23. Conor Gallagher

NikkiCFC

3 hours ago, DDA said:

At least he shows the desire to win and gives everything for the badge. 

You can't deny that... and you can't deny there has been many, many players who have worn this badge who were lightyears ahead in ability but didn't ever show half the passion he shows and we wanted them gone because of it. 

Having said that, I still don't think he will have a place in this team once Lavia is fit and Nkunku returns.

When will they be back? Will they not be fit until next year?

20 hours ago, TheHulk said:

Our fanbase is on par with the club wasting a billion. Hyping every possible clown and pretending he turned some corner and now is indispensable. I saw some praising Cucushit a few weeks ago based on 1-2 games against shit teams.

We deserve our fate honestly, on twitter you see all clowns saying give the fuck Callagher that contract if he hasn't earned it then who does?

That's your problem, get of twitter! 

• 3 weeks later...

Chelsea will consider offers for Gallagher

Chelsea are prepared to listen to offers over £40m for Conor Gallagher in January but are not willing to loan out Noni Madueke in the January transfer window, according to The Athletic.

The 23-year-old has made 16 appearances in the Premier League this season - only missing the 2-1 defeat to Man Utd due to suspension.

He is yet to get on the scoresheet but notched four assists, while ranking among the elite across a raft of defensive metrics - no player has regained possession in the final third more this season.

lcimg-0c163a03-61c9-4f76-a21c-812d9385543f.jpg
lcimg-7100313f-d249-46b0-8375-1fc0d5a82f6b.jpeg

40 minutes ago, lucio said:

Fair price but doubt we will buy an adequate replacement 

I have serious doubts the club is going to give into Poch's demands about wanting another CM, and rightly so. There is much to be argued about the club giving Poch inexperienced players, but as far as central midfielders go we are more than set. Even if we sell Gallagher, we have Lavia coming back, Carney coming back, and we have Lesly at CDM who Poch refuses to play despite having 2 full seasons of senior level football. 

The club giving Poch only 2 years is looking like a very smart move. 

Edited by MoroccanBlue

Personally think if the club sell Connor, it may be the thing to start fracturing the relationship between them and Poch. There are rumours that Poch would like a bit more say in the transfers/recruitment in January so how this goes and any potential sale of Gallagher… this could be a season defining few weeks in terms of how these things play out and will certainly show who has the power, be it Poch or Dumb & Dumber heading up the footballing director roles.

I mean lets be honest. Do you sell a player who didn’t want to leave as he wanted to stay and fight for his future before a ball was kicked and ever since then has become a key player (which he has look at the minutes) the manager plays basically every week, trusts as a captain and has publicly said numerous times he wants to keep?

But yes cue the club selling him and signing some other 16-18 year old that would maybe get a game for Brighton or Monaco in 3/4 years.

Not willing to loan out Noni is also incredibly stupid and typically something we would do. I mean we aren’t selling him on that length of deal. But not loaning him out when he isn’t even remotely close to good enough right now - when we may be able to find him a beneficial loan - yeah…. Typical

Edited by OneMoSalah

There was a story with Scolari (former Brazil and Chelsea manager), who then at Gremio loved this midfielder for his running and dedication to tactical tasks... very much like Gallagher himself. The director of football disliked the player: he asked Scolari to use him less as he was a poor ball hog. Scolari, known for his stubbornness, ignored it.
Some time later, the same director told Scolari that he could not start that player, to which Scolari said something like, "just watch me do that then." The director apologized for not speaking correctly and said that Scolari cannot start the player because he was traded and now plays for a different club. 🙂

I think there was a similar scene in the Moneyball movie. Point being that it's not that uncommon for the leadership to force the hand of a manager.

Conor is an interesting one. He has impressed me this season. 

But - I had my Newcastle mate watch the game and he walked away saying that Conor was garbage and we should get rid of him, in a game many thought he was the best on ground for us. 

Don't chat specifics with my friend apart from roasting each other - but he said what a lot who don't rate Conor said - seems a bit of a cardio merchant and doesn't really impact the game. 

Super interesting to me to hear a non Chelsea fan give their take. And he was the one who brought it up funnily enough. I guess maybe some of us have been blinded given he wasn't as bad as last year? Or maybe its somewhere in the middle? 

2 minutes ago, Thor said:

Conor is an interesting one. He has impressed me this season. 

But - I had my Newcastle mate watch the game and he walked away saying that Conor was garbage and we should get rid of him, in a game many thought he was the best on ground for us. 

Don't chat specifics with my friend apart from roasting each other - but he said what a lot who don't rate Conor said - seems a bit of a cardio merchant and doesn't really impact the game. 

Super interesting to me to hear a non Chelsea fan give their take. And he was the one who brought it up funnily enough. I guess maybe some of us have been blinded given he wasn't as bad as last year? Or maybe its somewhere in the middle? 

Well if he was garbage I’d hate to think what your mate would have thought of Caicedo and Enzo whilst he was on then. Or even the rest of them as he was probably our best player in that match by a country mile.

Maybe he’s on the wind up 😂

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

Yeah….. probably another nobody who will not feature in any Chelsea managers plans now or in 5 years time.

Would go as far as saying now that our insistence on stockpiling u21 players under this ownership is probably going to be much much worse than it was with Roman back in the day.

On 20/12/2023 at 06:58, OneMoSalah said:

Personally think if the club sell Connor, it may be the thing to start fracturing the relationship between them and Poch. There are rumours that Poch would like a bit more say in the transfers/recruitment in January so how this goes and any potential sale of Gallagher… this could be a season defining few weeks in terms of how these things play out and will certainly show who has the power, be it Poch or Dumb & Dumber heading up the footballing director roles.

I mean lets be honest. Do you sell a player who didn’t want to leave as he wanted to stay and fight for his future before a ball was kicked and ever since then has become a key player (which he has look at the minutes) the manager plays basically every week, trusts as a captain and has publicly said numerous times he wants to keep?

But yes cue the club selling him and signing some other 16-18 year old that would maybe get a game for Brighton or Monaco in 3/4 years.

Not willing to loan out Noni is also incredibly stupid and typically something we would do. I mean we aren’t selling him on that length of deal. But not loaning him out when he isn’t even remotely close to good enough right now - when we may be able to find him a beneficial loan - yeah…. Typical

I recall Gallagher being open to a move in the previous transfer window?   From memory, he was keen on the potential West Ham deal.   

As I mentioned about 2 seasons ago, Gallagher is best fit for that squad midfield role where he might not be a guaranteed starter every single game but he'll still rack up 30+ appearances a season simply because he's a physical beast and he doesn't seem to have injury issues like our other midfielders. 

Happy to see him do well under Poch but it will be interesting to see what midfield is picked once everyone is fit (as I don't see Lavia/Carney/Gallagher fitting in the same lineup). 

• 1 month later...
37 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

If this is what Conor is asking, just get it done.

Eh. 

He doesn't fit in our team. If anything, he should be playing as a backup for Caceido and we need someone more creative where he plays. 

13 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

If this is what Conor is asking, just get it done.

They gonna sell him and I think it's the right decision. As a squad player he is okay but as a starter he isn't good enough for Chelsea. I'm confident Chuk and Casadei can have the same impact as him.