• Kovacic
    • Kante
    • Mount
    • Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

I really can't get over how shit our defense is. Years ago when people were calling us boring I took pride on how stable we were at the back. Now I'm forced to watch the comedy slapstick of Azpi, Zouma, Christensen and Kepa :(

All season. All season we’ve dealt with a suspect defence, and the moment we have some sort of form, Lampard changes it. And to makes things worse, he switches Zouma’s position, when he is already suspect positionally. 

This is fucking amateur from Lampard. Shocking 

It's easy to point the blame at Lampard but these are literally schoolboy mistakes which shouldn't be happening at this level. And the alternatives are no better and have all made similar mistakes at stages this season.

I've never been sold on Kepa, and the longer the season goes on he's becoming as important to replace as other areas of the defence.

We've dominated much of this game but yet again we aren't ruthless enough and when this defence plays like this week in week out, we're at a huge disadvantage. The first goal was reasonable (although still avoidable) but the other two goals have been completely our own making.

It's getting tiresome now seeing us repeatedly shooting ourselves in the foot but until we can actually get better players in, we have to keep going with what we've got and on the whole we're still doing very well this season all things considering.

We may legitimately have the worst defense in the entire league. Clown mistake after clown mistake. Can't even do the basics. Zouma especially looks like a 5 year old who suddenly grew into an adult body overnight and doesn't know how to control himself. Christensen has regressed completely. Azpi has lost two steps defensively and offers zero going forward. And Kepa, who was great last season, has been so poor.

We look like Wenger's Arsenal towards the end of his reign.