Jorginho

Unionjack

1 hour ago, El P. said:

Exactly.

I actually blame Kante to some extent. I saw many City's counters and he was nowhere to be seen. Sarri said himself - Kante needs to sit deeper when we are attacking on the left side. I have feeling in general that Kante isn't balancing his attacking and defensive duties well.

But no one will criticise him, because he is Kante. He is always the best, no matter what he does.

Even in 4231 most of the time one of the dm will go forward unless both fb push forward. Against big team I am personally not big fan of Jorginho as holder, he is not athletic enough. 

Against city, Sarri was the problem. Playing open game against city with this team in this form is just suicide 

But for me one problem at a time. We need to fix our pressing because we are playing with David luiz and Alonso in back 4. 

Jorginho is a good player but defensively he is getting no help and attacking wise he is not seeing enough of the ball. 

Once he is pressed by the opposition attackers, it leaves David Luiz breaking out of defense as the player who sets up the attack and he is very hit-and-miss with his distribution. I know sometimes he pulls of ridiculously good long balls but I would rather have someone with intelligence to pick out pockets of spaces or see where a simple pass can be made rather than have Luiz raise his head and launch it forward every now and then. 

5 hours ago, El P. said:

Exactly.

I actually blame Kante to some extent. I saw many City's counters and he was nowhere to be seen. Sarri said himself - Kante needs to sit deeper when we are attacking on the left side. I have feeling in general that Kante isn't balancing his attacking and defensive duties well.

But no one will criticise him, because he is Kante. He is always the best, no matter what he does.

All of them were guilty of ball watching when balls were played in. Thought I was watching Arsenal at home again. 

His defensive and offensive contribution definately depend on collective game too, but I can say his long balls are beyond shit for a while now.

For someone who plays a role where you have to be pass master, his long passing is realy realy bad. He just flicks them way too hard and they end up too far ahead of our players. 

Not to mention his short passing. He has this weird habbit of rarely passing the ball on the ground. He hoofs it in mid-air and its hard for his teammates to control it. 

5 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

His defensive and offensive contribution definately depend on collective game too, but I can say his long balls are beyond shit for a while now.

For someone who plays a role where you have to be pass master, his long passing is realy realy bad. He just flicks them way too hard and they end up too far ahead of our players. 

Not to mention his short passing. He has this weird habbit of rarely passing the ball on the ground. He hoofs it in mid-air and its hard for his teammates to control it. 

It really is bizarre. What has happened to him? I remember him joining us in pre-season and during his 45 minutes I thought to myself that's a proper midfielder. Now he can't even pass the ball

When was the last time a top class player came to Chelsea and was top class still 6 months later? Somehow players always get gradually worse at this club

13 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

It really is bizarre. What has happened to him? I remember him joining us in pre-season and during his 45 minutes I thought to myself that's a proper midfielder. Now he can't even pass the ball

Which is why I was all for Paredes. Get some healthy competition within our most important role in have the team tick. 

Can't believe some people here still believe in such player...his weakness are there to be seen since that Arsenal games many months ago, when the team won 3x2. Its clear back then that team is ultra exposed when don't have the ball, because his positioning and defensive skills are bad as you name it.

20 hours ago, Clockwork said:

Jorginho could be positioned on the RCM, where he could still effectively help the buildup and distribute while being relived of protecting the back four.

I personally think Jorginho role is very difficult what he is asked to do, he is basically asked to be Busquets and Xavi on this team. Kante alone can definitely not fill Jorginho role, and i am not sure how can do that definitely no one at Chelsea though. 

Well even then in that Barca team, the midfield had flexibility. Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta could all control and influence games. Some games Jorginho undoubtedly needs help because hes manmarked but Kante and Barkley/Kovacic lack the quality to do what he does with the ball. This is why I think Cesc had to be utlisied more with Jorginho as opposed to as his back up. Cesc can drop, get the ball out from deep by playing through the lines. You stand somebody on Jorginho and Kante/Kovacic are going to get the ball but struggle to dictate the game in a similar way because its not their strength. People talk about a lack of assists but Jorginhos primary function in that system is to set the tempo and build the game so we can get into the final third. At Napoli for instance Hamsik, an extremely versatile and rounded midfield player with a lot of strengths, could come deeper to relieve the responsibility on Jorginho and do that as well. Like at Madrid, if Kroos, an amazing midfielder in terms of dictating matches, was marked he could rely on Modric to come help him out and vice versa. Jorginho gets man marked and we struggle to get through the midfield because Kovacic and Kante dont have that same strengths. We do need variation yes but at the same time somebody like Cesc on his day can pick amazing passes and break teams presses.

