Mateo Kovacic

Unionjack

• 2 months later...

We got this this guy kinda as a random grab from clearance bin, he put on a solid shift for years, stepped up when it was need to step up and got into slump as everyone else. No harsh feelings really, can kinda understand he was looking for a change.

Excellent player and left us with Silverware. Good luck, but too much. 😉 

Even with his lack of finishing, I feel that he could've become a top CM if he just a bit more fitness to spare: like a bit more stamina and power to withstand games in a row. It seems he always thrived when well-rested.

Can't hate on him for wanting a change. I think he realises Chelsea is going through a revolution and its best he relgihts the fire of desire somewhere else, that being Man City. Thanks for the World Class performances during the CL glory. 👍🔵👍

1 minute ago, DDA said:

Can't hate on him for wanting a change. I think he realises Chelsea is going through a revolution and its best he relgihts the fire of desire somewhere else, that being Man City. Thanks for the World Class performances during the CL glory. 👍🔵👍

Did we even put any effort to extend him tho? 

40 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Did we even put any effort to extend him tho? 

Didn't he make it pretty clear that he was keen on a new challenge with 1 year left on his contract?   Probably didn't want to go through a rebuild type season

37 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Didn't he make it pretty clear that he was keen on a new challenge with 1 year left on his contract?   Probably didn't want to go through a rebuild type season

Yeah, I cannot blame him. We are absolutely crap shooting with our rebuild and, even if it goes well, we're looking at, at least, two seasons of ebuild before we can start competing again.

Going to City in that situation was incredibly logical. 

Edited by King Kante

• 3 months later...
28 minutes ago, Mário César said:

Picking through a Man City forum after arguably his first and only very poor game for City is very suspect, has been very good barring today by all accounts. Even reading that page, maybe 3 bad comments. Hardly priceless…. just makes you look like a bit of a plonker if I’m honest 😂

16 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Picking through a Man City forum after arguably his first and only very poor game for City is very suspect, has been very good barring today by all accounts. Even reading that page, maybe 3 bad comments. Hardly priceless…. just makes you look like a bit of a plonker if I’m honest 😂

ehehehe

Wouldn't say he's been good for them or bad, one performance really under par, otherwise just a body in their midfield. The trouble comes about when they replaced a goal scoring midfielder with a non goal scoring midfielder, simple as that.

• 2 months later...