21. Ben Chilwell

Strike

Frank got the player he wanted so that's a big plus. Reading Foxestalk over the last few minutes was very, very discouraging however. Still, Ben's here now. It's possible that our setup will suit him better and allow him to make the most of his attributes. 

5 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Frank got the player he wanted so that's a big plus. Reading Foxestalk over the last few minutes was very, very discouraging however. Still, Ben's here now. It's possible that our setup will suit him better and allow him to make the most of his attributes. 

Tbf, if we read the willian thread, you would think arsenal got a semi professional footballer. Fans tend to do that.

What we have seen off chilwell, I think he will be great. If we had done this deal in 35m£, then most on here would have been very happy. Nonetheless, we have got a good player who is a definite upgrade over our last season's options.

Just now, Puliiszola said:

Tbf, if we read the willian thread, you would think arsenal got a semi professional footballer. Fans tend to do that.

What we have seen off chilwell, I think he will be great. If we had done this deal in 35m£, then most on here would have been very happy. Nonetheless, we have got a good player who is a definite upgrade over our last season's options.

True, but fans' assessments are seldom so wrong as the Leicester fans posting this afternoon would need to be for us to be highly confident that we've signed a genuine £50m player. We're in the hoping phase now. :)

16 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

think of it like breaking up with your ex girlfriend, you never sing her praises lmao

Just now, BluesMadLad said:

think of it like breaking up with your ex girlfriend, you never sing her praises lmao

No the comments don't come under that heading at all. Even the ones trying to be positive and encouraging are including comments like, 'not bothered at all that he's gone'. As I say, very discouraging but we can only hope that we'll see Ben prove them all wrong.

52 minutes ago, Jype said:

I think Matt Law beat him to it even earlier, saying in October-November last year that the club are targeting Chillwell for a summer move.

Both good sources either way.

Matt Law is my go to guy for reliable Chelsea source. 

1 minute ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

No the comments don't come under that heading at all. Even the ones trying to be positive and encouraging are including comments like, 'not bothered at all that he's gone'. As I say, very discouraging but we can only hope that we'll see Ben prove them all wrong.

I have no doubt he will, young attacking left back can deffo see a few assists for him this year, biggest plus point I don't have to watch the slow lanky donkey tracking back like he's late home 

This is a decent one...

Disappointing that he left but inevitable with the wages offered. 

He wasn't as good last season as he was in 2018/19 and perhaps not as good as fuchs defensively but still a big loss to us. A much bigger loss to us than Maguire.

Edited 12 minutes ago by Blue ROI

Just now, Pizy said:

There's an international break after the second match right? So hopefully Chilly will only miss the first 2 matches and then by the time that break is over he'll be ready.

Nope, after the 4th league game in October. There's one coming up next week though...

The difference is that the upgrade from what we had is bigger.

Also he's 22. He can still get better.

Club interviews need to be taken with a pinch of salt and all but he seemed happy to be here and on board with what the club want.

If he tracks back in the 93rd min when it's 2-2 vs West ham then he's already an upgrade on alonso and I think he'll do that.

KTBFFH