Olivier Giroud

milka

Looks like we will get CL place. If we have sold Giroud in January no chance this would happen. Tammy is struggling for months, Michy no comment...

6 goals in last 8 PL starts.

He scored against Spurs 2:1, Aston Villa 1:2, Palace 2:3, Norwich 1:0... 8 points right there.

18 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Looks like we will get CL place. If we have sold Giroud in January no chance this would happen. Tammy is struggling for months, Michy no comment...

6 goals in last 8 PL starts.

He scored against Spurs 2:1, Aston Villa 1:2, Palace 2:3, Norwich 1:0... 8 points right there.

Never liked this but credits need to be given to him, he showed great professionalism this season. Didn’t complained, kept his mouth shut but when we needed him he stepped up. Same for Pedro.

5 hours ago, Henrique said:

Giroud is one of the best signings of past years. He had zero hype. He was cheap. 

Yet he was key in Europa League trophy last season, and he was key in saving our season. Team looked set to finish 6th pra 7th with no proper CF. Now the team will pretty much finish inside top 4 and is in FA Cup Final. He played a big part in both achievements.

Yes, since February 22nd when he started playing regularly he has been our best player with Puli.

A total different test for Luiz and co if Giroud starts against Arsenal, he will bully them, the likes of Jesus the other day can't do that.
I LOVED how he backed straight into Maguire for the long balls. His link up play is brilliant.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Since the restart, Chelsea is 6-0-0 when Giroud starting including the 2 FA Cup matches, and 1-0-2 when Tammy starts.

You can easily add some games before the break.

Everton, Liverpool, Spurs all Giroud started. Only not win with Olie was draw with Cherries.

Tammy last three before the break 2 draws and one loss.

If he doesn't start the next two I will go ape sh*t. I was absolutely fuming when he didn't start WHU and SU. I mean if SFL wanted to give Tammy starts he should've done it against Norwich and Warford not the better teams. 

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

You can easily add some games before the break.

Everton, Liverpool, Spurs all Giroud started. Only not win with Olie was draw with Cherries.

Tammy last three before the break 2 draws and one loss.

Wow, its even better than I thought

44 minutes ago, Mana said:

Another thing that baffles me is why Giroud was shadowed out in the first half of the season. Why did Lampard do this.

It's head-scratching that he instead, put one of the worst strikers in the PL in front of him.

I understand Lampard putting faith with Abraham over Giroud, but Bats over Giroud? It's one of those moments you think Lampard was taking drugs.

Man, around 5 years ago I used to mock this guy when he played for Arsenal. Used to love the commentator saying "GIIIIRRROOOUUUDDD!" while he misses the target. He has definitely matured since then.

Yeah, Giroud being frozen out is easily the most cray, cray thing SFL had done since he has been here. I wouldn't even mind but he was one of the best players in the Super Cup final and was useful in a couple of others early on. Then he essentially got ghosted. 

1 hour ago, Mana said:

Another thing that baffles me is why Giroud was shadowed out in the first half of the season. Why did Lampard do this.

It's head-scratching that he put one of the worst strikers in the PL in Batshuayi in front of him.

I understand Lampard putting faith with Abraham over Giroud, but Bats over Giroud? It's one of those moments you think Lampard was taking drugs.

I think it is probably the biggest mistake that Lampard has done this season.

My theory is that Lampard wanted the central striker to be mobile enough to be able to lead the press, and I think he just did not see Giroud being capable of that and as a result Batshuayi became second choice almost by default as a result. To be honest Bats barely got a sniff himself.

I think then by the time it got to around late November/early December, Lampard was probably looking at Giroud leaving in the window and possibly a replacement being added which probably only froze him out even more.

Giroud deserves huge amounts of credit for his professionalism and stepping up when Tammy has gone off the boil. I'm pleased too that Lampard has realised his mistake not giving him more opportunities. I feel other managers would have spit their dummy out in Lampard's position and Giroud would have been left out almost in a protest, and Lampard deserves some credit too for being prepared to be humble and turn a negative situation into a big positive in the second half of the season.

Olivier Giroud 'only stayed at Chelsea after nearly quitting in January because club director Marina Granovskaia is friends with French striker's wife'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8560627/Olivier-Giroud-stayed-Chelsea-January-club-director-friends-Frenchmans-wife.html

CL next season = THANK YOU MARINA!