Kylian Mbappe

Captain Ahmed

This guy turned 18 just 5 months ago. You seriously want a kid to lead the line of league and CL chasers? In a 2 striker system maybe, but as a lone striker I'd be mighty skeptical. I hope he stays in Monaco and doesn't join any big club yet, Monaco is giving him the perfect platform to develop and establish himself, elsewhere the change and pressure might kill the young boy. Playing as the main striker for Chelsea in England is a whole different thing. I'd rather we replaced Costa with a proven and experienced striker and have our own Tammy as backup.

He's on a fantastic run atm but we shouldn't take it as the norm. It's difficult to keep up. What's with so many people wanting him now anyway? He's not old or experienced enough to be our number 1 striker. As I suggested some time ago I wouldn't mind him in the Pedro role though (i.e. second striker), but he's going to cost a lot. 

One full season of professional football... playing every week... linked to teams for 110 Million euros. What suckers. I think if he came here he'd be like Batshuayi, stuck on the bench. He should stay in Monaco and develop play another 1 or 2 full seasons at the level he is right now. Then maybe he should look at moving. For all we know he might struggle to maintain the performances hes getting right now. 

If we were genuinely interested I think this summer would be the only chance we'd have at signing him. Neither of the 2 Spanish giants need a forward and I doubt he'd go there at his age anyways just to sit on their bench when he could play every game elsewhere. City have Aguero and Jesus so may not deem it a priority area. That leaves United and us, really. If Zlatan stays he's obviously going to be the main man. If he goes they already have one teenager in Rashford so will José of all people want a couple of young strikers carrying the load for him? Not sure. I still expect them to buy Griezmann.

If we sell Costa for huge money and add in the additional cash we were already going to spend we should surely have enough to buy 2 of Lukaku, Sanchez, Morata, or Mbappe. We can play with 2 strikers like Conte prefers to do next season.

We've been relying on Wingers/Playmakers for the last few years and if Hazard, Pedro and Willian all stay I suspect we will keep playing with 3 upfront, which suits us better really.

But having Morata and Mbappé in the same summer would be some statement, both are good enough to be starters here obviously and I'm sure they could get both more than enough playing time, with the occasional 2 upfront allowing us to play them both. 

7 hours ago, Pizy said:

If we were genuinely interested I think this summer would be the only chance we'd have at signing him. Neither of the 2 Spanish giants need a forward and I doubt he'd go there at his age anyways just to sit on their bench when he could play every game elsewhere. City have Aguero and Jesus so may not deem it a priority area. That leaves United and us, really. If Zlatan stays he's obviously going to be the main man. If he goes they already have one teenager in Rashford so will José of all people want a couple of young strikers carrying the load for him? Not sure. I still expect them to buy Griezmann.

If we sell Costa for huge money and add in the additional cash we were already going to spend we should surely have enough to buy 2 of Lukaku, Sanchez, Morata, or Mbappe. We can play with 2 strikers like Conte prefers to do next season.

It's a tough call, but I think we clearly NEED TWO STRIKERS THIS SUMMER if we assume Batshuayi isn't going to make it at CFC. Abraham might be third striker or loaned out again.

3 hours ago, Adnane said:

We've been relying on Wingers/Playmakers for the last few years and if Hazard, Pedro and Willian all stay I suspect we will keep playing with 3 upfront, which suits us better really.

But having Morata and Mbappé in the same summer would be some statement, both are good enough to be starters here obviously and I'm sure they could get both more than enough playing time, with the occasional 2 upfront allowing us to play them both. 

Mbappe and Belotti are the two young fantasy football/football manager choices and one of them should probably be a target for us even if we only alternate between two-striker and two-winger setups.

3 hours ago, Adnane said:

If we got those two, I think Antonio would be tempted into trying to recreate Bergkamp and Henry. With hazard floating and the wingbacks providing the width.

On April 22, 2017 at 6:49 AM, Pizy said:

I agree this summer is the best opportunity to sign him, after that no chance. Imo he is the best talent since Neymar. I really hope we sign him.

He is not going anywhere to be second choice, i am sure that is something he has learned from Anthony Martiel. Comfortability with the manager will be a priority, not sure how fuzzy he will feel with Mourinho. 

11 minutes ago, the wes said:

I just love these friends, father, mom, uncle reveals stories. The easiest way to get clicks and earn money ever. You don't need to be sports journalists to make these stories.

Chelsea turned down the opportunity to sign Monaco striker Kylian Mbappe as a 14-year-old in favour of developing academy prospects Dominic Solanke and Tammy Abraham, according to adrian Kajumba of the Mirror reported. 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-kylian-mbappe-monaco-transfer-10340442

33 minutes ago, the wes said:

Chelsea turned down the opportunity to sign Monaco striker Kylian Mbappe as a 14-year-old in favour of developing academy prospects Dominic Solanke and Tammy Abraham, according to adrian Kajumba of the Mirror reported. 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-kylian-mbappe-monaco-transfer-10340442

in our defence, Mbappe wouldnt be the Mbappe we know if he signed here. He would dominate youth levels like Solanke and Abraham and would be currently off on loan somewhere. I hope we can bring Tammy into the squad next year, or at least a good PL loan and integrate the year after

I think this kid would be incredibly stupid to move here this summer coming up. Look at Michy Batshuayi, he has more first team experience than Mbappe, all Mbappe has to do is look at how his season has panned out playing week in week out for Monaco in comparison to Batshuayi's who has played maybe 700 minutes if hes lucky. I would hate to see us or any club sign this kid and kill his development, I watched him play v Dortmund in both legs and against Juventus the other night, he is fast, obviously intelligent off the ball in terms of his movements, reacts extremely well in the box and ice cool in front of goal and for me that strikes a resemblance to Thierry Henry (unfortunate comparison but anyone here to say Henry wasn't a world class player with those qualities is a liar). If I were him I would stay at Monaco for another year at least, hes 18 years old, he has got time on his side. On the flip side if hes moves, who is to say he will be anywhere near as successful as he has been at Monaco this season? He has also got the advantage of the standard of the French league not being as competitive or high as most of the other 'top' leagues in Europe, he should play another season or two and perhaps become a big fish in a small pond so to speak but by then he'd only be 19 or 20 or 21 and could make that move to a bigger club still. If he goes here, Manchester, Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern wherever he will have his development killed. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You