21. Ben Chilwell

Strike

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Others may be cheaper but there are different kind of question marks over them.

Also, I can understand people's view over transfer fees but the way some have been going about it here, you would think they are being asked to pay millions from their pocket right now. 

I think this narrative of ‚it’s not your money so why you care about price‘ is short sighted. We care about the club and it’s finances so we don’t  want the Club to buy overpriced players ( which we also find far from outstanding). A deal which could impair the clubs future finances And squad planning even if the deal would be financially doable right now.
You can find something too expensive even if you are not paying yourself just like with any sponsored  purchases. When my employer pays my trainings I don’t automatically pick the most expensive one just because I can cos I know that it might get deducted from my future budget. 

50 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I think@Jason and@Jype should read Leicesters forum. Quite funny and I think most Chelsea fans and Leicester fans agree on Chilwell, which is interesting.

I did, and saw very much mixed feelings. Some think Chillwell is among the best in the PL, some think he's alright and some think he's bad.

And as I've said many times I myself am not yet 100% convinced about his skills either. I've seen some great and some bad performances from him so remains to be seen whether he'll be a good signing or not. But at least I'm willing to give him and Lamps my full backing to show they know what they're doing instead of write him off before he's even joined for fucks sake.

Funny thing about this kind of view is that if Milan fans come here and read about Bakayoko, they will see we have said he's shit and all that and be astounded that they are gonna buy him but when he plays for Milan, he actually looks a decent player and not as shit as we've made him out to be, which is interesting. 
At this point, I don't know why people are still moaning endlessly over this deal. It looks a done deal and am just interested to see how he - and the other signings - will do when the season starts.

There is a huge difference between Bakoyoko and Chilwell. Bakoyoko came from a knee injury and was sidelined for three months before we signed him. He came to a different league after not playing couple of months, not being able to speak english and he played in a 2 men midfield, which clearly does not suit him.
Chilwell already played couple of years at Leicester, he is English, plays in his best position and Leicester fans should be able to make a good assessment overall after seeing him in Pl for couple of years and seeing him in his best position. That is not a fair comparison.
Also, most Chelsea fans and Leicester fans agree on Chilwell. We think he is overpriced and we should not go for him and instead go for cheaper alternatives, which are obviously there, while Leicester fans say that 50 million is a very good deal because he is not worth that money and they can spend on another player that is better and costs less. Some are a little bit sad that Chilwell leaves for 50 million and not the reported deal of 80 million pounds, but they still love the deal. They wanted to rip us off...

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Just now, Magic Lamps said:

I think this narrative of ‚it’s not your money so why you care about price‘ is short sighted. We care about the club and it’s finances so we don’t  want the Club to buy overpriced players ( which we also find far from outstanding). A deal which could impair the clubs future finances And squad planning even if the deal would be financially doable right now.
You can find something too expensive even if you are not paying yourself just like with any sponsored  purchases. When my employer pays my trainings I don’t automatically pick the most expensive one just because I can cos I know that it might get deducted from my future budget. 

No one is saying that is wrong, I get it as I have done it myself but the way some have been going on about it is kinda silly. What is that gonna achieve at this point?

Moreover, those other options that have been mentioned have different kind of question marks over them and aren't certified better than Chilwell and not saying Chilwell are certified better at this point either. For example, if we get one of those options and they can't adapt in the league or struggle in it, then what? We would then have to go spend on a new a LB again. Little money would have been spent, sure, but when you add up all the cost and the trouble of identifying new targets, then it becomes troublesome. After Cole retired, we've bought left backs from other leagues - Luis, Emerson, Alonso - and they have all struggled for one reason or another due to the nature of the league, even though they did well at their former clubs. With Chilwell, even though he costs a bit more, we don't have to worry much about that, about adapting to the league etc. It will be about him getting better, improving etc. Maybe the club also consider that factor in mind.

6 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

There is a huge difference between Bakoyoko and Chilwell. Bakoyoko came from a knee injury and was sidelined for three months before we signed him. He came to a different league after not playing couple of months, not being able to speak english and he played in a 2 men midfield, which clearly does not suit him.

Yet when Bakayoko did play, he still looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights.

8 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Also, most Chelsea fans and Leicester fans agree on Chilwell. We think he is overpriced and we should not go for him and instead go for cheaper alternatives, which are obviously there, while Leicester fans say that 50 million is a very good deal because he is not worth that money and they can spend on another player that is better and costs less. Some are a little bit sad that Chilwell leaves for 50 million and not the reported deal of 80 million pounds, but they still love the deal. They wanted to rip us off...

