Michy Batshuayi

Hamilton

So, this might not be bad after all. This is make it or break it for Michy and Chelsea. If he succeeds, bring him back. By then we will know if Morata is useful or not. If he doesn't play well there sell him for good.  

59 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Bats is NOT even remotely close to Higuain (who I didn't want to sign anyway as he is too old soon). Higuain is also massively fit after a big summer fitness routine. Have you seen the new videos and pics of him?

Fit prolly the wrong word. Lets day Bats is generally more of a athletic physical presence. Probably a bit faster, stronger and more mobile.

other than that i think their movement and attitude imo are similar

11 minutes ago, Pizy said:

People keep saying "Sarri didn't even get a look at him" but I think it's obvious that Michy had decided for himself that he wanted to go on loan again. He wants and needs to be a regular.

Agreed, he probably wanted assurances that Sarri could not provide. The striker structure actually makes sense this way, all we need is Morata to pot a few goals so people believe in him. Morata as main starter for Prem games, Giroud as super sub, Tammy for Europa league and lower division cup games. Michy would have wanted Prem minute assurances. Sad to see him go as I thought he could have broken through, but its understandable. 

Plus the false 9 possibility as well which gets 3/4 of CHO/Hazard/Pedro/Willian on the field together as a different look.

52 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Fit prolly the wrong word. Lets day Bats is generally more of a athletic physical presence. Probably a bit faster, stronger and more mobile.

All that means fuck all if you cant put the ball in the net!!

Morata is a fit young guy but needs a GPS to find the goal and some sort of  brace to stop falling over!

Higuain would have been great!

58 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Oh, I give you the point that a 25 year old bats is more athletic overall than a 25 year old Higuain, but Higs is MILES more football intelligent and effective. Bats is very one dimensional and terrible at build up play.It is like playing with 10 men at times.

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

All that means fuck all if you cant put the ball in the net!!

Morata is a fit young guy but needs a GPS to find the goal and some sort of  brace to stop falling over!

Higuain would have been great!

It does, if you are struggling to score but are still moving well, that still gives space for the others to operate, as poor as Morata's been he is still doing that, thats why he has so many chances at goal and we can create a fair bit even with his current form. Bats is really poor at movement (well pretty much everything bar finishing) and it affects the way the team play, if he isn't scoring at a rate of minimum 3 in 4 then there's is no way possible his place in the team can even be remotely justified and even then it's debatable.

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

It does, if you are struggling to score but are still moving well, that still gives space for the others to operate, as poor as Morata's been he is still doing that, thats why he has so many chances at goal and we can create a fair bit even with his current form. Bats is really poor at movement (well pretty much everything bar finishing) and it affects the way the team play, if he isn't scoring at a rate of minimum 3 in 4 then there's is no way possible his place in the team can even be remotely justified and even then it's debatable.

Its why I would prefer Pedro. He will get Moratas chances and hopefully at least 1 might go in.

4 hours ago, Tomo said:

But we dont need someone to creare space, move and pass well. We got a ton pf creative midfielders. We need a player to be in the right position and put the ball in the net. Morata and Giroud are bot scorers and should not be relied on for goals. They are perfect when they are not the main man and have griezman /mbappe or Tevez around to score the goals but here Hazard is our only player with the potential to score more than a dozen league goals. I doubt more than 2 players will hit double figures for us next season. In the end goals win games and will determine whether Sarris lasts over Christmas or not

7 hours ago, akgw13 said:

I think false 9 will be a serious option. Pedro or Hazard can play in that role. Fluidity and flexibility across attackers is key for Sarri. He likes his forwards to drop deep anyways. Could mean more time for CHO on the wing as well. 

Here is the ultimate false 9 game (with Messi in the role) Ironically, Pedro played and scored in this match. Alex Ferguson said this squad was the best  team he had ever faced or seen in his life. They almost won the Sextuple (they won La Liga, won the Champions League, won the Supercopa de España, won the UEFA Super Cup, and won the FIFA World Clup Championship. The only thing they missed was the Copa del Rey (they lost 1-nil to Real Madrid in the final).

MASSIVE BONUS, you get the see that cunt Mou get his arse smashed like a window in one of the London Student Riots (pic below at bottom) that were going on at the same time as this game (oh memories!, :D I was in those lolol).

Barca 5 Real Madrid 0

29-11-2010

Spaletti with Totti as a false nine in 2006-7 was the one who brought it back to the modern game. It was also Totti's all-time peak year for goals (32)

1b.jpgLondon-Riots-looting.jpgbait%20van.jpgProtest-Image.jpg

12 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Loaning out our best Striker. :doh::doh:

Its an interesting move for him because Valencia have got some other strikers who done decent enough for them last season and now theyve just bought Kevin Gamerio too so I dont think hes going to be a automatic starter from the off.

Lot of people saying hes our best striker or our most efficient but the guy when he had a chance to play here had never actually looked that convincing to give off the impression. Fair enough he didn't play every week but he got a run of games a while back and was awful. Half a season in Dortmund scoring against teams who were in the bottom half wont change that. One thing I think he has over Morata is that mentality where if he misses one it doesn't affect him but he has so much other things he needs to improve on.

Still remember when we signed him, articles saying he played like Drogba and he even said he wanted to emulate his career etc, the guy was never ever ever going to be in the same ball park. 

Hope the move goes well for him but I generally think there will more chance of us bringing in another striker than him ever being our number 1. He just doesn't do enough for a system like Sarri's.