Olivier Giroud

milka

Has won a world cup and is France's 3rd top goal scorer of all time... not bad for a kart.... Benzema on the other hand yes better club career but even then winning 10 CLs doesnt equal to winning a world cup. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

If true it's looking like Tammy, Olivier and then possibly Mertens....not good enough for me.

Nowhere near it. Even more so when you consider Liverpool will 90% sign Werner meaning they have him and Firmino then City have Aguero and Jesus. We need at least one CF of that ilk or standard if we are to try close the gap. Id only have Mertens if Giroud left as an option.

Inter Pull Out Of Race To Sign Olivier Giroud After Chelsea Extend His Contract & Focus On Napoli’s Dries Mertens

https://sempreinter.com/2020/04/25/inter-pull-out-of-race-to-sign-olivier-giroud-after-chelsea-extend-his-contract-focus-on-napolis-dries-mertens/

Inter have decided to stop following French striker Olivier Giroud after he signed a one-season contract extension with Chelsea, according to a report from today’s paper edition of the Milano based newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport.

The report details how the 33-year-old French forward was incredibly close to a move to Milan in the January transfer window, but the deal collapsed after the Milanese club began to focus their attention on signing Tottenham midfielder Christian Eriksen. Whilst it seemed like Giroud would be joining Inter in the summer on a free transfer, he is now set to stay in London with the Blues.

snip

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Alabama said:

We are gradually bracing up for another season where we end up struggling for 6th position...

Unless quality right winger left back and centre back is signed...

A coupe weeks ago, maybe 3 or 4 even, not exactly sure, I started to really feeling like there is a 50/50 possibility that we make zero moves, or maybe one max

look at what is happening now

I already knew Giroud had been renewed, so thsi is no surprise

but now we also renewed a soon to be 39 yo Willy at keeper

Emerson is now talking about staying

I see ZERO credible links for any CB, and Lamps has said he is happy with the 4 he has (we also have Ampadu coming back from loan and Marc Guehi)

I see nothing of a concrete nature that say we are even trying for Sancho (BD says no contact from us since January) nor Havertz

same for all strikers

plus we have a shit tonne of dregs coming back from loans and we are going to HARD pressed to sell trash like Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Bats, Baba, etc

I worked it all up the other day and since summer 2017, counting projected sales revenue for all the dregs (vastly reduced) and counting shit sales, refusual to sell in a timely fashion, horrific contractual management, botched sales, botched buys, and horrid buys

Marina and the board will have ended up costing us around (this is insane) a loss of potential revenue and wasted cash of £475m, (not joking at all) damn near half a billion in money we should have had to spend then and now, versus what we ended up doing

it is madness

I can easily see nothing else happening this window, maybe maybe, maybe we make a lowball offer for Chilwell (and Leicester probably tells us to go fuck ourselves)

it would be par for the course

46 minutes ago, Vesper said:

A coupe weeks ago, maybe 3 or 4 even, not exactly sure, I started to really feeling like there is a 50/50 possibility that we make zero moves, or maybe one max

look at what is happening now

I already knew Giroud had been renewed, so thsi is no surprise

but now we also renewed a soon to be 39 yo Willy at keeper

Emerson is now talking about staying

I see ZERO credible links for any CB, and Lamps has said he is happy with the 4 he has (we also have Ampadu coming back from loan and Marc Guehi)

I see nothing of a concrete nature that say we are even trying for Sancho (BD says no contact from us since January) nor Havertz

same for all strikers

plus we have a shit tonne of dregs coming back from loans and we are going to HARD pressed to sell trash like Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Bats, Baba, etc

I worked it all up the other day and since summer 2017, counting projected sales revenue for all the dregs (vastly reduced) and counting shit sales, refusual to sell in a timely fashion, horrific contractual management, botched sales, botched buys, and horrid buys

Marina and the board will have ended up costing us around (this is insane) a loss of potential revenue and wasted cash of £475m, (not joking at all) damn near half a billion in money we should have had to spend then and now, versus what we ended up doing

it is madness

I can easily see nothing else happening this window, maybe maybe, maybe we make a lowball offer for Chilwell (and Leicester probably tells us to go fuck ourselves)

it would be par for the course

I hope it doesn't end up that way though credible links have us busy this coming summer window...but not much movements just hope we sign quality players like right winger:Havertz or Sancho left back: Chillwell or Telles and a quality centre back I dont have any preference for that position...if not we already know how the movie will play out