This.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Moreover, those other options that have been mentioned have different kind of question marks over them and aren't certified better than Chilwell and not saying Chilwell are certified better at this point either. For example, if we get one of those options and they can't adapt in the league or struggle in it, then what? We would then have to go spend on a new a LB again. Little money would have been spent, sure, but when you add up all the cost and the trouble of identifying new targets, then it becomes troublesome. After Cole retired, we've bought left backs from other leagues - Luis, Emerson, Alonso - and they have all struggled for one reason or another due to the nature of the league, even though they did well at their former clubs. With Chilwell, even though he costs a bit more, we don't have to worry much about that, about adapting to the league etc. It will be about him getting better, improving etc. Maybe the club also consider that factor in mind.

13 minutes ago, Jype said:

And as I've said many times I myself am not yet 100% convinced about his skills either. I've seen some great and some bad performances from him so remains to be seen whether he'll be a good signing or not. But at least I'm willing to give him and Lamps my full backing to show they know what they're doing instead of write him off before he's even joined for fucks sake.

You are missing the memo, Jype. We must all argue to the bitter end over the price and alternatives! :readthemessage:

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48548361

Real Madrid are paying an initial 100m euros (£89m) for the attacking midfielder, though bonus payments could see Chelsea receive at least another £60m from the sale of the player.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/eden-hazard-transfer-news-fee-real-madrid-chelsea-a8949931.html%3famp

Hazard has signed a five-year contract to join Real in a deal that could rise as high as £150million once all bonus payments come into play.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7107899/amp/Real-Madrid-confirm-signing-Eden-Hazard-Chelsea-130m-deal.html

Kristof Terreur is in my opinion the most reliable belgium journalist. If he says that we got the 130-135 million from Madrid reaching CL spot and winning La Liga, I believe him when he says that. You might have better sources, I do not. I am only saying what they say, sorry. According to them, rest of the add ons are Real winning CL, winning La Liga and becoming La Liga POTY. And I do not believe Marina is so stupid that we will get the most money from Hazard winning Ballon dor, which gives Real Madrid no money at all and is the leasr likely to ever happen.

those first two articles were based off preliminary reports that were simply wrong

there is absolutely NO WAY that the Hazard deal is worth a potential €167m (£150m) or even more (they claimed it could be even higher)

this is now going into the realm of the absurd

Eden Hazard confirms he is set to join Real Madrid from Chelsea for £88.5m

Deal, subject to medical, could rise to £130m with add-ons
Belgian will sign five-year deal and earn £400,000 a week

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jun/07/eden-hazard-completes-move-from-chelsea-to-real-madrid

Eden Hazard set to sign for Real Madrid after Chelsea agree transfer fee worth up to £130m

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea/eden-hazard-to-real-madrid-chelsea-agree-transfer-fee-worth-up-to-130m-a4161291.html

Eden Hazard leaves Chelsea for Real Madrid in move worth up to £130m

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/06/07/eden-hazard-leaves-chelsea-real-madrid-move-worth-130m/

and now for le coup de grâce

you said

cda2f20ec7eb2be89de2ef90f4579c7f.png

well...........

https://theathletic.com/1201912/2019/09/13/eden-hazard-the-tale-of-the-boy-on-the-fridge/

d37efceac5c0af4d4dd8c0ba32d1691f.jpg

snip

The Real chief executive Sanchez flew to London on June 3 in the hopes of finally striking a deal. Granovskaia told his delegation that Chelsea expected a total fee of around £130 million. At least. “It was 50-50 until the last day,” say sources who were involved in the negotiations. “Chelsea just wanted the money they had in mind. In the end, Real paid the fee. The clubs agreed in principle on Wednesday, June 5. A day later, with Hazard on international duty, his advisers arrived at the Belgian national team’s training ground in Tubize to tell him the good news.

and I still see no definitive link about this mythical 35m euro payment that has been claimed to already been paid

basically all the stories about it being a combined €35m ultimately link back to one ultra dodgy site that is run by shady Nigerians (and even they say the total deal is worth £130m if all the add-ons are hit)

https://sportsration.com/chelsea-set-to-get-at-least-e15m-if-real-madrid-win-la-liga/

you said

27ff79879f3afeefda766a5be0c8e1a1.png

to show you how fucked up these sites are look at the article itself

it is a joke

first they say this

ad9c52433a11b5ed4acd3a442992db99.png

BUT then say this

3230694bbe27086f559cb92682bd5f5e.png

wtf!

