Mason Mount

the wes

4 hours ago, communicate said:

Mount has been playing as deeper cm this season, frank lampard played as advanced cm. If Mount scoring number as deeper cm is close to Lamp, then we probably have all timer in our hand. 

Not true. They play the exact same position. Left CM in a 433

4 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Not true. They play the exact same position. Left CM in a 433

Position is one thing, role and more importantly player around you are far more important. With Chilwell and Werner in front, mount need to play deeper, he can't attack the box too much. 

23 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

He is fucking quality from where im sitting, he has long passed the eye test for me. Dude is 21 what do you want? Let him develop as he is and you will see his true potential soon enough. So far im more than pleased.

100% agreed, Mount is a great player

never could understand the hate

if he left tomorrow it would be a massive loss

I expect the same thing will happen with Rice when he comes

only downside to Rice is that some prat long ago said he had unfixable technical deficiencies and so we let him walk

still have not once had anyone tell me who it was and what the so-called deficiencies were

I see none when I watch him play, and it is now for years and years that I have observed him

I was unhappy with the Chilwell price when it was supposedly around £80m, put what we ended up paying was fair, and he has been a top 5 in the world LB since he came IMHO

only LB's I rate above Chilwell are Alphonso Davies and Robertson, then Alaba (who is more of a CB now) and maybe Theo Hernández

and the only others ones I truly rate (and below Ben) at all are Lucas, Theo's brother, Renan Lodi of Atletico Madrid and Sergio Reguilón of Spuds (really of RM,, as they get him back in 18 months) Alex Sandro is 30 years old in 7, 8 weeks, and has only a year or so left at top level after this season. I guess to round out the top 10 would be Ferland Mendy of RM.. Watch out for the 18yo Nuno Mendes of Sporting Lisbon, beast in the making. I hope we go for him as Ben's understudy and then dump both Alonso and Emerson.

I see very little hate directed at him (Chilwell) at all

hopefully the same goes down with Declan (and we pay a fair price too, which is around £60-70m for me)

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

100% agreed, Mount is a great player

never could understand the hate

if he left tomorrow it would be a massive loss

I expect the same thing will happen with Rice when he comes

only downside to Rice is that some prat long ago said he had unfixable technical deficiencies and so we let him walk

still have not once had anyone tell me who it was and what the so-called deficiencies were

I see none when I watch him play, and it is now for years and years that I have observed him

I was unhappy with the Chilwell price when it was supposedly around £80m, put what we ended up paying was fair, and he has been a top 5 in the world LB since he came IMHO

only LB's I rate above Chilwell are Alphonso Davies and Robertson, then Alaba (who is more of a CB now) and maybe Theo Hernández

and the only others ones I truly rate (and below Ben) at all are Lucas, Theo's brother, Renan Lodi of Atletico Madrid and Sergio Reguilón of Spuds (really of RM,, as they get him back in 18 months) Alex Sandro is 30 years old in 7, 8 weeks, and has only a year or so left at top level after this season. I guess to round out the top 10 would be Ferland Mendy of RM.. Watch out for the 18yo Nuno Mendes of Sporting Lisbon, beast in the making. I hope we go for him as Ben's understudy and then dump both Alonso and Emerson.

I see very little hate directed at him (Chilwell) at all

hopefully the same goes down with Declan (and we pay a fair price too, which is around £60-70m for me)

Well said sister I agree. 50M for Chilly was more than fair I reckon, 80 was a huge no no for me. Reece has stepped up massively for me, dude is like a bull, great potential. I must admit anything above 60M for Rice is overkill imo but im sure we will figure something out.

On 30.11.2020 at 3:35 PM, communicate said:

Position is one thing, role and more importantly player around you are far more important. With Chilwell and Werner in front, mount need to play deeper, he can't attack the box too much. 

I do not really see that. I would like to see heatmaps if there were any. Mount is pretty much playing the same Box to box role lamprd did. Also Ashley Cole and Wayne Bridge pushed up high a lot just as Chilwell. And Lampard played e.g. with young Robben on the wing who had a lot less positional discipline than Werner, who is often enough found at our own corner flag. Additionally, Lampard played double pivot from 2012 onward so basically a dm and still scored a lot more than Mount does now.  Mount is just not very effective yet at the Tools a midfielder has for scoring goals which are long shots and late runs. Lampard mastered those. He didn’t need to attack the box all game but made it count when he did. Maybe one day Mount will master them too. Regardless of position. 

7 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

I do not really see that. I would like to see heatmaps if there were any. Mount is pretty much playing the same Box to box role lamprd did. Also Ashley Cole and Wayne Bridge pushed up high a lot just as Chilwell. And Lampard played e.g. with young Robben on the wing who had a lot less positional discipline than Werner, who is often enough found at our own corner flag. Additionally, Lampard played double pivot from 2012 onward so basically a dm and still scored a lot more than Mount does now.  Mount is just not very effective yet at the Tools a midfielder has for scoring goals which are long shots and late runs. Lampard mastered those. He didn’t need to attack the box all game but made it count when he did. Maybe one day Mount will master them too. Regardless of position. 

"Mount is just not very effective yet at the Tools a midfielder has for scoring goals which are long shots and late runs. Lampard mastered those. He didn’t need to attack the box all game but made it count when he did. Maybe one day Mount will master them too. Regardless of position. "

Nope, even Lamp himself said if you want to score, get to the box more. Simply by pure statistics alone you will score more. Of course being efficient is always good but constantly being in good position which mean constantly making run is far more important. 

Position discipline mean absolutely nothing here. Werner is forward who want to attack the box. Chilwell also attack the box quite often. So imagine if we have Werner, Chilwell and mount all attack the box. That left hand side has 0 protection. It is crazy football. 

4 hours ago, Fernando said:

Lampard son, as some said here as the reason he gets picked..... 

🤭🤭

I am just surprised that some of our in-house experts and geniuses are not actually "pundits". They were all so right, Mount is crap 😂😂

What's worse is most of them won't even have the balls to admit they were so horribly wrong and have no actual insight into a player. 

I have always defended Mount on here, he is a very good player that is only going to get better and better. People need to remember two things with the SFL comparisons. 1) Mount presses a lot better than SFL did and 2) SFL didn't really become an elite player until 24ish. Mount still has another 3 years of development before we should be comparing him to peak SFL. From where I am sitting I would say at 21 Mount's all round game is actually better than SFL, although SFL at 21 did have better shooting technique. 

Further, this season his crosses from corners have been unreal. He must have something like a 80% hit ratio of hittting the correct area. Compare that to Willian's dire crossing we had to put up with since 2015/16. 

His pace/acceleration is really underrated. On and off the ball. He has this similar style to De Bruyne where he plays a pass and then goes for the one-two and he is extremely difficult to track when he does that. He just breezes past the opposition player. Such an intelligent player. Always anticipating the next move. I am sure more goals will arrive too. Top player.