Mason Mount

the wes

16 hours ago, Jason said:

Thats the basics and lack of effort we were on about in another thread. Same with Ziyech for the 3rd goal. Not first time this season he’s been in a position where thats happened and also last. Performance wise I think hes been okay over the course of the season, he had a good patch then fizzled out but again against City, although he wasn’t particularly good he was ok. 

4 minutes ago, Milan said:

Where would we be without corners...

In here, he is called Europe’s 7th most creative player @NikkiCFC

https://onefootball.com/en/news/image-mason-mount-ranks-with-europes-top-creators-32091388

I saw this today. And wanted to post it. 

So 15 chances created after 17 games from open play. Is that good? I never understood this stat. And in the game against Leeds he had like what? 5 or 7 chances created? Obviously if he does not take corners he would be nowhere on this list. I always said that he is good set piece taker. My guess is that majority of this 15 chances created from open play came in 3 games against: Burnley, Leeds and WBA. 

On 1/4/2021 at 5:07 PM, NikkiCFC said:

I saw this today. And wanted to post it. 

So 15 chances created after 17 games from open play. Is that good? I never understood this stat. And in the game against Leeds he had like what? 5 or 7 chances created? Obviously if he does not take corners he would be nowhere on this list. I always said that he is good set piece taker. My guess is that majority of this 15 chances created from open play came in 3 games against: Burnley, Leeds and WBA. 

Depends. But you have to remember that you are still talking about a 21 year old player who is nowhere near the finished article. The players ranked above him are far more experienced, including Grealish.

Is it good enough for Chelsea, which already has a lightweight attacking midfield? Probably not.

But for Mason Mount, I think its good enough at this stage of his career.

Its not Mount's fault that we pinned all our hopes on Havertz getting up to speed quickly, and loaned out our only 2 experienced attacking midfielders in Barkley and RLC.

1 hour ago, Blue Armour said:

Depends. But you have to remember that you are still talking about a 21 year old player who is nowhere near the finished article. The players ranked above him are far more experienced, including Grealish.

Is it good enough for Chelsea, which already has a lightweight attacking midfield? Probably not.

But for Mason Mount, I think its good enough at this stage of his career.

Its not Mount's fault that we pinned all our hopes on Havertz getting up to speed quickly, and loaned out our only 2 experienced attacking midfielders in Barkley and RLC.

Mason mount created that many chances playing as defensive cm, of course that number is good. 

5 hours ago, communicate said:

Mason mount created that many chances playing as defensive cm, of course that number is good. 

Stop with this non sense that he is defensive midfielder. He played same position last season or before in Derby. Sometimes AM (Spurs Cup game - his worst game) or winger. Number 8 is the position KDB and David Silva played for City. And according to Sofa Score he created 6 big chances this season. Assuming majority from corners. 

And this is his heat map:

Screenshot_20210106_111953_com.android.chrome_edit_240416889602896.jpg

That's pretty good for a 21 year old player working under a manager that has Thou Shall Not Play a Through Ball as one of his 10 commandments. 

He should be doing more, but until we see more dimensions in how we transition and build up vs ping it wide and cross, I'll reserve judgement. 

5 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Stop with this non sense that he is defensive midfielder. He played same position last season or before in Derby. Sometimes AM (Spurs Cup game - his worst game) or winger. Number 8 is the position KDB and David Silva played for City. And according to Sofa Score he created 6 big chances this season. Assuming majority from corners. 

And this is his heat map:

Screenshot_20210106_111953_com.android.chrome_edit_240416889602896.jpg

Funny your heatmap show that he play as defensive cm,  and if you think he play the same role as silva n kdb then i highly suggest you watch recording of city game. 

Old city play with two no 10,kinda like how we played last year after the break with Mount and Barkley, this year we play more like pool, two cm more conservative, two wb more aggressive. 

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, DDA said:

Jokes aside... Frank was playing Mount when out of form when he certainly shouldn't have been but he fully deserves the starts and praise to go with it of late. 

Would expect Tuchel to use Mount more intelligently, not just in terms of not overplaying him but also utilize properly tactically.