23. Conor Gallagher

NikkiCFC

On 02/11/2023 at 17:13, DDA said:

It truly boggles my mind to watch our fanbase settle for Gallagher being an important player for this club. The standards have dropped beyond what i even thought was possible. Top lad but he has no business wearing Chelsea blue.

Interesting. 

People lauded Mata, who I always thought was overrated, and only performed for us during down years, yet Gallagher gets hate. 

On 02/11/2023 at 08:13, DDA said:

It truly boggles my mind to watch our fanbase settle for Gallagher being an important player for this club. The standards have dropped beyond what i even thought was possible. Top lad but he has no business wearing Chelsea blue.

sorry, I  disagree

he has won me over

I hope we do not sell him

1 hour ago, Thor said:

Interesting. 

People lauded Mata, who I always thought was overrated, and only performed for us during down years, yet Gallagher gets hate. 

Gallagher is nowhere near what Mata was for us in his first few years. 

On 04/11/2023 at 20:10, DDA said:

Gallagher is nowhere near what Mata was for us in his first few years. 

On 02/11/2023 at 02:13, DDA said:

This. 

He's improved sure, but the technical level you want from him just isn't there. 

The fact he is captaining our side, is seemingly undroppable, and is leading our midfield just exemplifies the state the club is in and where we are in the table. 

2 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

This. 

He's improved sure, but the technical level you want from him just isn't there. 

The fact he is captaining our side, is seemingly undroppable, and is leading our midfield just exemplifies the state the club is in and where we are in the table. 

Not true, you don't need 11 "technical" players I'd trade 3 or 4 players with heart and passion over technical ability.

Edited by YorkshireBlue

1 minute ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Not true, you don't need 12 "technical" players I'd trade 3 or 4 players with heart and passion over technical ability.

I'd like players with combinations of both. Certainly from one that is now club captain and spearheading our midfield. 

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I'd like players with combinations of both. Certainly from one that is now club captain and spearheading our midfield. 

Both is a luxury we don't have ATM, but atleast are captain shows heart and full of passion and effort.

Conor still frustrating for me but improved considerably from last season, far too rash, bookings and weird to say but simply trying too hard which meant the game passed him by, now he's calmed that down, pressure in the right areas and it's looking very positive. Stats wise he is a beast.

• 3 weeks later...

Talentless donkey , worst player to wear the armband in our history. People acting like he was good suddenly just because his performances had briefly gone from pure dogshit to below average 

Our fanbase is on par with the club wasting a billion. Hyping every possible clown and pretending he turned some corner and now is indispensable. I saw some praising Cucushit a few weeks ago based on 1-2 games against shit teams.

We deserve our fate honestly, on twitter you see all clowns saying give the fuck Callagher that contract if he hasn't earned it then who does?

Edited by TheHulk

At least he shows the desire to win and gives everything for the badge. 

You can't deny that... and you can't deny there has been many, many players who have worn this badge who were lightyears ahead in ability but didn't ever show half the passion he shows and we wanted them gone because of it. 

Having said that, I still don't think he will have a place in this team once Lavia is fit and Nkunku returns.