Super Frank Thread

I think we'll only sack him when we're hovering at mid table come Feb/March. Ironic how when we need to board/Abramovitch to be rash and ruthless they're not because of past experiences. If there is a time, it's now while we can still salvage the season!

Mark Lawrenson explains why Chelsea can’t challenge for the Premier League title 

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/club-news/mark-lawrenson-explains-why-chelsea-cant-challenge-for-the-premier-league-title/

Mark Lawrenson has claimed that he’s “not totally convinced” by Chelsea this season and feels that they should be vying for a top four finish in the Premier League, suggesting that a title bid is beyond them.

The Blues travel to the Emirates Stadium at 5:30pm on Boxing Day for a league fixture against London rivals Arsenal.

Upcoming opponents Arsenal are remarkably 15th in the division table after over a third of the season and haven’t won a league match since 1 November against Manchester United. 

Meanwhile, Chelsea are fifth in the table as it stands, but have just two wins in their previous five league games after hitting a small blip.

BBC pundit Lawrenson has predicted Frank Lampard’s side to draw 1-1 away to Arsenal at the weekend and has raised his doubt about the team.

“I am not totally convinced by Chelsea either. They were on a really good run until the start of December but I don’t think they are consistent enough to challenge Liverpool for the title. The top four is a realistic target for Frank Lampard’s side though,” he told BBC Sport.

snip

I think the most important thing that Lampard need to show is clear improvement in the team. Like many title winning team, us, pool or even city, you can tell the need and once they are met, they turn into title contender. 

Mourinho 2nd stint

We looked good but we can't breakdown deep defense. Fab and Diego came in, done. 

Pool

Klopp build his team pieces by pieces. First few season, pretty much adding quality into the team. Then they neeed a goalscorer, salah. Need a cb and a dm. Vvd n Fabinho done, monster team. 

Pep

1st season, very chaotic but you can tell the biggest problem are his two fb, they were too old to play the style that he want. Signed up 3 fb, done. 

Us, last season biggest need are gk. With willian and Pedro gone of winger are also priority. We also need goalscorer, werner came in. DM is a need but kante as dm is pretty good. We even upgraded our lb and get silva plus havertz. Boom, we still have massive problem and I am not sure what else do we need. 

5 hours ago, communicate said:

Nope

I agree, he will still be a legend, just a shit manager

many great ex players in EVERY sport make shit coaches

has zero bearing on my opinion of him as a player

many of the greatest managers were shit players or never even really played

Mou for example

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

Mou for example

Lamp is Chelsea legend, his legacy as player won't ever be tarnished by his performance as manager in fact if he succeed, it will enhance his reputation. 

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

Mou for example

And Ferguson wasn't he an average player 🤔