23. Conor Gallagher

NikkiCFC

6 hours ago, Vesper said:

Mount collapsed after mid October 2022 (16/10/22 was his last truly good game, a brace v Villa)

one goal (v Bournemouth) and one assist (CL v Dinamo Zagreb and that was on November 2, when we scraped out a 2 1 win) all comps the rest of the season

Sure no argument regarding performances. I just think there are other variables in the mix, which affected a number of players, and would naturally affect more certain types. He's also way too young to be written off esp considering what he has accomplished already. We will find out one way or another in a the coming seasons.

6 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Read again. Obviously mount was overall the better player for us  so far and has achieved more but mount never nailed a position down, he was always a makeshift winger which is not his primary position and he never was consistent. His all round game was always too poor defensively to warrant him a place at his natural position. I also wrote that Conor os about to do it not that he already has 

Heh I for one pretty much considered him a first team player esp for the CL run.
Fair enough on Conor, but my comment regarding opposition still stands; I'd rather see what he does against better players who play at much higher tempo.

On 16/10/2023 at 16:43, Vesper said:

I think another reason Gallagher has improved so much is that he started warming up pre-game to Rudimentary Peni

mummy used to breastfeed me to this, it's why I turned out so good

You must be an only child, else your sibling(s) must be the sweetest, loveliest, person/people imaginable. Nothing else could explain how you survived after putting them through that god knows how many times a day. 🤣

When Conor was an under 18s player, he was the favourite of then manager Jody Morris. I was never convinced however, and was very clear that I did not see a Chelsea future for the young man. I have been challenged on that from time to time over the years and have always promised that, if I proved to be wrong, I would remind people what I said, and acknowledge my error.

So, is it time for me to fess up?

Edited by OhForAGreavsie
Fixed spelling of Conor's first name

9 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

When Connor was an under 18s player, he was the favourite of then manager Jody Morris. I was never convinced however, and was very clear that I did not see a Chelsea future for the young man. I have been challenged on that from time to time over the years and have always promised that, if I proved to be wrong, I would remind people what I said, and acknowledge my error.

Not just yet, sound post though! Conor has improved absolutely, I posted a few times that despite his blue stripes the effort he makes can sometimes get him into trouble, whether that's a rash challenge or positionally or simply receiving the ball and overthinking it, we all remember Tuchel going nuts at him on the touchline? No doubt he's come a long way from that player, which is a credit in itself, I'm keen to see where he is this time next year.

2 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

When Connor was an under 18s player, he was the favourite of then manager Jody Morris. I was never convinced however, and was very clear that I did not see a Chelsea future for the young man. I have been challenged on that from time to time over the years and have always promised that, if I proved to be wrong, I would remind people what I said, and acknowledge my error.

Don't think Connor will be one of the great, in fact I think eventually Lavia would be there, but if Connor can do what Azpi did for Chelsea, I will be very happy with that. While Azpi was a very limited player at times he was a great player to have. 

9 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Everybody praising him last couple of weeks rightly so but I think he is still far away from his Palace form.

he is playing a different role for us (lately and sucessfully) than he did there

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, DDA said:

It truly boggles my mind to watch our fanbase settle for Gallagher being an important player for this club. The standards have dropped beyond what i even thought was possible. Top lad but he has no business wearing Chelsea blue.

If he was foreign he wouldn’t get a game. He could only ever be a starter in an era where we are mid table . 

43 minutes ago, lucio said:

If he was foreign he wouldn’t get a game. He could only ever be a starter in an era where we are mid table . 

It’s tragic we signed three quality mids - Enzo Caicedo and Lavia and the only player who has consistently played in midfield is Gallagher 

40 minutes ago, Strike said:

It’s tragic we signed three quality mids - Enzo Caicedo and Lavia and the only player who has consistently played in midfield is Gallagher 

Yes , even Carney and Ugo are easily clear of gallagher in midfield