Declan Rice

NikkiCFC

They can right forget about getting 100m for him. With how many qualiy cms we have right now as well as gilmour and gallagher coming through the ranks along with the re-emergence of RLC, central midfield is the last position we need an addition. Actually we are pretty much set. We should be looking to get a replacement for Thiago Silva and maybe see if an quality upgrade of Ziyech in the winger/am is available somewhere. Maybe identify mid-term successors for Azpi, Jorginho and Alonso but no immediate need for action.

14 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

If WH believe someone will come along and pay 100M plus for him they are day dreaming

Don’t think it’s that far fetched at all. He’s a player that can instantly balance any top team in midfield and provide security to a defense. Something that every team other than us is in need of. 

4 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

They can right forget about getting 100m for him. With how many qualiy cms we have right now as well as gilmour and gallagher coming through the ranks along with the re-emergence of RLC, central midfield is the last position we need an addition. Actually we are pretty much set. We should be looking to get a replacement for Thiago Silva and maybe see if an quality upgrade of Ziyech in the winger/am is available somewhere. Maybe identify mid-term successors for Azpi, Jorginho and Alonso but no immediate need for action.

RLC and Gallagher are much more forward minded and box to box than Rice. They’re both #8’s whereas Rice is a 6. I agree that he won’t be an absolute priority signing. But as a long term Kante or Jorginho successor he should be atop the list at some point.

Just hope neither of the Manchester clubs go sniffing around this coming summer. Liverpool won’t pay 100m. Him at the base of United’s midfield would be sickening. 

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Don’t think it’s that far fetched at all. He’s a player that can instantly balance any top team in midfield and provide security to a defense. Something that every team other than us is in need of. 

RLC and Gallagher are much more forward minded and box to box than Rice. They’re both #8’s whereas Rice is a 6. I agree that he won’t be an absolute priority signing. But as a long term Kante or Jorginho successor he should be atop the list at some point.

Just hope neither of the Manchester clubs go sniffing around this coming summer. Liverpool won’t pay 100m. Him at the base of United’s midfield would be sickening. 

Good point. But in a 3atb system do we even need a real no.6? we saw how kovacic and RLc worked well together, will one of them occasionally dropping deep. i would not mind rice as jorginho successor tbh. I think he has the potential to become far better than jorginho, but not for 100m. Jorginho still has a few more years left in the tank I would wager, so maybe W'hams stubbornness plays in our favour and keeps suitors away until we actually need Rice.

Also I thought our primary prospect for jorginho succession would be Gilmour...

37 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Could see Utd paying £100m for him (or close to that.) 

54 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Lets be honest if he werent Eng and was playing in Laliga he would cost 50-60 max.

1 hour ago, Atomiswave said:

Lets be honest if he werent Eng and was playing in Laliga he would cost 50-60 max.

For sure. The combo of his nationality and his age drive his price up two or three fold.

He’s the type of player you can plug into your XI for a decade so I think the massive outlay is worth it. 

13 hours ago, Pizy said:

For sure. The combo of his nationality and his age drive his price up two or three fold.

He’s the type of player you can plug into your XI for a decade so I think the massive outlay is worth it. 

Ohh he is def quality I agree, I would like to have him back at Chels again but is he needed considering we have such a quality midfield? And we have the likes of conner doing good etc etc

15 hours ago, Jase said:

FDnO46rWQAA-J3a?format=jpg&name=large

Be interesting to see what happens with him exactly in the Summer. Personally, I cannot see us going near him as he is going to be super expensive if he keeps this up (probably approaching Grealish money) as he still has three years on his contract. This doubles with the fact we do not need a CM as with Jorgi, Kova, Kante, RLC and Gallagher we are pretty well stocked and will probably prioritise elsewhere in the squad. 

Utd on the other hand are desperate for a CM and I could see them wanting him and going in with insane money to get it done. However, if West Ham get CL via the Ropey League or 4th and Utd don't get it, I could see him staying at West Ham for another season. 

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

Be interesting to see what happens with him exactly in the Summer. Personally, I cannot see us going near him as he is going to be super expensive if he keeps this up (probably approaching Grealish money) as he still has three years on his contract. This doubles with the fact we do not need a CM as with Jorgi, Kova, Kante, RLC and Gallagher we are pretty well stocked and will probably prioritise elsewhere in the squad. 

Utd on the other hand are desperate for a CM and I could see them wanting him and going in with insane money to get it done. However, if West Ham get CL via the Ropey League or 4th and Utd don't get it, I could see him staying at West Ham for another season. 

In the summer it will be down to two years. And I think its time to look at the future midfield. Jorgi and Kante are in the same age bracket. Kovacic is approaching it. Gallagher looks more suited to an attacking role in our system.

30 minutes ago, Strike said:

In the summer it will be down to two years. And I think its time to look at the future midfield. Jorgi and Kante are in the same age bracket. Kovacic is approaching it. Gallagher looks more suited to an attacking role in our system.

West Ham have a +1 year option that essentially makes the contract he signed a six year one. No way do they not activate it. 

As I said in the past, Lampard has a good eye for talent. 

I still can't believe the job he did with mount. Because if it wasn't for Lampard we wouldn't have mount in our team. 

And when he wanted rice many criticized him but again he has been proven right. 

Lampard should be at the club helping us with the buying of players and identifying them. 

• 8 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You