Marcos Alonso

Chelsea4

This is what i think his cycle is for Marcos himself...

Starts a match, does well in a couple of matches, starts to think he is an automatic starter, lets his effort and perfomance drop, gets dropped, ups his efforts and performance in training, back to square one.

9 minutes ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

This is what i think his cycle is for Marcos himself...

Starts a match, does well in a couple of matches, starts to think he is an automatic starter, lets his effort and perfomance drop, gets dropped, ups his efforts and performance in training, back to square one.

fatigue might also be a point.

Marcos is a terrible natural athlete and probably cannot really do much when he is not at 100% fitness.

As Marcos is now back in national team this should aggravate. At the same time Chilly is not playing for England and now can reverse the tables to use this advantage same as Alonso did over the summer.

Yeah I also think fatigue is a bigger factor than him being lazy or complacent. WB is the most exhausting position to play, they need rest and have good cover. We've seen this many times before, he plays consecutive games really well and then falls off... it's a sign of fatigue more than anything else imo.

On 03/10/2021 at 07:13, robsblubot said:

Can't help but imagine what this thread would've looked like had Alonso given away that Penalty against Southampton. 😅

Probably would’ve been fine if he also had a decent performance overall and got a goal and assist.

On 03/10/2021 at 08:13, robsblubot said:

Can't help but imagine what this thread would've looked like had Alonso given away that Penalty against Southampton. 😅

Look it up. Alonso has had a few games himself where he also scored/assisted while being at fault for a goal conceded. 

• 1 month later...

He created sitter for CHO. Didn't cost as a goal. We still had many chances. 24 attempts. Should not take corners over James and Ziyech. For what are you blaming him? 

I liked Pulisic as wing back so I expect him to start there but on LWB, keep Reece on the right. 

1 hour ago, Warning_Hazard said:

Offered more than most against watford, helped with assits, Getting a lot of very harsh criticism.

Alonso is a lot of peoples scapegoat. He gets criticism regardless of his performance or whether prior to his return he had been injured. 

4 hours ago, Warning_Hazard said:

Offered more than most against watford, helped with assits, Getting a lot of very harsh criticism.

Not really. Did well for the goals but Watford targeted him for a reason. WB is a tiring position - Alonso should be rotated + kept away from big games.

43 minutes ago, Strike said:

Not really. Did well for the goals but Watford targeted him for a reason. WB is a tiring position - Alonso should be rotated + kept away from big games.

Whatever watfords plan was didnt work though did it, The man being tageted helped with assists maybe they targeted him because now bare with me here its a big brain thought.......they knew he was a threat!??

Edited by Warning_Hazard