Kylian Mbappe

Captain Ahmed

This transfer would be ideal. Think about it. Mbappe is 18. He's not at an age to play 50+ games in a season. 

Mbappe would be replacing Morata. Mbappe played 1501 min in the league last season (17 starts + 12 subs). Morata played 1334 min (14 starts + 12 subs).

He'll at least get the same amount of game time Morata got. Most likely more because of his immense talent and the fact that he can fill in both Ronaldo's and Benzema's role in the team.

The pressure would be huge but he wouldn't be joining as the new saviour, but rather as the future star. He won't be expected to immediately replicate the form he's shown in 2017 thus far.

I'd still stay with Monaco if I were him though. But then again, I don't know what it feels like to be wanted by the biggest club in the world, offering you immense riches and on field succes.

Worst comes to worst, and you flop, the Chelsea's and City's of this world will still want you. The move makes sense.

28 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

If this happens, what do you guys think of potentially getting in Bale?

Why not Isco who is in his last year? I'm surprised Isco isn't linked to any move away considering his contract length.

Why not Isco who is in his last year? I'm surprised Isco isn't linked to any move away considering his contract length.

Honestly I don't think he'll leave. Madrid fans love him and he's Spanish so it'll be difficult to get him.
I think we should bid 70Mil for Ousman Dembele of dortmund and get him. Whatever it takes to get him do it. He has the potential of Hazard/Neymar and I have no doubt he'll get to their level easily.
With Madrid snatching mbappe, he's the only other talent on that level and we have ageing right wingers. It will be sad to see him at any English club that isn't Chelsea

9 hours ago, The Skipper said:

If this happens, what do you guys think of potentially getting in Bale?

We aren't spending £90-100 million on Bale, I'm pretty confident of that. Morata is a record fee for us, so I doubt we would go for Bale. I actually think Pedro is better suited for us than Bale too. Bale is a injury prone, lazy player. Yes he is world class when on form, but his "on form" is so sporadic it's not worth our time imo. 

7 hours ago, BlueStorm1003 said:

Also 160m? Jesus f'ing christ. The pressure on this kid's shoulders is going to be massive. That price could fuck up future prices for any kid with a good season.

Yeah, he isn't going to score nowhere near what people think he will. For that money you're expecting 50 goals a season in my eyes, so Messi numbers - both in assists and goals. 

42 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Honestly I don't think he'll leave. Madrid fans love him and he's Spanish so it'll be difficult to get him.
I think we should bid 70Mil for Ousman Dembele of dortmund and get him. Whatever it takes to get him do it. He has the potential of Hazard/Neymar and I have no doubt he'll get to their level easily.
With Madrid snatching mbappe, he's the only other talent on that level and we have ageing right wingers. It will be sad to see him at any English club that isn't Chelsea

I agree with you but our board is to daft to see such obvious things.

• 2 weeks later...

Power move by Qatar, giving a middle finger up to the biggest frenzy in Europe to take notice. Especially when they're having domestic problems of their own. PSG are now going to drop Fly Emirates as their sponsor and pick up, guess who, Qatar Airways. 

Anyway, since Platini's gone his lovechild that is FFP has diminished.

City started the loophole trend when they siphoned money through their 'sponsorship' with Etihad 

"Etihad are owned by the Abu Dhabi government and the airline's association with the City owner, Sheikh Mansour, a member of the Abu Dhabi royal family"

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You