AND

some of the other sites' articles that reference that site's article literally just make up numbers that do not even add up, as they switch up shit midstream

finally

T-Markt updates their transfer cost figures as bonuses are met

more proof of that

Coutinho

The initial fee was £108m with £34m in add-ons

his listing now

91a13fa86b6facca1cafbf31091cbae4.png

and his listing right after Barca bought him

06518626e7fa57aa70ab622924a230c3.png

47 minutes ago, Vesper said:

those first two articles were based off preliminary reports that were simply wrong

there is absolutely NO WAY that the Hazard deal is worth a potential €167m (£150m) or even more (they claimed it could be even higher)

Belgian will sign five-year deal and earn £400,000 a week

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jun/07/eden-hazard-completes-move-from-chelsea-to-real-madrid

Eden Hazard set to sign for Real Madrid after Chelsea agree transfer fee worth up to £130m

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea/eden-hazard-to-real-madrid-chelsea-agree-transfer-fee-worth-up-to-130m-a4161291.html

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/06/07/eden-hazard-leaves-chelsea-real-madrid-move-worth-130m/

you said

well...........

https://theathletic.com/1201912/2019/09/13/eden-hazard-the-tale-of-the-boy-on-the-fridge/

snip

The Real chief executive Sanchez flew to London on June 3 in the hopes of finally striking a deal. Granovskaia told his delegation that Chelsea expected a total fee of around £130 million. At least. “It was 50-50 until the last day,” say sources who were involved in the negotiations. “Chelsea just wanted the money they had in mind. In the end, Real paid the fee. The clubs agreed in principle on Wednesday, June 5. A day later, with Hazard on international duty, his advisers arrived at the Belgian national team’s training ground in Tubize to tell him the good news.

and I still see no definitive link about this mythical 35m euro payment that has been claimed to already been paid

basically all the stories about it being a combined €35m ultimately link back to one ultra dodgy site that is run by shady Nigerians (and even they say the total deal is worth £130m if all the add-ons are hit)

https://sportsration.com/chelsea-set-to-get-at-least-e15m-if-real-madrid-win-la-liga/

you said

it is a joke

first they say this

BUT then say this

wtf!

AND

some of the other sites' articles that reference that site's article literally just make up numbers that do not even add up, as they switch up shit midstream

finally

more proof of that

Coutinho

his listing now

I like how much effort u put into your posts. But saying that I don't read any of them, I don't really care for prices and profits and deals in contracts etc thats not my job, I support the chelsea I don't work for them lol 

Belgian will sign five-year deal and earn £400,000 a week https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jun/07/eden-hazard-completes-move-from-chelsea-to-real-madrid

you said
well...........
snip

you said
it is a joke
first they say this
BUT then say this
wtf!

AND

finally

more proof of that
Coutinho
his listing now

Ahh ok, my bad. You won unless I find something else in future.

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

Ahh ok, my bad. You won unless I find something else in future.

I want it (the 35m euros) to be true. I just have not seen it confirmed remotely to my satisfaction.

If we do end up with £130m, then I am going to do a dance.

LOL

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/08/25/ben-chilwell-join-chelsea-five-year-deal-week/

Ben Chilwell is set to sign a five-year deal worth around £190,000 a week with Chelsea later this week.

Chilwell, the England and Leicester defender, will complete his move to Stamford Bridge in the next three days after Chelsea medical staff were satisfied with the results of a scan on the 23 year old’s heel injury.

He missed the final games of Leicester’s season with the injury and had tests on Monday, but Chelsea have no long-term concerns and will press ahead with the deal.

Frank Lampard, the Chelsea manager, had identified Chilwell as his No 1 target for the left-back position and the signing is further proof of the backing he is receiving from the club hierarchy.

The fee agreed with Leicester is understood to be around £50million, with further money due on instalments and add-one.

Chilwell is poised to have a medical in the next 48 hours, bringing an end to an 11-year association with Leicester. He joined the club’s academy at the age of 12 and has now emerged as first-choice left-back for Gareth Southgate’s England squad.

LOL
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/08/25/ben-chilwell-join-chelsea-five-year-deal-week/

Ben Chilwell is set to sign a five-year deal worth around £190,000 a week with Chelsea later this week.
Chilwell, the England and Leicester defender, will complete his move to Stamford Bridge in the next three days after Chelsea medical staff were satisfied with the results of a scan on the 23 year old’s heel injury.
He missed the final games of Leicester’s season with the injury and had tests on Monday, but Chelsea have no long-term concerns and will press ahead with the deal.
Frank Lampard, the Chelsea manager, had identified Chilwell as his No 1 target for the left-back position and the signing is further proof of the backing he is receiving from the club hierarchy.
The fee agreed with Leicester is understood to be around £50million, with further money due on instalments and add-one.
Chilwell is poised to have a medical in the next 48 hours, bringing an end to an 11-year association with Leicester. He joined the club’s academy at the age of 12 and has now emerged as first-choice left-back for Gareth Southgate’s England squad.

So he earns more than Havertz, Ziyech and Kovacic? Lol