Kai Havertz

Blues11

I think we will get Chl football next year .  
for these reasons :

1. We want 7 points in 3 matches ( Norwich win , Liverpool draw , wolves win ) 

2. Leicester have difficult program . They wil play against Bournemouth ( want deadly 3 points) , Sheffield,Spurs ,Manchester United . So probably we will finish 4th 

so we have chances to get havertz 

7 hours ago, Jason said:

Feel like Mount's game has suffered from Lampard's constant tinkering of the midfield. We have seen that Mount can score goals, can provide assists at Vitesse and Derby - okay, different leagues and all that but still. Rather than let a player - a young player - have a fixed role or a fixed position to develop, Lampard has been asking Mount to do, A B C D etc. Lampard was talking about wanting fluidity in midfield the other day and based on his quotes, not sure if he has a clarity of what he wants his midfielders to do. Being versatile and flexible is one thing but it sounded almost as if Lampard wants them to do everything. 

Lampard is too smart for his own good at times

he overthinks things too often

that said, he is also intelligent enough to realise this I so hope

when he gets it right, he is a genius, but he is bollocksing it up too much atm

it is a rookie steep learning curve

5 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Guess not having Champions League for one season doesnt mean won't have it for the next..or the other way round. Or get past the groups.. 

Probably not thought of like that mind..then again Europa League is super fun..sure he'll love it.

lol

you surely must be having a laugh sis!

nothing like a winter trip to Uzbekistan to lift the soul

7 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Lampard is too smart for his own good at times

he overthinks things too often

that said, he is also intelligent enough to realise this I so hope

The midfield trio of Jorginho-Kovacic-Mount was arguably the best one this season and yet every time Kante is available, Lampard will break up that trio just to force Kante in and break up whatever synergy and the trio had. So...

9 minutes ago, Vesper said:

when he gets it right, he is a genius, but he is bollocksing it up too much atm

it is a rookie steep learning curve

It's a case of the blind leading the blind at the moment.

Lampard has to start sticking to his guns and stop all this chopping and changing...

I've just been on the phone to someone who is an Everton fan and even he said "How the fuck does Tammy Abraham start over Giroud" and it's right, it is like FL doesn't want to rock the boat with his young lads.

He needs to grow a set and quickly.

11 minutes ago, Vesper said:

lol

you surely must be having a laugh sis!

nothing like a winter trip to Uzbekistan to lift the soul

Exactly! All the places you can go to..the final venues where you have to take a train and plane and stay for a week...what more could you want lol.

Without Champions League guess case of being convincingly and showing the club is heading back or is in the right direction..which is debateable at times this season..

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

The midfield trio of Jorginho-Kovacic-Mount was arguably the best one this season and yet every time Kante is available, Lampard will break up that trio just to force Kante in and break up whatever synergy and the trio had. So...

It's a case of the blind leading the blind at the moment.

the MF has been so injured this season

worst hit of all the positions

no wonder we have continuity issues

we need to sell Kante as his injury path is only going to get worse

he is like Hazard in a way

years of brutal play are catching up

he just is not built like a little tank like Makélélé was

OPINION: Who would you pick at their best - Claude Makélélé or N ...Chelsea Rulz!!!: Claude Makelele "The Show Stopper"Chelsea coach to persist with Kante in unfamiliar role | ABS-CBN ...Chelsea news: N'Golo Kante makes PSG transfer admission | Football ...

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

the MF has been so injured this season

worst hit of all the positions

no wonder we have continuity issues

we need to sell Kante as his injury path is only going to get worse

he is like Hazard in a way

years of brutal play are catching up

he just is not built like a little tank like Makélélé was

We keep saying that we need to sell Kante ... the thing is who is going to defend if he is gone ... No one in the midfield is capable of doing it not even Kovasic... , Under Sarri and Lampard he was pushed into an advanced role which actually screwed us. 

I m glad that Lampard has moved him into his preferred position ... Yes  agreed there are those injuries issue but i hope it's just a phase ... still for me it makes no sense to sell the best DM (by a mile) we have ... 

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Lampard has to start sticking to his guns and stop all this chopping and changing...

I've just been on the phone to someone who is an Everton fan and even he said "How the fuck does Tammy Abraham start over Giroud" and it's right, it is like FL doesn't want to rock the boat with his young lads.

He needs to grow a set and quickly.

Before yesterday, Giroud started the last 2 league games and generally has been favoured over Abraham. I did expect Giroud to start yesterday myself and Abraham come in on Tuesday but I don't think FL is scared to rock the boat as Abraham has been benched quite frequently recently. He took Mount off at H/T yesterday and in the cup game and also has bought Werner and Ziyech where Mount and Abraham will know they have serious competition.

2 minutes ago, Stats said:

Before yesterday, Giroud started the last 2 league games and generally has been favoured over Abraham. I did expect Giroud to start yesterday myself and Abraham come in on Tuesday but I don't think FL is scared to rock the boat as Abraham has been benched quite frequently recently. He took Mount off at H/T yesterday and in the cup game and also has bought Werner and Ziyech where Mount and Abraham will know they have serious competition.

My point is he keeps chopping and changing, and it's quite clear to anyone Giroud is the better of the two players and offers us so much more. Playing Sheffield United who are both physical and have some big players that Giroud should of been starting to give us that muscle and aerial threat, but he went with TA again. 

3 minutes ago, ulsterchelsea said:

Bit of a derail going on here. Shouldn't this discussion be in the match section? 

Agreed.

Please could all members now discuss this in the match section of the Sheffield United game please.

Thanks.