Declan Rice

NikkiCFC

8 minutes ago, Fernando said:

All Lampard target have turn out great. 

Another Lampard target so club must be like, it will work. 

I said it before Lampard should come back and deal with the transfer because he was good. 

I still think the scouting system in place has to take some credit/more credit perhaps.

The fact Frank didnt know how to use Havertz in 4231 and 433 then also struggled with where to play Werner for ages alternating him between off the side and through the middle makes me think the club maybe had been behind those moves for those players more than Frank. 

Mendy was also recommended by Cech to Frank/the club.

Edited by OneMoSalah

Whilst Rice isn't the best technical player, we can be sure he would give 100% every single game whilst he's in blue, especially with Mount in the team.

I would love to see him back at Chelsea, but not for the ridiculous pricetag West Ham want, he has a long contract too. 

On 06/07/2021 at 16:14, DH1988 said:

Whilst Rice isn't the best technical player, we can be sure he would give 100% every single game whilst he's in blue, especially with Mount in the team.

I would love to see him back at Chelsea, but not for the ridiculous pricetag West Ham want, he has a long contract too. 

Yeah, I am sure he would literally die for the club. However, is lack of ability to break the lines either through his running or passing is a major concern. 

For sure, he would be handy against the likes of a Fat Sam team when they start targeting Jorgi's lack of physical and athletic ability, but does anyone really want him ahead of Jorgi/Kova/Kante when we're playing the likes of City, Utd, Real etc? Not sure. 

For me, with us playing a 3atb, a pure DMF is only really need in special situations. A much better fit for us would be a CM who can score/assist and is ideally not lightweight. 

I am not totally against Rice, but at £70m+ there is a lot better value out there.

8 hours ago, King Kante said:

Yeah, I am sure he would literally die for the club. However, is lack of ability to break the lines either through his running or passing is a major concern. 

For sure, he would be handy against the likes of a Fat Sam team when they start targeting Jorgi's lack of physical and athletic ability, but does anyone really want him ahead of Jorgi/Kova/Kante when we're playing the likes of City, Utd, Real etc? Not sure. 

For me, with us playing a 3atb, a pure DMF is only really need in special situations. A much better fit for us would be a CM who can score/assist and is ideally not lightweight. 

I am not totally against Rice, but at £70m+ there is a lot better value out there.

I would take Rice and Kante in a midfield, depending on what we are playing ahead of them. Kova is a strange one, I watch him sometimes and he is technically so gifted, but so underwhelming at the same time, he could be so much more than he is. There were times I saw Kova and thought it was Hazard, his close control and tight space play is insane, but would I pick him over Jorg? Honestly no, even for Jorgi's faults, he is more valuable to the team. I rate Kova, I really do, he is just under whelming for me, in a sense that I feel he could do SO much more.

Hopefully I've explained that correctly, I'm not bashing Kova.

~edit~ Correct, £70m is an insane price, considering the current market. £50m tops.

Edited by DH1988

5 hours ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

Maybe they plan to play him as a CB with a 3atb system?...

Yeah, makes more sense. However, he would have to play the CCB role and that is currently occupied by Silva and AC. It may be better to wait until next season for Rice as he will have a year less on his contract. 

15 hours ago, King Kante said:

West Ham is talking a minimum of £90-100m and they hold all the cards. They have zero reason to sell, and all the reasons in the world not to. IF they hold onto that side and do some smart upgrades (especially at CB and CF, and yes, they often do stupid buys, but not lately), they are true top 4 contenders.

• 2 weeks later...

How reliable is this guy?

https://twitter.com/rudygaletti/status/1416530714821025793?s=21

🚨📞 #Chelsea-Declan #Rice, bid moment is coming. In the next days, #Blues will be making an offer to #WestHam. #Hammers have already set the price for the 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 midfielder: £80M. 🐓️ #Calciomercato #Transfers #EPL

Edited by pmh1
Added text

3 minutes ago, pmh1 said:

How reliable is this guy?

https://twitter.com/rudygaletti/status/1416530714821025793?s=21

🚨📞 #Chelsea-Declan #Rice, bid moment is coming. In the next days, #Blues will be making an offer to #WestHam. #Hammers have already set the price for the 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 midfielder: £80M. 🐓️ #Calciomercato #Transfers #EPL

Bullshit...we ain't signing Rice at that price.....the only Rice we sign at that price is Fried Rice...

On 06/07/2021 at 12:29, OneMoSalah said:

I still think the scouting system in place has to take some credit/more credit perhaps.

The fact Frank didnt know how to use Havertz in 4231 and 433 then also struggled with where to play Werner for ages alternating him between off the side and through the middle makes me think the club maybe had been behind those moves for those players more than Frank. 

Mendy was also recommended by Cech to Frank/the club.

It is pretty obvious the club have been running transfers for ages, I would say since the third season of Jose Mk1. 

However, as 2016-18 were so disasterous and Conte acted like a dick, people wanted to blame him. 

I think at best, a Chelsea manager gets one-two players per window: 

Sarri - Jorgi

SFL - Chilwell

Etc. 

1 hour ago, Alabama said:

Bullshit...we ain't signing Rice at that price.....the only Rice we sign at that price is Fried Rice...

Yeh it does seem a bit cheap to be fair. And Rice’s stock has only increased during the Euros.

1 minute ago, pmh1 said:

Yeh it does seem a bit cheap to be fair. And Rice’s stock has only increased during the Euros.

What was Rice performance during the Euros?? nothing special at all! I have never find him that much responsive, he is slow and cannot support the attack. He is another upgrade version of Mikel. Phillips was far far better and got pace too.

10 minutes ago, avrobsws said:

What was Rice performance during the Euros?? nothing special at all! I have never find him that much responsive, he is slow and cannot support the attack. He is another upgrade version of Mikel. Phillips was far far better and got pace too.

Rice was absolutely brilliant in the euros.

4 minutes ago, Azul said:

We should buy Tchouameni who's better, younger and way cheaper than him.

What happened to Camavinga talks ? Cech was personally involved in it.

Edited by avrobsws

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You