Mason Mount

the wes

10 hours ago, DH1988 said:

A yikes performance today, he is so frustrating and I’m concerned he will just be more favoured as a work horse, rather than for meaningful end product.

Genuinely surprised about this. He is criticized for his creativity. He laid the ball of crisply for James. That is as good as a pass you can receive. There have been many moments where players maybe pass the ball with a bit too much force. Just watching the highlights again and the pass was excellent. Think he deserves more praise.

Open play assist for James goal, @NikkiCFC where you at? Red Cafe talking about Pogba?

Bar a Leno save from Lukaku and Havertz mistiming his jump from another good cross, could have easily got 3 assists today with better finishing/luck…… So for a bad game by sounds of reactions on here, 1 assist on top of considering that most days he probably would of gotten at least one more (Leno save top drawer tbf) and perhaps a third, not bad…

Edited by OneMoSalah

17 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Let's be realistic. That wasn't great awareness. It was a blindingly obvious pass that we all saw before the ball even reached Mason and I'm sure he was knew it was on at least as quickly as we did. Credit where it's due but let's not over egg it.

Harsh.

You mention realism, We are at the top of the table and we bossed that game. Mount was good and I have to disagree with your assesment of him.

He has everything and with lukaku, much like werner i think they will produce this season.

Most teams in this league would take mount anyday

hes miles better than grelish who cost 100m!!

17 hours ago, Vybz Kartel said:

I fear we might have another Willian situation with Mount long term, his work rate is undisputed but he definitely leaves you wondering would a better quality player produce more in his place? Against smaller teams I will definitely start Ziyech or Werner they bring more to the attacking table than Mount. 

Werner should be no where near the small sides and their low block. It should be Pulisic/Lukaku/Ziyech. 

6 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Werner should be no where near the small sides and their low block. It should be Pulisic/Lukaku/Ziyech. 

I'd argue that with the distraction of lukaku, our wide players will come into it this season

Depends what formation and starting 11 TT ends up sticking with.

With the pace he could well be our super sub

58 minutes ago, Warning_Hazard said:

I'd argue that with the distraction of lukaku, our wide players will come into it this season

Depends what formation and starting 11 TT ends up sticking with.

With the pace he could well be our super sub

I'd rather Pulisic who can actually take players on.

7 hours ago, Warning_Hazard said:

Harsh.

You mention realism, We are at the top of the table and we bossed that game. Mount was good and I have to disagree with your assesment of him.

He has everything and with lukaku, much like werner i think they will produce this season.

Most teams in this league would take mount anyday

hes miles better than grelish who cost 100m!!

On the Grealish comparison we can agree though I may not go for 'miles'. On the rest, honest disagreements are fine.  Of course.

5 hours ago, Kunka21 said:

Cant believe , he was player of season .

20210828_220645.jpg

I saw this pics last season many times. MM is just work horse, zero talent and intelligence. Every time I see him starting I roll with my eyes. Problem with MM in both England and Chelsea he starts ahead of way superior players and this is hard for people to accept. Nothing to do with him. Grealish, Foden, Sancho, Pulisic, Werner, Ziyech... He starts ahead of them. How do you explain this? Not possible... He is like Lingard in United. He will be here at 26 still considered academy talent until we finally move him. 

Edited by NikkiCFC

12 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I saw this pics last season many times. MM is just work horse, zero talent and intelligence. Every time I see him starting I roll with my eyes. I will never accept him! 

I'm not going to water this down. I don't like the way you speak about Chelsea players. I have question marks about many members of the squad but I never feel the need to insult them and I can't understand why any Chelsea fan would want to do that.

I think Mason is rapidly becoming an enigma in this team. He most certainly does not possess zero talent and zero intelligence. He has plenty of both. Indeed, for the time being, I can't foresee any big game where TT would choose to leave him out. That is going to be the root of the dilemma however. With the current squad Mason is the player we can't live with and the player we can't live without.

In the phrase I like to use, he nearly always nearly gets it right. In most situations where a key contribution is required Mason comes very close to getting it right but most of the time does not actually do so. Either Mason is going to figure this out and become a great footballer, or else TT is going to have to take a tough but vitally important decision about his squad.

Mason was woeful yesterday but I think it's too early in the season to start bashing him. He obviously isn't firing on all cylinders yet. Let's not forget what he done last season. He was excellent but hey, yesterday was an unacceptable performance in many ways. He will improve as the season goes on, I just hope it's soon.