• Mount
    • Willian
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Abraham
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)
    • James (sub)

1 minute ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Two of the last three matches are at home, think we'll top the group just like Paris will. 

I did not watch a single minute of Ajax this season and I thought they would be similar to last season, but they are miles away from that. Judging be the celebrations at the end, I think our players were also a bit afraid of Ajax's home record, but now that small fear I think it is gone and they will go out at the Bridge for a three pointer I have no doubt about it.

They sold some players I hear.

15 hours ago, Jason said:

It seems that Ajax have problems at HOME in the Champions League against the big teams. Since the start of 2018/19, this is their record:

D 3-3 Bayern Munich
L 1-2 Real Madrid
D 1-1 Juventus
L 2-3 Tottenham
L 0-1 Chelsea

Compare those to their AWAY results against the big sides:

D 1-1 Bayern Munich
W 4-1 Real Madrid
W 2-1 Juventus
W 1-0 Tottenham

We gotta be really careful in the home game against them.

Ive actually meet an Ajax fan travelling and he's adamant they play better in Amsterdam despite result suggesting otherwise.

4 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Ive actually meet an Ajax fan travelling and he's adamant they play better in Amsterdam despite result suggesting otherwise.

Judging by the Valencia result maybe we are doing the same.
Maybe it's psychologial. The anxiety to score early goals.

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:
12 minutes ago, Special Juan said:
Just watch the celebrations when the ref blows the whistle....emoji481.png
Fast forward to 5:24

It was like a knockout game at the very least. Love to see it!

That is exactly what came to my mind and stayed there for some time after the final whistle. That we won a knock out tie. Again, this was just a wonderful European night.

The first set of frames that were shown indicated that Promes was comfortably level. I would not be surprised if this were true that the wrong frame was used when they checked the offside

2 hours ago, Strike said:

The first set of frames that were shown indicated that Promes was comfortably level. I would not be surprised if this were true that the wrong frame was used when they checked the offside

Although last night was our turn to benefit I am firmly against goals being called back for minor offsides. Imagine scoring what you think is a late leading goal in the CL final only for it to be chalked off due to a players bulge being slightly offside? It would instantly deflate the team.

Offside was invented to prevent goal hanging not this. Call up clear and obvious offsides (like for example Van Persie at Stamford Bridge that time) and leave it be.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Although last night was our turn to benefit I am firmly against goals being called back for minor offsides. Imagine scoring what you think is a late leading goal in the CL final only for it to be chalked off due to a players bulge being slightly offside? It would instantly deflate the team.

Offside was invented to prevent goal hanging not this. Call up clear and obvious offsides (like for example Van Persie at Stamford Bridge that time) and leave it be.

What exactly is a clear and obvious offside call, though? How many centimeters can the attacker stray away from the last defender? If you don't come up with a concrete limit, then you leave offside decisions open to interpretation which would see a huge variation in what is allowed or disallowed. That would not be good for the game.

Abraham on the team's togetherness...

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/10/24/kurt-zouma-and-tammy-abraham-on-togetherness-and-patience-provin

‘When he missed the first chance, I knew we’d create another one,’ Abraham said after the game. ‘He would have been frustrated and we were all frustrated but luckily Christian [Pulisic] produced some magic on the left wing and put in a great cross, and Michy finished it. We knew we needed to win so we came here believing in each other and to get the goal at the end was massive for us.

‘These are the kind of performances that we need, coming away to such a great stadium and taking all three points. We had to stay patient because Ajax kept the ball well and created a lot of chances. It’s never easy to play them so we just had to stay together and that’s what we did.

‘We can go as far as possible. We’ve got a fantastic team, our togetherness is unreal and we just have to keep that fighting spirit now.’

Pulisic on the team's improvement...

https://www.goal.com/en-sg/news/pulisic-chelsea-have-a-great-mix-of-youth-and-experience/1lrinyb5qoo6j1rb6bn378dqc3

“It’s tough to say why [things have changed]. I think we put a lot of hard work in and throughout the game, and at half time, we just said to keep going, keep fighting because we’re doing well and the subs are going to come in for tired guys and really make a difference," Pulisic said at the Johan Cruijff ArenA.

“Of course, I was given another opportunity to go in and the manager told me, ‘go in, make an impact, make a difference’ and I’m happy I was able to help a little bit with that.

“I think we have a great mix of youth and experienced players, and I think that’s the reason why we’ve been getting great results lately. I think that’s coming together, we have a great balance.

“Team spirit definitely doesn’t need to be questioned. It’s there and we’re going to keep going. Being the only American, it’s nice; I can go with some of the French guys, the Brazilians. It’s good, it’s a good mix and I’ve been really close with everyone so it’s great just getting to know all of the guys.

“Now we’ve got six in a row, we want to keep going, keep fighting and keep it up and get the best results we can. He (Lampard) says that all of the time, we’re a team, we need every single player on the roster, he’s happy and I’m really happy with how it’s gone.”