Kai Havertz

Blues11

45 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

We keep saying that we need to sell Kante ... the thing is who is going to defend if he is gone ... No one in the midfield is capable of doing it not even Kovasic... , Under Sarri and Lampard he was pushed into an advanced role which actually screwed us. 

I m glad that Lampard has moved him into his preferred position ... Yes  agreed there are those injuries issue but i hope it's just a phase ... still for me it makes no sense to sell the best DM (by a mile) we have ... 

if we sell Kante we can buy Rice 

we do not have to move Rice to CB until we buy another DMF (probably next summer)

Kante's value will plummet after this window

and in Lamp's system, he is NOT capable of playing the sole 6 in a 3 man midfield

he is not technical enough, Rice is

Kante only is WC in 2 man pivot

who is going to be that 2nd MFer IF we do not buy Rice (and keep Kante, which WOULD work I am sure, but we truly are now talking about massive outlays and taking away massive sales)?

from what I recall Kovacic and Kante in a 2 man pivot did not work out well

Jorginho and Kante in a 2 man pivot is huge fail

not at all sold on Gilmour and kante in a 2 man pivot either

Barkley (who needs to be sold ASAP) and Kante? hard pass

Same for Mount and Kante or RLC and Kante

if we want to ru a 2 man pivot we need to buy a partner for kante

and the money is grim to do that, given all our other needs

I am NOT sold on Kante as the deep MFer in a 3 man MF

not with who we have atm, especially our TRASH CB's

they all are shit on the ball save for the woeful in all other areas AC

we need to liquidate on a grand scale and fill in the pieces

and Lamps is really wedded to a 3 man midfield, which makes Kante square peg, round hole

he is no Rodri or prime Busquets

if he was all that and a bag of chips as the deep mid

then why has he barely been played there?

Lamps always jams him in at RMF, which is and has been (same as Sarri did) a fail

buy Rice, 2 CB's, a LB, a GK and Havertz without selling kante and I am all in for a 2 man pivot

like I posted earlier this week

we could even run a 4 4 2 double 6 then

New GK

New CB (lawd knows there are 10 plus it could be)

New CB or if not, Rudiger as the other main CB

New LB (should be Theo Hernandez IMHO, or Digne or Telles)

RB Azpi/Reece

double 6 A Rice

double 6 B Kante

LW/LMF Pulisic

RW/RMF Ziyech

LCF Werner

RCF Havertz

then summer 2021 buy another great DMF (if we want to shift Rice to CB a bit more or IF we then sell Kante) and (if Reece is not working out) Nordi Mukiele at RB

plus fill in as needed

the cost is the issue to doing all that, it is insane outlays and we desperately need to raise revenue

24 minutes ago, Vesper said:

buy Rice, 2 CB's, a LB, a GK and Havertz without selling kante and I am all in for a 2 man pivot

I m more for this because I dont believe in selling Kante specially when we arent like other club who need to sell to buy ... 

I have some hope for Kante + Kovasic or Mount in the 2  ... Somehow I feel Mount could pair up well with Kante (wishful). Like i said with Lampard pushing him to the defensive end on the 3 with better defence (hopefully) it could work. 

Just now, coolhead23 said:

I m more for this because I dont believe in selling Kante specially when we arent like other club who need to sell to buy ... 

I have some hope for Kante + Kovasic or Mount in the 2  ... Somehow I feel Mount could pair up well with Kante (wishful). Like i said with Lampard pushing him to the defensive end on the 3 with better defence (hopefully) it could work. 

I asked that (Mount in a  2 man pivot, and Kovacic too),a while back

never got an answer from anyone that I recall

Just now, Vesper said:

I asked that (Mount in a  2 man pivot, and Kovacic too),a while back

never got an answer from anyone that I recall

Must have missed it :) 

Off late I started realizing that Mount can be like a Joker card for us ... He really covers the pitch well, presses well, good going forward and can defend (okiesh) ... If he can complement Kante or the DM we are set. Thats why i was so glad when Kante's role was changed post restart. Yes Mount hasnt done much in the game we lost but let's see ... wishful thinking. 

7 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

well fuck

I can see me having a raging rest of summer IF we cock this all up

Havertz at Liverpool or Shitty or Manure is my worst nightmare

blowing CL this year could be a partial club chances destroyer going forward if it costs us him and perhaps others

I always think in a future-forward projection mode, and this has been my worry for most of the year, as it can cause multiple dominoes to fall that end up seriously damaging our future hopes and chances

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am now back into full rage mode :rant:
Yeah, I am furious too. I still am not able to study again because of yesterday. This midfield and defense was so horrible that I am still not over it.

I just hope we get into CL and we at least get a new GK and CB. Havertz would be nice too. But we have also other problems

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, ulsterchelsea said:

I honestly don't think signing havertz will remotely stop us signing defenders etc

It might if we don't qualify for CL. 

Matt Law said the other day if we do qualify for CL, then there will be an additional 50 million to spend in the market. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

It might if we don't qualify for CL. 

Matt Law said the other day if we do qualify for CL, then there will be an additional 50 million to spend in the market. 

Obviously that will be a big hit (thankfully Leicester are currently helping us out there) but part of me thinks Roman is up for it this year. Plus we seen to do a more than decent job of balancing the books by getting top dollar for average players. Talk of extra 15 mill if hazard wins the League with Madrid, bakayoko going, possibly jorginho and Emerson. Think we could do it ok

Just now, ulsterchelsea said:

Obviously that will be a big hit (thankfully Leicester are currently helping us out there) but part of me thinks Roman is up for it this year. Plus we seen to do a more than decent job of balancing the books by getting top dollar for average players. Talk of extra 15 mill if hazard wins the League with Madrid, bakayoko going, possibly jorginho and Emerson. Think we could do it ok

On selling the players bit, let's see us sell first before getting far too ahead of ourselves.