tastic!

what more can we expect a 3rd of the way through the season, and not once have been able to field our preferred front three.

And I think until we find a suitable replacement for Puli sick then we are going to struggle, we just don't have a competitive front three.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, shit. Everton were already in a rough patch of form with James in their side. Without him they aren't nearly as dangerous. That's their best attacking player out and both starting fullbacks.

Continuing with the 4-3-3 with Abraham and Werner flanking Giroud was laughable. 

Remember when we had a fit Pulisic after the restart last season? For a significant number of games? Good times...

2 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

what more can we expect a 3rd of the way through the season, and not once have been able to field our preferred front three.

And I think until we find a suitable replacement for Puli sick then we are going to struggle, we just don't have a competitive front three.

We would have been alright had CHO and Ziyech not gotten injured as well. It's just BS that all 3 of our wingers are injured at the same time! :rant:

On this injury note, I'm almost scared of the free week that we will have after West Ham.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DDA said:

Not an overreaction whatsoever. Not even in the slightest. I have kept my mouth shut watching Werner playing LW week in, week out since he joined us. The whole point of buying him was because our strikers last season couldn't finish their dinner on a consistent basis. I get it, the idea of Tammy or Giroud upto with Werner on the wing sounds good but what we are seeing is a mess on my opinion. We need to at least give him a run in the ST position and see that lethal striker we saw in Germany. 

I don't understand with people insisting playing Werner as no 9. Is Werner by far our best player? No. It is about the team not just one player unless you just happen to be by far the team best player

Link to post
Share on other sites

So basically we lost just 1 point on all our main rivals (not counting Liverpool yet) and at the same time we cleared one of our bogey grounds. Forget this game and go beat Wolves.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Milan said:

So basically we lost just 1 point on all our main rivals (not counting Liverpool yet) and at the same time we cleared one of our bogey grounds. Forget this game and go beat Wolves.

Just about to say the same thing. Watching the games it appears this weekend was the one where all the additional football caught up with the big teams. Dippers only got a point as Parker put that clown Kamara on. Madness of a substitution.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

A Top 4 finish is an absolute MUST this season but other than that, not sure how to judge, what to expect etc based on how the league has gone. We are 12 games into the season and only 6 points separate the Top 9 teams and some of them have a game in hand. A win or a loss could see a team climb up or drop down a few places. What a shit season!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jason said:

A Top 4 finish is an absolute MUST this season but other than that, not sure how to judge, what to expect etc based on how the league has gone. We are 12 games into the season and only 6 points separate the Top 9 teams and some of them have a game in hand. A win or a loss could see a team climb up or drop down a few places. What a shit season!

Thats it.  We could be 5th end of the day.. 

When people going on about Man U being low..yet winning their game whenever that could be could move them up. Its really odd so far.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Thats it.  We could be 5th end of the day.. 

When people going on about Man U being low..yet winning their game whenever that could be could move them up. Its really odd so far.

Stop listening to pundits is my best advice.

They talk absolute shite.

Utd have a very expensive team - they will be challenging for Top 4 and whilst everyone likes to slate Ole - he is doing OK. It's going to take time and a few more transfer windows for him to put his identity on the team, but they will be competitive, despite the histrionics of the pundits.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

We need to stop bottling these games against the likes of Everton and actually turn up and play fucking football.

I do not expect us to win every game but fight and show guts, yesterday we cowered like a dog.

I think this is a bit harsh. Yesterday, we looked gassed and weren't creative owing to the lack of wingers. Further, we only lost due to madness by Mendy, Pickford pulling off a really good save from James and Mount hitting the post. I am not saying we were great, and I think the formation was really bizarre, but when you combine this with the other teams play this weekend, it wasn't as if we were really any different. 

That said, we need a response at Wolves and be consistent after that one as well. I have personally seen a lot of progress this year and whilst results haven't always been there, there have been some mitigating circumstances i.e. no Mendy/Silva for the Soton/WBA games and somehow not getting the penalty v Pen Utd. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

Stop listening to pundits is my best advice.

They talk absolute shite.

Utd have a very expensive team - they will be challenging for Top 4 and whilst everyone likes to slate Ole - he is doing OK. It's going to take time and a few more transfer windows for him to put his identity on the team, but they will be competitive, despite the histrionics of the pundits.

Bit topsy-turvy..one minute okay..the next all goes iffy. See what happens with that one.

Shame we could least get a point yesterday..need to move onto Tues and get going again. Into the crazy Christmas stupid period

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The only good thing that happened were the draws above us. We didn’t get separated from the top like we could have. Not happy about this weekend, but it could have been much worse. It is kind of like getting kicked in the nuts... by someone who doesn’t kick very well, still hurts, but could have been worse.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...