Michy Batshuayi

Hamilton

33 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

It is really not puzzling, the striker position is up for grab and Sarri wants to see if any of them can make the position their own. it is a new system and a new manager, everyone gets a reset. 

My evaluation of the player is probably different from yours, because I don't think Batshuayi has what it takes to succeed here. As a result, I'm of the opinion that he will receive next to zero playing time. It makes sense why a coach would want him here, because of the increased competition, but it does not make sense from an ownership point of view.

Why? Because these aren't very young players on cheap wages, and the club has spent a significant amount of money on them. When one of the three fails, it's going to hurt the club. The value of the striker that falls to third choice is going to drop significantly. How many clubs are going to go after Batshuayi if he becomes a third choice striker? And for the clubs that do, what are they going to offer to secure his services? If Batshuayi does make it, either Giroud or Morata are going to be in the aforementioned situation. If it's Morata the club take a massive loss. If it's Giroud, it wouldn't be too significant, but let's be honest, he's not going to fall behind Batshuayi.

1 hour ago, Panic said:

My evaluation of the player is probably different from yours, because I don't think Batshuayi has what it takes to succeed here. As a result, I'm of the opinion that he will receive next to zero playing time. It makes sense why a coach would want him here, because of the increased competition, but it does not make sense from an ownership point of view.

Why? Because these aren't very young players on cheap wages, and the club has spent a significant amount of money on them. When one of the three fails, it's going to hurt the club. The value of the striker that falls to third choice is going to drop significantly. How many clubs are going to go after Batshuayi if he becomes a third choice striker? And for the clubs that do, what are they going to offer to secure his services? If Batshuayi does make it, either Giroud or Morata are going to be in the aforementioned situation. If it's Morata the club take a massive loss. If it's Giroud, it wouldn't be too significant, but let's be honest, he's not going to fall behind Batshuayi.

That is the thing your opinion is probably is a huge contrast from the club. If Sarri wants to keep him, they probably see him as a guy who could succeed.  

Unlike Morata, Bats actually has successfully led a team line. Morata has never done that, he was a SS and bench player at Juve. At Real he was primary the backup to Benzmea. 

Conte always wanted to sign Morata, he was his guy. So he was bought in by a guy who had complete confidence in him and gave him every chance to succed, and he still had mediocre season. Bats on the other hand was never really given an opportunity, he was immediately in the doghouse from the get go and tbf he was also backing Diego Costa one of the best in the world.

So i think Bats could be one who would really benefit from the new manager, and unlike Conte, Sarri actually prefers poachers. 

Personally i don't have high confidence of Morata or Batshuayi coming good. I think Morata has Torres esque mentality, while Bats lack the skills. But here is hoping Sarri can do his magic, imo he is one of the best at improving players. 

So he's currently our best finisher at the club. Poor at link up (probably due to his obvious selfish style of play) but maybe, just maybe sarri can improve his link up to get the best out of him.

I'm scrapping through the Chelsea players to see where goals are going to come from here....

1 hour ago, Clockwork said:

That is the thing your opinion is probably is a huge contrast from the club. If Sarri wants to keep him, they probably see him as a guy who could succeed.  

If the club evaluate him at a higher level, then either Morata or Giroud should go, as one of them is not going to get game time. This is the main reason why I find the striker position so puzzling. From a business perspective, the club is going to suffer from keeping all 3 at the club.

Unlike Morata, Bats actually has successfully led a team line. Morata has never done that, he was a SS and bench player at Juve. At Real he was primary the backup to Benzmea. 

Conte always wanted to sign Morata, he was his guy. So he was bought in by a guy who had complete confidence in him and gave him every chance to succed, and he still had mediocre season. Bats on the other hand was never really given an opportunity, he was immediately in the doghouse from the get go and tbf he was also backing Diego Costa one of the best in the world.

I'm not convinced by Morata either, but in his time here, he has shown glimpses of talent. With Batshuayi, he has demonstrated an inability to contribute to the team in any meaningful way. Batshuayi has a very weak hold up game, poor movement, and is extremely selfish. He does have talent, but he is a very raw player and needs games to put it together.

So i think Bats could be one who would really benefit from the new manager, and unlike Conte, Sarri actually prefers poachers.

This part of your post is extremely confusing. From what I have seen from Higuain and Mertens, neither can be accurately described as poachers in their time with Sarri.  In addition, every analysis video that I have watched indicates that Sarri's strikers are much more than poachers. If you have any videos, or something else that supports this statement, please feel free set me straight.

Personally i don't have high confidence of Morata or Batshuayi coming good. I think Morata has Torres esque mentality, while Bats lack the skills. But here is hoping Sarri can do his magic, imo he is one of the best at improving players. 

I can agree with most of this statement. I'm hoping Morata finds confidence and adapts to the physicality of the league, because if he does, he can be a good striker for us.

On 7/31/2018 at 5:28 PM, It's too big said:

Don't see anything wrong with that. If people told Lampard to not be so selfish, he wouldn't have been one of the best goal scoring midfielders. 

If he scored as much as Lampard did no one would disagree. 

On 02/08/2018 at 10:24 AM, Unionjack said:

Actually scored 19 in 53 games for us and 9 from 14 for Dortmund.

I would be more liable to play him than Morata and probably Giroud in this system

I agree mate outta the three strikers batshuayi is better finisher

Rumours hotting up. Bats to Saville on loan. We must be in the market for another striker if that's the case. No way, Sarri is going into his first season with only Morata and Giroud as his striking options. It would be career suicide.

4 minutes ago, DDA said:

Rumours hotting up. Bats to Saville on loan. We must be in the market for another striker if that's the case. No way, Sarri is going into his first season with only Morata and Giroud as his striking options. It would be career suicide.

Didn't Conte go into his first season with just Costa and Batshuayi? Granted there was Costa but still, there was only 2 strikers back then.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Didn't Conte go into his first season with just Costa and Batshuayi? Granted there was Costa but still, there was only 2 strikers back then.

Yeah. I wouldn’t be surprised if Sarri will also consider going with Hazard as a false 9 if we are really stuck. Unless we bring a CF in but not seeing it happening.