Olivier Giroud

milka

3 hours ago, Strike said:

I hope the Giroud rumours are not true. Give us one season of Werner Tammy Giroud - a survival of the fittest competition for the striker position!

Sadly very few clubs can have three strikers competing for one spot nowadays it’s normally two strikers and a third player that can play as a striker if needed which we still have. 

Werner 

Abraham 

Havertz 

Worth noting that Giroud said this about competing for places only a few days ago...

https://www.goal.com/en/news/werner-isnt-the-same-as-me-giroud-relishing-chelsea/utyua7c2isjwzoinkuhjgyt1

"I haven't spoken to Lampard. One thing is certain: the competition [in the squad] will pull us all to the top. A great club should have different options in each position," he said in an interview with Telefoot.

"We want to be in the race for the title and I'm here. I finished the season well and I proved to the manager that he can count on me.

"Werner is not the same profile as me, I hope to have some playing time."

2 hours ago, Styl1994 said:

Sadly very few clubs can have three strikers competing for one spot nowadays it’s normally two strikers and a third player that can play as a striker if needed which we still have. 

Werner 

Abraham 

Havertz 

yes, these situations are rare which is why I was hoping this season to be a one-off where we have 3 genuinely good options for the striker position. 

Still not convinced by the Giroud rumours. May still be Juve smokescreen to get Dzeko/Suarez to move

“I haven't spoken to Lampard about playing time. One thing is certain: the competition in the squad will pull us all to the top. A great club should've different options in each position. We want to be in the race for the title and I'm here. I finished the season well and I proved to the manager that he can count on me.”

“Werner is not the same profile as me. I hope to have some playing time...

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly, I know he said he wants to fight for his place, but for him personally, I think he should have looked to move. The coronavirus was a body blow for him, as if it wasn't for the pandemic, he would have been starting for France 100%. Because he was always going to be behind in the pecking order and Abraham is getting the nod ahead of him when Werner is out wide and you imagine when likes of Pulisic and Ziyech are fully fit, wouldnt be surprise to see him fully left out the squad. Good option for us to have obviously, however as mentioned surprised he was not looking to move on this season. At his age, you just want to be playing and if he makes Euro squad next year, that will be his last international tournament most likely.

On 03/10/2020 at 0:26 PM, Stats said:

Honestly, I know he said he wants to fight for his place, but for him personally, I think he should have looked to move. The coronavirus was a body blow for him, as if it wasn't for the pandemic, he would have been starting for France 100%. Because he was always going to be behind in the pecking order and Abraham is getting the nod ahead of him when Werner is out wide and you imagine when likes of Pulisic and Ziyech are fully fit, wouldnt be surprise to see him fully left out the squad. Good option for us to have obviously, however as mentioned surprised he was not looking to move on this season. At his age, you just want to be playing and if he makes Euro squad next year, that will be his last international tournament most likely.

I rate him alot higher than Tammy, I would much prefer to see girouds name on the team sheet than Tammy's. He's a proven PL player and has a good goal record, much better hold up play and for his age he still has his legs