• Kante
    • Mount
    • Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

Didn't Sarri?

If Kepa does shit like this against Lille, it shouldn't even be a question anymore.

No he didn't bench him for on field performance

I agree kepa is very mistake prone and he ain't worth the price tag and I've never been a huge fan. He just doesn't look the part.

Just now, Pizy said:

Also prone to a calamitous mistake here and there. But yeah, if Rüdiger is ready those two would be my partnership. 

And for God's sake, take the plunge and drop Azpi for good. Emerson and James is the way forward.

Azpilicueta LB is chronic, we need to get away from this, we are not balanced with him there and this is all on FL I'm afraid.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

We need a composed, calm, confident modern CB to partner Rüdiger. Someone who has complete control of his damn body. Zouma is wild and has no football brain. Constantly getting himself into trouble.

The Aké link is looking more and more appealing.

Romagnoli and Skriniar are STREETS ahead of Ake in ever aspect, including size/strength

no problem with bringing in Ake as well

sell Zouma and AC

bring in Romagnoli and Ake or Skriniar and Ake

Romagnoli can be done this January, especially if we make it a player (AC or Zouma) plus cash deal

AC Milan are in the bottom half of the table ATM

4 minutes ago, Hutcho said:

We're not seriously expecting any manager to bench kepa are we?

That's just not realistic at this stage.

we need to find a better backup and soon

an option to plug in IF Kepa keeps up his shit

plus get a goddamn new GK coach

Kepa was fine under Sarri's

Hilario is SHIT

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I still think if we fix our back line and become more dominant, he'd look fine. 

He looked fine last season at least.

Kepa seems to have zero connection with Zouma and Tomori, he constantly anticipates those players to move to different positions than where they are actually going. Watching the 3rd goal, it does look like Kepa is assuming Zouma continues moving forward as you would expect from a player whose team is chasing the game. But because Zouma is standing completely still the pass looks like it's overhit and Everton players manages to intercept it. He hardly had any communication issues like this with Luiz and Rudiger and we overall were far better in these positions last season.

I'm not worried about Kepa's passing in the long-run, it's the weak wrists that need the most work.

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Romagnoli and Skriniar are STREETS ahead of Ake in ever aspect, including size/strength

no problem with bringing in Ake as well

sell Zouma and AC

bring in Romagnoli and Ake or Skriniar and Ake

Romagnoli can be done this January, especially if we make it a player (AC or Zouma) plus cash deal

AC Milan are in the bottom half of the table ATM

romagnoli is their captain and I don't think they will sell him on january at all. the same for skriniar  maybe milenkovic from fiorentina or nkolou from torino may be available 

No he didn't bench him for on field performance  
I agree kepa is very mistake prone and he ain't worth the price tag and I've never been a huge fan. He just doesn't look the part.

That wasn't the question asked.

Either way, people need to drop the "GK coach" nonsense and see things for what they are.

Just now, Antonio8 said:

romagnoli is their captain and I don't think they will sell him on january at all. the same for skriniar  maybe milenkovic from fiorentina or nkolou from torino may be available 

Never said Skriniar in January.

And Romagnoli could force it.

Milan are on a downward crash arc for years.

Those other 2 are not at level of Romagnoli or Skriniar.

In January, Romagnoli is only possible top CB who is doable, and is NOT going to be easy, but must be at least attempted.

10 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Rookie mistakes like that are not on the transfer ban. Just last season we had a top 4 defence so clearly it's on the coaching 

Last season we were incredibly boring and cautious. We should look better defensively when we pass the ball around our defence for 75% of the game and have three deeper midfielders.

Sarri was incredibly lucky that Hazard played the way he did last season, otherwise we would have been struggling to score in a lot of games. 

If Sarri had stayed this season without Rudiger, Kante, Hazard and Loftus Cheek for most of the season I dread to think how bad we would have been. He very likely could have been fielding a back 4 of Alonso, Luiz, Christensen and Azpi with a front three of Pedro, Willian and Giroud and the three in midfield not allowed any freedom to move outside the confines of the middle of the pitch.

Don't get me wrong Lampard has made mistakes and he isn't blameless by any means but he has managed to sort a huge issue for us which was where are any goals going to come from without Hazard and Loftus Cheek. We've become far more expansive and it is having an impact on our defence but I struggle to see how we'd be any better this season if we played more conservatively trying to protect that defence (and still relying on them being good enough to contain teams) because we wouldn't be scoring anywhere near the amount of goals that we are in that manner.

That wasn't the question asked.

Either way, people need to drop the "GK coach" nonsense and see things for what they are.
So are you saying he should bench him for refusing to be subbed in a game over a year ago?

Because if not then of course it only matters if he was benched for on field performance.

He was dropped to make a point about who's in charge and after he paid the penalty of a game he came straight back in as he is better than the backup.

If we are looking for scapegoats blame the guys who decided to spend 80 mil on kepa.

But anyway. We've lost. Onto the next one, let's hope we cut out the individual errors going forwards

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

And Romagnoli could force it.

Milan are on a downward crash arc for years.

That would mean he has a terrible character really.

I am the captain and I am leaving in the middle of the season because the team is in trouble. What sort captain does something like that.

Jorginho simply has to play. He will get rested when he is suspended because he gets booked in every other game. But we have absolutely no midfield control. Just remember Ajax away, we dominated brutally. If it means Kante getting dropped, so be it. But Jojo seems vital to our midfield. Despite Kovacic being in the form of his life. He cannot do it all by himself. Mount is another case of having to be dropped. Get Pulisic in the middle so he can be the attacking playmaker.

This. Jorginho has to play, even if it means dropping Kante.