• Kante
    • Barkley
    • Pedro
    • Willian
    • Morata
    • Hazard (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)

I only watched the 2nd half and missed the 1st. Hazard and Kovacic were amazing. The former is standard but the latter was fantastic. All of a sudden positive about the season than I've ever been. We still need to do something about Luiz for Christensen. I just dont see Luiz surviving as a starter throughout the season. Alonso will get a pass from me for now. :D

Amazing match and football. I can't believe we're playing this sort of football now. That was better than anything we played last season entertainment wise. 

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, communicate said:

60 minutes 2 assists, shoot more please hazard.

Btw 2nd half suddenly the cutback is no longer much of a problem anymore. 

Giroud will start over Morata if Morata continue to play like this. Watching Giroud play is like how I want Morata to play. 

lol Morata scores, he sucks. 

Morata doesn't score. He really sucks. 

OK.

I want to say that was a great win but more relieved than anything else to take the 3 points after the horrific last 15 minutes of the first half. 

First 30 minutes - Excellent. Good movement and passing as well as exploiting Arsenal's high line, something we rarely do under previous managers whenever we play teams with a high defensive line.

Following 15 minutes - The less said, the better. A debacle.

Second 45 minutes - Good, controlled and measured performance. Maybe it was owed to Arsenal looking more interested in defending the 2-2 but did well enough to prevent any clear goalscoring opportunities and still look threatening going forward. 

3 minutes ago, sir_volrath said:

Why didn't Hazard just shoot himself? 

thats the difference between a ruthless goalscorer like Messi or Ronaldo and Hazard right there, if you have the skill and ability just go for it, he should do it more often, that would have been 4-2 right there, in the end it wasnt decisive and yet another save for Cech who was playing a blinder and kept Arsenal in it, i feel that many times we are too wasteful in front of goal and on another day it bites us in the ass. Thank God for Alonso's goal and the 3 points, but it doesnt reflect the true story of the game, we were lucky Arsenal werent ruthless today, we need to step up big time in defense. damn it felt like ages since we beat this lot, it felt so good to beat them. Cheers and KTBFFH

Seems like the way we need to defend is to just keep on attacking. After we scored we didn't park the bus, we kept playing our game and Arsenal never saw the ball. Kovacic was superb when he came on and will be a huge asset to us. If the team that finished the game tonite starts next week I would be confident of a result. Willian started well but disappeared off the scene quickly. And Kepa seems a little suspect. But we won, are top of the league, and haven't yet perfected our style, so I'll take that for now.

On 8/17/2018 at 4:24 PM, Mana said:

Nah, can't see Morata scoring. He'll probably F up like he usually does against Arsenal.

On 8/17/2018 at 5:16 PM, Mana said:

But back to this game, I want us to win (because it's way overdue against these feckers) and if we are going to win, it won't be because of Morata. I'm just sayin'.

Never forget. :P 

Total domination until the meltdown.

Progressively returning to possession, with hazard and kovacic just too much for Arsenal to hold.

I've got to say that it's definitely a scare but we have to congratulate the team for the performance, we are adapting to sarri style faster than expected and the difference is visible.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Thor said:

lol Morata scores, he sucks. 

Morata doesn't score. He really sucks. 

OK.

Nah, you should see most of my post about Morata. I have defended him so many times. Yes he scored and yes his overall holdup play today  is decent but today Giroud holdup play is eveb better and they way Giroud press, defend and fight is the way I want Morata to play.

I have said it countless of times since last season, Morata need to go to they gym and get much2 stronger the same with kepa who I thought should have saved mhky shot 

Excellent second half performance. Chels were suffocating Arsenal. I was just waiting for Chels to score. It took a while but it eventually happened, and it was completely deserved.

Alonso was a beast. His late runs into the box are a problem. When Chelsea control the ball and get forward, he will be a very useful asset. And he was good outside of the goal and assist. Good touch, calm and clever passing and really covered that left flank well.

Jorginho's positioning is fuxking excellent. I love midfielders who know how to move. He's always in the right positions, providing passing options. Body constantly in the correct direction to turn into space. Accurate and strategic passer. Very intelligent in his decision-making. Knows when to keep it simple or when to go for the forward pass. Never afraid to play an early ball in behind or ping a through ball. The sight of this type of midfielder in a Chelsea kit makes me so happy.

Hazard is a boss. A game changer. He was bloody unstoppable. His timing when going for the burst and dribble was impeccable. His control over the ball simply too much to handle. They were shaking in their boots only a minute after he entered the pitch. There was no way he wasn't going to influence the score.

Kovacic showing very encouraging signs. Moved into the right spaces and was very confident on the ball. Nice instant chemistry with Hazard. I'm excited about the prospects of that Jorginho-Kovacic-Hazard link up.

2 minutes ago, communicate said:

Nah, you should see most of my post about Morata. I have defended him so many times. Yes he scored and yes his overall holdup play today  is decent but today Giroud holdup play is eveb better and they way Giroud press, defend and fight is the way I want Morata to play.

I have said it countless of times since last season, Morata need to go to they gym and get much2 stronger the same with kepa who I thought should have saved mhky shot 

Giroud playing for 15 minutes, I don't think he did any more than Morata, he had one chance and it was saved. Our pressing in general needs worked on still in some instances but promising signs don't think Morata not pressing was due to anything other than instructions at times, he spent a lot of time splitting the centre backs. Giroud cant be Morata and Morata cannot be Giroud as they are 2 different types of players, lets be frankly honest. Its like wanting Azpi to be Marcelo. 

Alonso's second half performance was brilliant. Kovacic just what we need. Great team performance, minus the defensive hick ups.

6 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Giroud playing for 15 minutes, I don't think he did any more than Morata, he had one chance and it was saved. Our pressing in general needs worked on still in some instances but promising signs don't think Morata not pressing was due to anything other than instructions at times, he spent a lot of time splitting the centre backs. Giroud cant be Morata and Morata cannot be Giroud as they are 2 different types of players, lets be frankly honest. Its like wanting Azpi to be Marcelo. 

Hopefully there is a recording for today's game and you can see how different Giroud play as no 9. He is slow and finisiing is crap but just watch how he fight and press. Those two things are important if Morata want to succeed in PL. PL value physicality especially for a no 9, the way Morata play is just too soft for EPL. 

I am more convinced than ever that we were fools to not sell Willian to Barca for £65m or even better do the swap deal with Manure for Martial. Also, I REALLY want AC to start over Luiz. Barkley looked decent but Kovacic is at another level. Alonso is going to be the starter, we just have to accept his defensive shortcomings. Kante needs to be used as a DMF, he is the best in the world at that postion. Making him go forward is a waste and exposes Jorginho. I so hope Hazard starts the next game. Kepa was oki, I expect him to settle in more each game. He is very calm with ball at hus feet, which is so important.

All in all, a learning experience AND we got the 3 points against a top 6 team.