Marcos Alonso

Chelsea4

would be strange to see him at LW or more likely, RW
too slow I think
Far too slow, sadly. If he was more athletic, he might have been a decent striker. Tall enough, good left foot. But for defending purposes, he lacks too much football IQ.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

Picked for his height and experience my ass.His experience of constantly being run past. The height argument is just as clueless as when Mourinho kept selecting poor old Iva.

Not that his height is of any use. He still lost every aerial duel and leicester had one free header after another on their fks.

He is like the 2m 65kg kid in my old basketball team who i always liked to dunk on. slow ass anit-athlete, all skin and bones no leap and no strength.

24 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Picked for his height and experience my ass.His experience of constantly being run past. The height argument is just as clueless as when Mourinho kept selecting poor old Iva.

Not that his height is of any use. He still lost every aerial duel and leicester had one free header after another on their fks.

I swear this picking a player based on height started from the second reign of Mourinho?

Absolute nonsense that managers would prioritize height for defensive situations even if it means sacrificing impetus in our attacks! How could Tuchel think that having Alonso and Azpi as our wing backs would be great for our attack? 

13 minutes ago, Jas said:

I swear this picking a player based on height started from the second reign of Mourinho?

Absolute nonsense that managers would prioritize height for defensive situations even if it means sacrificing impetus in our attacks! How could Tuchel think that having Alonso and Azpi as our wing backs would be great for our attack? 

I could understand his way of thinking if Leicester had ginormous players in their team but they haven't... Ndidi being the exception.

Edited by DDA

1 minute ago, DDA said:

I could understand his way of thinking if Leicester had ginormous players in their team but they haven't... Ndidi being the exception.

N'didi is 1,81.

fofana, evans and soyüncu are all around 6'2 but alonso is no good in aerial defence either so why bother

Just now, DDA said:

Even if they did, I always still find it ridiculous. You don't see Guardiola suddenly start playing tall players against teams like Burnley, West Brom etc, do you? It's not as if Chilwell is weak, a dwarf and terrible at defending set pieces/crosses either!

Just now, Jas said:

Even if they did, I always still find it ridiculous. You don't see Guardiola suddenly start playing tall players against teams like Burnley, West Brom etc, do you? It's not as if Chilwell is weak, a dwarf and terrible at defending set pieces/crosses either!

And once you start tweaking your line up, the magic disappears. We should be focusing on our own game and not paying so much respect to minnows.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...