we need to start cashing in (not just the CB's) and sort the GK and back 4

plus grab Havertz

if we want to win the league and CL, it HAS to be done

we are not remotely there yet at all

anyone who thinks this group will grow into that level is delusional IMHO

and I really do mean delusional

it is not going to happen

they are what they are

I think Zouma had three good matches in a row. Zouma may not be the most technical player, but he is one of the most physical players out there. He won in 24 appearances 98 aerial duels. His tackle success is 61%.VVD tackling success is 51% and he won 156 aerial duels, but he played 9 matches more than Zouma. Selling Zouma, our only good defender, would be a big mistake. Sell AC or Rüdiger instead.

We need to get a new goalkeeper and a new CB. That is a must for me. Now it depends on the club. Do we want Havertz, we probably will not buy not that many players after Havertz. If we do not buy Havertz, also buy a new RB or LB. I do not see Kante getting sold because Lampard already said that Kante will remain many more years and Kante probably is happy at Chelsea.

Sadly, I just do not see us buying Milenkovic. Maybe Rice for 70 mio. And playing him as a CB, but that is too risky for me. A guy that played there 15 times and spending 70 mio. is insane

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Good 3 Points but:

1) We really need a entire new Back 5. I would keep Rudiger, Zouma, Azpi and Alonso as back up squad players

2) Gilmour, Timori and Reece James are all excellent players but they need to go out on Loan for one more season, not quite ready for first team at Chelsea. 

3) Sell Mosses, Drinkwater, Bakayako, Emerson, Kepa, Pedro, Mitchy, Jorginho, Barclay, Christensen, 

4) No changes in front except buy Kai Havertz

Next Years A Team

New Keeper

New RB    New CB. New CB.  Alaba

Kante

Havertz                   Mount

Ziyech        Werner      Pulsic

5 hours ago, Strike said:

Gilmour was solid. A bit sloppy but also fought well in the holding role. 

Jorginho should start the next one though. Looked more assured 

Don't quite agree.

He was anonymous in the 1st half., and all at sea in the 2nd with Crystal Palace taking 60% of the possession for long periods of the game.

Anything but solid, IMO.

The instant Jorginho replaced him, we go back to having 70 plus percentage of the ball.

The kid is good, but he has been poor since the restart (barring that one long ball he played to setup a goal in 1 match).

Shouldn't be starting right now when we have crunch fixtures coming up.

At this point, I don't really care who plays in our back 4 (or even in goal).

Its a merry-go-round of idiots.

I know Azpi will never be dropped (and to be fair he defends alright 7 out of 10 times), and will probably include Alonso, simply because he gives an option in attack.

Reece James has looked rusty since the restart, and his defending has never really convinced me.

I don't think the race for top 4 is the best time for him to get match practice as a starter

13 hours ago, killer1257 said:

I have watched him this season 3 times and he did not look good against Boga for instance. To me he seems not as strong, but I have maybe watched the wrong games. It was me that said that haha. Nice memory emoji39.png

I would rather prefer the guy you brought up Milenkovic. He seems like a real physical player. Weight is 90 kg according to wiki

13 hours ago, Vesper said:

Not exactly a tank that Romagnoli guy. Also pretty high body fat percentage for a professional footballer. I would say 80-83kgs at 18-20% bodyfat. Surely his strengths are not in the physical side of the game.

Milenkovic looks in way better shape. I would say that 90kg is about accuarate, does looks asimilar bmi as Romagnoli but much leaner. solid 12% bf.

At this point any defender would upgrade our defence.Christensen looks an absolute shadow of the player he was at Gladbach. Stupid schoolboy error again. You would think he was a smart defender cos he is not a strong or a quick one but think again.

I am not even sure Gary would have caught up with Willian but Willian being Willian the mere presence of a defender would have made him stop and compeltely derail the attack by keeping hold of the ball for ages till the opportunity has passed. Playing on was definitely the right choice, not a fair play issue at all and class from Woy to not dwell on it. Imagine the meltdown if it had been VVD.

Anyway I wish Gazza a swift recovery!

Not exactly a tank that Romagnoli guy. Also pretty high body fat percentage for a professional footballer. I would say 80-83kgs at 18-20% bodyfat. Surely his strengths are not in the physical side of the game.
Milenkovic looks in way better shape. I would say that 90kg is about accuarate, does looks asimilar bmi as Romagnoli but much leaner. solid 12% bf.
At this point any defender would upgrade our defence.Christensen looks an absolute shadow of the player he was at Gladbach. Stupid schoolboy error again. You would think he was a smart defender cos he is not a strong or a quick one but think again.
I agree with your assessment because I am sceptical about his physicality too. I would say he is around 12-15 percent body fat. He just does not have great ab genetics and does also not have the strongest abs in general the way he looks. Pretty bad for a footballer I would say. But Milenkovic looks like a solid guy.

He really looks not that strong and he only plays Serie A. Serie A is nearly not as physical as PL.

I'm still sweating from my arm pits and arse after that last night...

We very rarely do things with ease or fuss. I thought it was cruise control after half an hour and thought we looked good, but then once again the football went to total and utter shite.

We now head into some crucial games, and with that we must stop this Gilmour starting thing and get Jorginho in there as we simply need to get over the line. Gilmour who I like just looks lost and unsure, we cannot have passengers in this run in, simply not viable at all.

Don't get me started on Kepa, I've finished with him, absolute liability.

19 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

I think 5 goals and 5 assists with less than 1500 minutes this season is very solid input from a squad player.

Btw assist against Spurs was for second goal (Alonso).

Agreed, although watching Pulisic since the restart is reducing my sense of the value of counting “assists.“

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

What is the point of Barkley? 

Not really getting this agg with Barkley, he's erratic and takes the phrase streaky to a whole new level but that's why he's a squad player.

I'd get the moaning if he was starting every week but he's not and never will.

10 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Not really getting this agg with Barkley, he's erratic and takes the phrase streaky to a whole new level but that's why he's a squad player.

I'd get the moaning if he was starting every week but he's not and never will.

Even as a squad player, that’s just bad. And you also at least want a reliable squad player, not someone who comes in and could potentially ghosts through games. Remember when Fergie had his Park Ji Sungs, John O Sheas?

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Even as a squad player, that’s just bad. And you also at least want a reliable squad player, not someone who comes in and could potentially ghosts through games. Remember when Fergie had his Park Ji Sungs, John O Sheas?

Well he kind of has been, he may have been poor yesterday but he's largely done allright when called upon, especially in the FA Cup!