• Barkley
    • Pedro
    • Willian
    • Morata
    • Hazard (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)

2 minutes ago, Henrique said:

Haha. Some people here dont have a clue about the game. Its pretty clear the problem here is the team got no midfield att all.  Arsenal players are free in the edge of the box. Kante, Barkley and Jorginho are complety clueless when Arsenal os creating chances from the sides, leaving the oponents free to shoot.

As a fullback you can't let that many balls along the ground in as well. 

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, manpe said:

Same lol, I just started watching and instantly we concede 2 :D Tho I will watch 2nd if I can. However watching this game Conte may have been onto something by playing 3 CBs  :finger:

shocking defending is costing us big time, what a waste, leading 2-0 and now this shit show

I have never seen us play better in the last 5 or 10 years in that first 20 minutes. I could not believe how well the ball was moving and the chances being created. 

Then again, I have never seen us so easily picked apart by the same play. Shocking.

It seems like when our midfielders retreat back to defend in our box, they go way too deep. The cut backs are being played with Kante facing  our goal! 

Most worrying this seeing Alonso and Azpi just allowing Iwobi and Bellerin acres of space to run into. You have to engage them tighter. Letting them just build up a head of steam and run. Recipe for disaster.

Pretty obvious what happen, two new managers trying to change their team playstyle. Both team looks confused defensively. Our pressing is still confusing, when arsenal player overload the flank, we are also confused on who should provide cover. Is it the cb or the winger job. Our midfield 3 is also confused. 

Under Conte, we could defend but couldn't attack to save our lives. Under Sarri, it's the opposite. Banter.

He's not helping himself with his choices. AC should be starting and Emerson warrants a place on the bench at the very least.

Can't keep the same XI on the field for the second half.

5 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

Yeah and who's to blame for the countless opportunities of crossing from the flanks? When you allow your opponent to put the ball in the box so easily, anything can happen.

Can we agree a player cannot defend against two opponents exchanging passes? Classic overlaps. In the 2 goals the fullbacks are beaten but not by a single player, but 2 or more doing overlaps.

the mids need to track back to stop that. THe cbs cannot leave their position, otherwise they create another hole. Kante? Or Jorginho actually did run to help alonso then he stopped tracking the player.. weird

it’s the middle... maybe just mechanics which are still rusty.

Just now, Pizy said:

It seems like when our midfielders retreat back to defend in our box, they go way too deep. The cut backs are being played with Kante facing  our goal! 

Most worrying this seeing Alonso and Azpi just allowing Iwobi and Bellerin acres of space to run into. You have to engage them tighter. Letting them just build up a head of steam and run. Recipe for disaster.

Nah not the fb fault, they are being overloaded, the problem is who shpild provide cover, is it the midfield 3 or the winger. We just look confused