Declan Rice

NikkiCFC

4 hours ago, Jype said:

I'd love to have Rice at Chelsea but maybe not this year. He'll be too expensive and with Jorginho-Kante-Kovacic all performing well under Tuchel there's really no need to spend so much on him right now. Only way I could see a deal being struck is if Tammy goes to West Ham as part of the deal and the clubs can negotiate a deal that benefits both clubs equally, otherwise it's better to wait another year or two and see if he can then replace Jorginho as a starter when he'd also be cheaper to buy (assuming he doesn't extend his WHU contract in the meanwhile).

3 good options but would still like one more player who can bolt the midfield defensively.

On 19/07/2021 at 16:21, Azul said:

Camavinga in my opinion is extremely overhyped. Tchouameni is miles better. However we have to keep in mind that he's 18 years old and could change in the future. He's just not ready for a big step up.

Not sure how you can say that.

I mean I doubt anyone watched Tchoumeni at Bordeaux here (unless we have some hidden Bordeaux supporting users) and really, he only played 3 games the season before last for Monaco. Lot of talk of him being a good player but Bakayoko was very much the same and flopped horrifically after one standout season.

Do agree Camavinga is a bit overhyped and he had a poor year last season but, at the same time, Tchoumeni is probably getting similar plaudits and links that Camavinga got the season before last where he was very impressive for Rennes. 

Would say its hard to say ones ‘miles better’ than the other all things considering they’ve both really only had one pretty good season by the sounds of it. 

12 hours ago, Jype said:

Rice playing alongside him was one of the reasons Phillips looked so good for England. Rice might not be as flashy but despite being 3-4 years younger he's definitely the better and more experienced player of the two.

And that's not me saying Phillips is a bad player, on the contrary I rate him highly as well but Rice is still a better player and I've got no doubt by the end he'll have had a better career than Phillips.

I'd love to have Rice at Chelsea but maybe not this year. He'll be too expensive and with Jorginho-Kante-Kovacic all performing well under Tuchel there's really no need to spend so much on him right now. Only way I could see a deal being struck is if Tammy goes to West Ham as part of the deal and the clubs can negotiate a deal that benefits both clubs equally, otherwise it's better to wait another year or two and see if he can then replace Jorginho as a starter when he'd also be cheaper to buy (assuming he doesn't extend his WHU contract in the meanwhile).

Have to disagree.

Phillips was definitely much better throughout the Euros I felt bar the first 50/55 minutes v Italy in the final where Rice was excellent to be honest. 

His use of the ball is also much better although still England were too safe in midfield in terms of trying to break the lines and play into the front players. Rice will never be a top club player unless he improves that. You cannot simply be a top midfielder these days if your technically not good enough to play forward and play whilst under pressure.

Its no surprise once the Italians pumped up the pressue second half v England that Rice (and Phillips also) struggled severely to get a grip on the game again. They kept losing the ball. 

Phillips would probably suit our team more than Rice bar the fact he isn’t exactly big physically. Better passer of the ball. Plays in a team who always/usually dominates the ball, playing through the lines although I think where he plays for Leeds, as a 6, its his best role.

14 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Not sure how you can say that.

I mean I doubt anyone watched Tchoumeni at Bordeaux here (unless we have some hidden Bordeaux supporting users) and really, he only played 3 games the season before last for Monaco. Lot of talk of him being a good player but Bakayoko was very much the same and flopped horrifically after one standout season.

Do agree Camavinga is a bit overhyped and he had a poor year last season but, at the same time, Tchoumeni is probably getting similar plaudits and links that Camavinga got the season before last where he was very impressive for Rennes. 

Would say its hard to say ones ‘miles better’ than the other all things considering they’ve both really only had one pretty good season by the sounds of it. 

Have to disagree.

Phillips was definitely much better throughout the Euros I felt bar the first 50/55 minutes v Italy in the final where Rice was excellent to be honest. 

His use of the ball is also much better although still England were too safe in midfield in terms of trying to break the lines and play into the front players. Rice will never be a top club player unless he improves that. You cannot simply be a top midfielder these days if your technically not good enough to play forward and play whilst under pressure.

Its no surprise once the Italians pumped up the pressue second half v England that Rice (and Phillips also) struggled severely to get a grip on the game again. They kept losing the ball. 

Phillips would probably suit our team more than Rice bar the fact he isn’t exactly big physically. Better passer of the ball. Plays in a team who always/usually dominates the ball, playing through the lines although I think where he plays for Leeds, as a 6, its his best role.

I watched at least 5 Monaco games, because Ligue 1 is free on my TV. Saying that he's similar to Bakayoko is very predictable and lazy to be honest no offense. Before we continue to debate whether he's better or not, have you honestly watched him play?

56 minutes ago, Azul said:

I watched at least 5 Monaco games, because Ligue 1 is free on my TV. Saying that he's similar to Bakayoko is very predictable and lazy to be honest no offense. Before we continue to debate whether he's better or not, have you honestly watched him play?

Seen a handful of games this season. As I have of Camavinga. Wouldnt say theres a great deal between them. Camavinga maybe struggled compared to last season but wouldn’t say that theres anyway one is much better than the other, even if they are slightly different players.

On 22/07/2021 at 14:24, OneMoSalah said:

Seen a handful of games this season. As I have of Camavinga. Wouldnt say theres a great deal between them. Camavinga maybe struggled compared to last season but wouldn’t say that theres anyway one is much better than the other, even if they are slightly different players.

Bakayoko and Tchouameni are very different first of all. Tchouameni has better dribbling, passing and awareness overall. 

Tchouameni is better than Camavinga in every aspect of football currently except for dribbling, that's the only thing that Camavinga has over him. That's why I'm saying that he's much better than him. However Camavinga is younger and will improve 100%, but we do not need another kid to come to our club. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 24/10/2021 at 23:49, NikkiCFC said:

I cannot believe the kid signed a five year contract + 1 year option. He is going to have to roll with West Ham for another two years now. I do still have some reservations about his passing ability if dropped into the Chelsea midfield. That said, he does look like he is continuing to steadily improve. 

Edited by King Kante

On 29/10/2021 at 20:08, King Kante said:

I cannot believe the kid signed a five year contract + 1 year option. He is going to have to roll with West Ham for another two years now. I do still have some reservations about his passing ability if dropped into the Chelsea midfield. That said, he does look like he is continuing to steadily improve. 

Looks like he massively improved his attacking skills. 3 goals and 4 assists already this season. That is way better than his stats last couple of years. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You