Kylian Mbappe

Captain Ahmed

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

If United are to cover all there short coming in their team, they will need to spend 200M this summer.

If rumors turn out to be true, they'll be spending nearly that amount on forwards alone. Wouldn't shock me. Mourinho knows he has to buy a title next season or he'll be on the hot seat.

I was shocked by the money the Manchester clubs spent last summer. This summer will be a whole new level and it'll be insane. From both of them. United will spend silly money on their attack while City will do the same for their defense.

Ironically, moving to Madrid would be perfect for him. He's a shoe in to take over from CR7 gradually, honestly, it almost makes too much sense. 

Would also give Real less reason to sign Eden...

Wouldn't he be another Rodriguez at this point. It would only make sense if Real got rid of a few big names.

Rodriguez will definitely move this summer imo. 

You'd expect so along with Morata and maybe another big name. Just have to wonder you'll be coming in (hope they stay from us).

On 5/4/2017 at 10:41 AM, The Skipper said:

Mbappe would get a lot more game time than Michy because he's more talented and because he can play on the left or right. 

Do you really think he is going to play on the left/ring ahead of Hazard, Willian or Pedro here? Regularly? I think we all know the answer to that. Not a chance. His best football has come down the middle (to be fair his one full senior season before we all get too excited regardless) and at the age of 18 he has shown composure and movement of an experienced center forward. Unfortunately now a days, as we've seen with many players in the premier league, different levels to what Mbappe is (better and worse), talent guarentees nothing. If anybody says Batshuayi wasn't a player with 'talent' before he came here, they are lying but just look how that has panned out so far.. talented still yes, but needs to progress and honestly I don't think hes a bad player just now but not at a high enough standard to compete with and push Diego. I doubt signing anybody who is still learning and still developing to compete with Diego is a good idea because chances are they aren't ready and will hardly play, we need to go down the lines of a Torres, okay not the best comparison but still, someone in their peak years, to come in, no need to develop for a few seasons and compete straight away. 

15 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Do you really think he is going to play on the left/ring ahead of Hazard, Willian or Pedro here? Regularly? I think we all know the answer to that. Not a chance. His best football has come down the middle (to be fair his one full senior season before we all get too excited regardless) and at the age of 18 he has shown composure and movement of an experienced center forward. Unfortunately now a days, as we've seen with many players in the premier league, different levels to what Mbappe is (better and worse), talent guarentees nothing. If anybody says Batshuayi wasn't a player with 'talent' before he came here, they are lying but just look how that has panned out so far.. talented still yes, but needs to progress and honestly I don't think hes a bad player just now but not at a high enough standard to compete with and push Diego. I doubt signing anybody who is still learning and still developing to compete with Diego is a good idea because chances are they aren't ready and will hardly play, we need to go down the lines of a Torres, okay not the best comparison but still, someone in their peak years, to come in, no need to develop for a few seasons and compete straight away. 

I honestly need to see how Mbappe is going to play as lone striker since he usually play with a striker partner next to him 

On 5/6/2017 at 9:18 AM, The Skipper said:

Ironically, moving to Madrid would be perfect for him. He's a shoe in to take over from CR7 gradually, honestly, it almost makes too much sense. 

Would also give Real less reason to sign Eden...

I like "Would also give Real less reason to sign Eden" but I disagree with moving to Madrid would be perfect for him".

He will be asked to play Benzema role (basically a support striker for Ronaldo) and I am not sure that is the perfect role for him, he is much better playing with a targetman like falcao next to him

2 minutes ago, communicate said:

I like "Would also give Real less reason to sign Eden" but I disagree with moving to Madrid would be perfect for him".

He will be asked to play Benzema role (basically a support striker for Ronaldo) and I am not sure that is the perfect role for him, he is much better playing with a targetman like falcao next to him

I think CR7 is going to transition into a CF, so it'll be Mbappe - CR7 - Bale/Isco/whoever. Benzema will play too, so you could have CR7 - Benzema - Mbappe for example. 

1 hour ago, The Skipper said:

I think CR7 is going to transition into a CF, so it'll be Mbappe - CR7 - Bale/Isco/whoever. Benzema will play too, so you could have CR7 - Benzema - Mbappe for example. 

He is already a CF for a while, just watch how he scored most of his goal. But he cannot play as lone CF, he need a partner up top to play the supporting role for him.

Your 2nd lineup can work, but they have Bale, I am not sure he is going to be happy playing 2nd fiddle to Mbappe.

1 hour ago, communicate said:

He is already a CF for a while, just watch how he scored most of his goal. But he cannot play as lone CF, he need a partner up top to play the supporting role for him.

Your 2nd lineup can work, but they have Bale, I am not sure he is going to be happy playing 2nd fiddle to Mbappe.

Real have played 442 often this season too - can easily see a Mbappe - Ronaldo strike force. Quite poetic in a sense - Kylian gets to play up front with his idol. He's not going to be an undisputed starter - that's unrealistic, so no worries regarding Bale. It's good for his development to have competition like Bale, Asensio, Benzema etc., as long as he gets a decent amount of game time. Benzema and Ronaldo will be old soon, and I can honestly possibly see Bale leaving in the future - by that time Mbappe will have fully matured and be one of Real's true main men.

18 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

I could see him doing really well in the Pedro role (essentially a second striker, which is exactly what Kylian is). Mbappe has surpassed Michy already - Michy didn't win the title at Marseille, nor went to the Semis in the CL.

He keeps impressing me everytime I see him play, even when Monaco struggled against Juventus he did several positive things against europes best defence. Today he looks to have secured Monacos ligue 1 title with a brilliant assist for Falcao in the first half. 

I don't think there would be a problem at all for him to play as our striker in 3-4-3 or 3-5-2. His pace would be a huge threat to any defence that pushes up high and his linkup play is superior to Lukaku and Costa. Hazard is already playing very close to Costa most of the time, so it's not like Mbappe would be isolated as our striker. 

*edit: Make that two superb assists for Falcao.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You