4 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Well even then in that Barca team, the midfield had flexibility. Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta could all control and influence games. Some games Jorginho undoubtedly needs help because hes manmarked but Kante and Barkley/Kovacic lack the quality to do what he does with the ball. This is why I think Cesc had to be utlisied more with Jorginho as opposed to as his back up. Cesc can drop, get the ball out from deep by playing through the lines. You stand somebody on Jorginho and Kante/Kovacic are going to get the ball but struggle to dictate the game in a similar way because its not their strength. People talk about a lack of assists but Jorginhos primary function in that system is to set the tempo and build the game so we can get into the final third. At Napoli for instance Hamsik, an extremely versatile and rounded midfield player with a lot of strengths, could come deeper to relieve the responsibility on Jorginho and do that as well. Like at Madrid, if Kroos, an amazing midfielder in terms of dictating matches, was marked he could rely on Modric to come help him out and vice versa. Jorginho gets man marked and we struggle to get through the midfield because Kovacic and Kante dont have that same strengths. We do need variation yes but at the same time somebody like Cesc on his day can pick amazing passes and break teams presses.

Busquets and Barca is actualy nice example.

No way were Xavi and Iniesta defensive masterminds, it all came to collective defending. Entire team pressed the opponents and it did the trick. Also they had most of possesion, so they had much less defending to do. 

At Chelsea we still dont know how to keep possesion. When opponenents let us have the ball, we do nothing with it and when they press, we lose it quite quickly. 

But more importantly, our collective defending is shite. Jorginho like Busquets is our holding man, but unlike Busquets he has little help. Kante is often way too far, Barkley is useless in defence, not to mention Alonso who is never where he should be. Hazard has to cover up for his ass which is a disgrace. If our back 4 and both midfielders closed space, Jorginho wouldnt be as exposed as he is. He is weak and slow and will never be fantastic DM, but if whole team cooperated in defense, he would look much more solid. I cant realy fault him for his defense, because that simply depends on whole team. 

His offense is weak though. No excuse for him to hoof the ball in the stands when he has the time to execute a perfect pass. He gets pressed often, but I have seen it every game he is completely free with alot of time and he completely fucks up a long pass. Thats individual quality and he seems to have zero confidence in him. Either that or he is simply not the player we thought he is when we bought him.

On 11/02/2019 at 4:35 AM, Jason said:

Funny thing is, Sarri has mentioned about playing the 4-2-3-1 but he seems hell-bent on playing 4-3-3. You wonder why he doesn't just try out the former at this point and see how it goes.

Cuz he is a cunt.

31 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Jorginho shows shocking lack of effort during Chelsea’s defeat to Man City

https://metro.co.uk/2019/02/11/jorginho-shows-shocking-lack-effort-chelsea-defeat-man-city-8535296/

long gone are the days of hardworking midfielders, the Lamps, Kantes, Essiens, Makeleles, Scholes, Keanes, Gerrards, Xabi Alonsos, Vieiras, etc of this world.

Jorginho isn't meant to play in this league. He is built for Seria A or La Liga. 

Unless he plays in a double pivot with somebody who has exceptional stamina and tackling ability he will always be exposed.

Somebody like Kante!

🤣

Just now, DDA said:

Jorginho isn't meant to play in this league. He is built for Seria A or La Liga. 

Unless he plays in a double pivot with somebody who has exceptional stamina and tackling ability he will always be exposed.

Somebody like Kante!

🤣

For every passing game, pardon the pun, it's more and more apparent that this Jorginho thing is not working, nor is Kante where he is.

He will not change it.