Declan Rice

NikkiCFC

18 minutes ago, King Kante said:

It is pretty obvious the club have been running transfers for ages, I would say since the third season of Jose Mk1. 

However, as 2016-18 were so disasterous and Conte acted like a dick, people wanted to blame him. 

I think at best, a Chelsea manager gets one-two players per window: 

Sarri - Jorgi

SFL - Chilwell

Etc. 

I don't think it's as one sided as you think, it's probably close to 50/50.

Regarding Conte, his spell was the easiest to spot which players were board signing vs which one were his, his selection patterns was one step below announcing it in the presser. The board signings were largely ignored bar when we played scratch Xl's (Michy, Drinkwater, Barkley) whereas signings he wanted got chance after chance despite underwhelming (Baka, Morata, Zappacosta, Alonso in season 2).

1 hour ago, pmh1 said:

How reliable is this guy?

https://twitter.com/rudygaletti/status/1416530714821025793?s=21

🚨📞 #Chelsea-Declan #Rice, bid moment is coming. In the next days, #Blues will be making an offer to #WestHam. #Hammers have already set the price for the 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 midfielder: £80M. 🐓️ #Calciomercato #Transfers #EPL

Not reliable, if ExWhu, Law, or Johnson haven't said anything this news is most likely fake.

1 hour ago, pmh1 said:

How reliable is this guy?

https://twitter.com/rudygaletti/status/1416530714821025793?s=21

🚨📞 #Chelsea-Declan #Rice, bid moment is coming. In the next days, #Blues will be making an offer to #WestHam. #Hammers have already set the price for the 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 midfielder: £80M. 🐓️ #Calciomercato #Transfers #EPL

It's bloody amusing to see non-local media suddenly giving updates on our transfer dealings...

11 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Not reliable, if ExWhu, Law, or Johnson haven't said anything this news is most likely fake.

Didn't the ExWhu fella tweet something about Rice-Chelsea very recently?

Are we back to 7 players on bench this season? Because if we are I don't see place for Rice in 18 players. 2 Ballon d' Or candidates starting, Kova on the bench and that is it. 

11 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Are we back to 7 players on bench this season? Because if we are I don't see place for Rice in 18 players. 2 Ballon d' Or candidates starting, Kova on the bench and that is it. 

lol

Think the 9 subs rule is here to stay.

On 18/07/2021 at 16:33, avrobsws said:

What happened to Camavinga talks ? Cech was personally involved in it.

Camavinga in my opinion is extremely overhyped. Tchouameni is miles better. However we have to keep in mind that he's 18 years old and could change in the future. He's just not ready for a big step up.

On 18/07/2021 at 17:45, Styl1994 said:

My guess is Rice will move next summer 

I could actually seem him getting to 1 year or a free. Essentially, he only wants to come here. What is the point of us laying out a serious fee if we know we can tell him to just run things down? When is his contract to? 2024? He will still only be 24 at that point, no? 

9 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I could actually seem him getting to 1 year or a free. Essentially, he only wants to come here. What is the point of us laying out a serious fee if we know we can tell him to just run things down? When is his contract to? 2024? He will still only be 24 at that point, no? 

But will West Ham allow that? They aren't exactly a rich club.

5 minutes ago, King Kante said:

What can they do if he doesn't sign? It is not as if they're loaded and can let him rot.

My point is if Rice won't sign a new contract, which doesn't seem like he will, then West Ham have to sell him at some point. They can't afford to let him run down his contract if they want money. 

On 19/07/2021 at 16:21, Azul said:

Camavinga in my opinion is extremely overhyped. Tchouameni is miles better. However we have to keep in mind that he's 18 years old and could change in the future. He's just not ready for a big step up.

I would say that you are a bit more generous towards Camavinga than I am. Others, yourself included, would probably say you are just more realistic to make allowance for his age. Either way I don't believe in Camavinga any more than you do.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

On 18/07/2021 at 17:26, avrobsws said:

What was Rice performance during the Euros?? nothing special at all! I have never find him that much responsive, he is slow and cannot support the attack. He is another upgrade version of Mikel. Phillips was far far better and got pace too.

Rice playing alongside him was one of the reasons Phillips looked so good for England. Rice might not be as flashy but despite being 3-4 years younger he's definitely the better and more experienced player of the two.

And that's not me saying Phillips is a bad player, on the contrary I rate him highly as well but Rice is still a better player and I've got no doubt by the end he'll have had a better career than Phillips.

I'd love to have Rice at Chelsea but maybe not this year. He'll be too expensive and with Jorginho-Kante-Kovacic all performing well under Tuchel there's really no need to spend so much on him right now. Only way I could see a deal being struck is if Tammy goes to West Ham as part of the deal and the clubs can negotiate a deal that benefits both clubs equally, otherwise it's better to wait another year or two and see if he can then replace Jorginho as a starter when he'd also be cheaper to buy (assuming he doesn't extend his WHU contract in the meanwhile).

Edited by Jype

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You