Michy Batshuayi

Hamilton

@OneMoSalah Marcelino plays a 442, so he needs many strikers for his system, around 3/4. In Sarri's system - the number of 1v1s that will be generated and the ability to be a fox in the box Batshuayi would have banged for us. And easily become our #1 strikers by November. 

His contributions per 90mins remains to be off the charts even dating back to his time at Marsielle. And his xG per shot also remains ridiculously high. If you want to hold Batshuayi to the limited run-ins he got, I got twice the amount of tape of Morata shitting up the joint - the sooner we move from him the better. 

I really wish Batshuayi would have trusted Sarri more, had full faith he would have banged for us. Sad situation all around imo, the goals will be a major issue for us this season. 

On 11/08/2018 at 6:34 AM, Magic Lamps said:

But we dont need someone to creare space, move and pass well. We got a ton pf creative midfielders. We need a player to be in the right position and put the ball in the net. Morata and Giroud are bot scorers and should not be relied on for goals. They are perfect when they are not the main man and have griezman /mbappe or Tevez around to score the goals but here Hazard is our only player with the potential to score more than a dozen league goals. I doubt more than 2 players will hit double figures for us next season. In the end goals win games and will determine whether Sarris lasts over Christmas or not

Hazard the only one capable of scoring more than a dozen? Really? Why over-exaggerate? Morata knocked in 11 no problem last season while being injured, missing some easy chances, and having everyone on his case for how terrible he is. 

15 minutes ago, Thor said:

Hazard the only one capable of scoring more than a dozen? Really? Why over-exaggerate? Morata knocked in 11 no problem last season while being injured, missing some easy chances, and having everyone on his case for how terrible he is. 

Lets just hope we got 10 penalties then Jorginho can get double figures. I think Morata can get double figures (wait for the reaction haha), as well as Hazard, Willian and maybe Pedro (maybe because I think he just looks at home when hes in around the box, always did at Barca too)?

I think goals in big games will be a problem for us maybe, I expect us to be much better against the smaller teams who play in a low block because the style we will play, we will always have the better quality, more options, always have some movement that will open up chances eventually but being clinical in big games has been an issue for us for a while. I think Hazard as much as I love the guy, some games last season, the bigger ones he tended to struggle to impose himself a bit but then some of the other ones he played much better. I know last season that period where he didn't play well was a blip but again the bigger matches some of the others players like Willian (those Barca games he was pretty good I felt though), Pedro, Cesc.. all struggled. So I hope that changes. 

If Valencia play 442 and Michy can establish himself then fair enough but I think still from what I seen, Marcelino likes his team to work hard as a unit, Michy has so much to improve off the ball and even in terms of holding it up and combining with others (that one goal v Brighton will not convince me that his link up play is good enough, that whole first season under Conte the closer to the goal away frm the build up, the better) so lets hope it comes good for him. 

7 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Lets just hope we got 10 penalties then Jorginho can get double figures. I think Morata can get double figures (wait for the reaction haha), as well as Hazard, Willian and maybe Pedro (maybe because I think he just looks at home when hes in around the box, always did at Barca too)?

No way bro! Morata in double digits? Impossible!

Not like he did it last season after being labelled Torres 2.0 by the forum.

Imagine if he actually gets his confidence back...

• 4 weeks later...

Is there anyway to recall him from the loan? He is deadly, I am ALL IN on just letting him start 10 straight games and see what happens. He scores everywhere he goes, including here.

Everyone talking about buying a striker in January, well who?

Posted my list so many times, NONE are going to be either easy or remotely cheap.

There are so few options left for us other than Bats

Icardi, but we blew it by not hitting his £98m 2 weeks in July 2018 release clause (it goes up each year, and zero chance Inter sell him in january, probably not in summer 2019 either, plus RM and Barca, etc are sniffing around)

Martial, another cockup with the failed Willian plus cash swap, might, MIGHT have a shot if Mo is still manager, but we all are projecting him as a striker (I think rightly so) but zero signs our board or Sarri see him as a 9

Ciro Immobile, who turns 30 in February 2020 (so long term contract issue), and if Lazio loses SMS next summer, zero chance they also let Ciro go in same window and even less than zero in january window

Then 5 speculative ones

Timo Werner (still not sure if he is the real deal, massively expensive gamble and if Werner shows huge this year, Bayern will grab him)

Andrea Belotti (se Werner, and he had a shit year last year)

Lautaro Martínez (Inter, and they JUST signed him, even less of chance than Immobile or Icardi IMHO)

Patrick Cutrone (again, so not proven, massive gamble and will Milan even remotely want to sell?, no)

and the newest addition 

Krzysztof Piatek, but again, not proven, regardless of massive start and Barca REALLY want him, I think we would have to guarantee him a starting position

That's it. All others will not be sold to us unless we bid INSANE money (and probably not even then, especially if we again have no CL) or are 30yo or older (Lewa, Higs, Cavani, Suarez, etc).

I think a really possible answer was STUPIDLY loaned out by us (BATS)

4 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Would be very interested to know the reasoning why actually.

Btw, you have a soul mate in my father on Süle! OMG He is mad about him for years. I showed him your posts, said 'Buy that bloke FIVE pints!' Lololol

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

Btw, you have a soul mate in my father on Süle! OMG He is mad about him for years. I showed him your posts, said 'Buy that bloke FIVE pints!' Lololol

GMTA mate Good taste runs in the family ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

On 08/09/2018 at 2:48 AM, Vesper said:

Because the board are fucking numpty cunts.

i wish you would say what you really mean lol , maybe u could forward it to the board , i could see Batman,Morata,Hazard being a fun 3 ...fun fun fun 

4 hours ago, mccg said:

i wish you would say what you really mean lol , maybe u could forward it to the board , i could see Batman,Morata,Hazard being a fun 3 ...fun fun fun 

Losing £40m plus on Courtois

Being bent over by multiple Italian teams on multiple players 3 straight summer windows to point where window is nigh shut and we then do desperation buys.

Drinkwater (perfect example of above)

De Bruyne sale. I wont even mention Salah or Lukaku.

Striker issues for 2 straight years: (Costa, Morata, Lukaku, Icardi fail when could have had him for £30 to £45m under market this July,  Bats loan, etc).

Turning down £65m for a 30yo Willian, not buying Malcom, who Barca then bought for only £37m.Or buying Bailey for roughly what we would have gotten for Willian.

I could go on, and on, but numpty cunt quotient is more than filled on those alone.